My 12th Man Brethren... Please help me settle a $ bet.

Who would you rather have as the Seahawks' starting QB right now?

• Russell Wilson

Votes: 132 95.7%
  • Matt Flynn

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters

TCHawk

Reaction score
Please... Just bare with me.

This is NOT a Russell Wilson/Matt Flynn debate. I made a bet with another Seahawks fan and I just need you to vote. There doesn't need to be a dialogue, just a one word answer.

This question and options are self-explanatory.

Thanks to all who participate... I'll give the particulars after the vote is over! I need 100 replies.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think the bet must be that you can actually get people to vote for Matt Flynn. Some sort of over-under. My guess is 10% will vote for Flynn just to be a pain ih your ass. In fact.....

*edit* I changed my vote back to RW. Wouldn't want you to lose $20 on my account.

OP
OP
T

TCHawk

Reaction score
Thanks to all who have voted so far, but I do need to ask to take this seriously... Please only vote if you're a Seahawks fan and don't guess where this is going. Please vote for your real choice as a Seahawks fan... I got money riding on a number for RW3 and that's all I can say at this point, and it's a very high number of votes that I need for him...

OP
OP
T

TCHawk

Reaction score
Damn, I better cancel the bet. It's a bit tainted right now and that's no one's fault, but this is too tough to do on a message board.

I have a couple buddies at work who want RW3 benched in favor of Flynn because he is a "stupid rookie who makes stupid mistakes."

So I flexed and offered up a bet. I bet that 95 percent of Hawk fans would rather have RW3 under center than Flynn, and the bet amount was $20. But I've already had a Niner fan vote here and someone else who voted for Flynn just because. It's all good, it just won't work.

It does baffle me that I actually respected these clowns who I know who want Flynn to start. Laughable...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Your buddies are idiots. (I can say that since they aren't .NET members). :D

jlwaters1

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1l4eaj4p said:
49er fan here, and I voted for Matt Flynn. :D

So then you would vote for Alex Smith over Kaepernick? To me they are very similar scenarios (though SMith is alot mroe of a known commodity than Flynn.). Wilson and Kaepernick have much higher ceilings than Flynn and Smith, but The 2 vets have the experience factor going for them. They are efficient but not really game changers.

Wilson is much more dynamic than Flynn, to me there's no question as to who the starter should be.

Throwdown

Reaction score
jlwaters1":66ol7pm2 said:
5_Golden_Rings":66ol7pm2 said:

So then you would vote for Alex Smith over Kaepernick? It's the same sort of scenario. Wilson and Kaepernick have much higher ceilings than Flynn and Smith, but they are the "seasoned" vets who will be efficient but not maximize the talents on offense.

Wilson is much more dynamic than Flynn, to me there's no question as to who the should be.

No he wants Flynn in there because Wilson is THAT DUDE! They scurred!!!!!

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
We really don't know the answer to this, since Flynn hasn't played. Hard to imagine him being as dynamic, poised, and unique as Wilson though.

I hope Flynn gets a chance somewhere else to start. So it's not awkward, I really hope its an AFC team or at a minimum he doesn't go to AZ.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Throwdown":1bo03pf6 said:
jlwaters1":1bo03pf6 said:
5_Golden_Rings":1bo03pf6 said:

So then you would vote for Alex Smith over Kaepernick? It's the same sort of scenario. Wilson and Kaepernick have much higher ceilings than Flynn and Smith, but they are the "seasoned" vets who will be efficient but not maximize the talents on offense.

Wilson is much more dynamic than Flynn, to me there's no question as to who the should be.

No he wants Flynn in there because Wilson is THAT DUDE! They scurred!!!!!

Basically that. Although with our defense I'm not "scurred." But Wilson brings a ton more to the table than Flynn, and he will only get better.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I was a Flynn guy when the battle for the starting job was going on. But at this point RW has proven to be a stellar student of the game with all the physical skills to do the job. Sure he is a rookie and makes rookie mistakes and that mistake in the Miami game was an example. But he makes so few rookie mistakes and he does not repeat those same mistakes. Allowing him to finish out the season will only solidify the process which is a good thing for the future of this team.