Road ahead is BRIGHT.

ProckHawks

Reaction score
Wilson is projected to throw for 3,167 yards 26 TDs and 11 INTs.

Hasselbeck on his best years put up numbers like that and we can all agree he was out best QB.

Wilson did this in his first season.

Just saying...

Pstark3

Reaction score
Road ahead for Wilson is clearly bright, nobody is arguing that.

The question marks comes with just about every other aspect of this team

Rafi

Reaction score
Wilson is special. Hopefully we can continue to grow the team around him. As long as Schneider sticks around I think our future will continue to be bright!

aku

Reaction score
Wilson did this in his first season.
Ah, the old "if I pretend the season is over it can't hurt me any more" technique. I had really hoped we wouldn't be needing that this season. :(

OP
OP
P

ProckHawks

Reaction score
We still have a top 5 defense. I believe this team will grow stronger and faster after next years offseason and draft. Remember we're only in year 3 of the 4 year plan.

QB check
RB/FB check
WR Still needs work. Slim core after Rice and Tate (DRAFT)
TE Still needs someone besides Miller (FA)
OL Needs a lil help (DRAFT)

DL Depth and pass rusher (DRAFT/FA)
LB Depth/Starter(DRAFT)
DB check

We're not that many play makers away from being a elite team. One more good draft and FA pick up's.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
ProckHawks":1h715hm2 said:
We still have a top 5 defense. I believe this team will grow stronger and faster after next years offseason and draft. Remember we're only in year 3 of the 4 year plan.

QB check
RB/FB check

LB Depth/Starter(DRAFT)
DB check

We're not that many play makers away from being a elite team. One more good draft and FA pick up's.

In numbers only. This defense is not top five by current performance.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":363p6o3o said:
ProckHawks":363p6o3o said:

QB check
RB/FB check

LB Depth/Starter(DRAFT)
DB check

If by current, you mean yesterday, then yeah.

If by current, you mean in the past 3 games, then no, I disagree.

At home, this defense has been one of the best in the league. The only issues they've had at home were minor for the most part.

On the road, the defense HAD been doing pretty well up until the SF game, when they got gashed by Gore, then lit up the next week by Stafford. And while you might not want to hear it, the 49ers and Lions offenses really were highly ranked units when we faced them. That's not an excuse for the defense, but rather a statement of fact that is intended to help explain what went wrong (and perhaps to figure out how to fix what went wrong).

So even with a slip against Adrian Peterson in run defense, the Seahawks defense had played pretty well in the couple of weeks leading up to the bye. But again, those were home games. The Miami game is a much bigger concern in my book because there really aren't any adequate explanations outside of the defense being unprepared and unmotivated, or the coaches failing to adjust to stop an offense that was struggling before it faced us.

I still think this defense is better than the "sucks" or "mediocre" tags you've been giving it, but it certainly isn't elite. I think it's a pretty good defense with some clear flaws - and none bigger than stops on 3rd downs and translating home effort into road effort.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
volsunghawk":26u35s4g said:
Tech Worlds":26u35s4g said:
ProckHawks":26u35s4g said:

QB check
RB/FB check

LB Depth/Starter(DRAFT)
DB check

If by current, you mean yesterday, then yeah.

If by current, you mean in the past 3 games, then no, I disagree.

At home, this defense has been one of the best in the league. The only issues they've had at home were minor for the most part.

On the road, the defense HAD been doing pretty well up until the SF game, when they got gashed by Gore, then lit up the next week by Stafford. And while you might not want to hear it, the 49ers and Lions offenses really were highly ranked units when we faced them. That's not an excuse for the defense, but rather a statement of fact that is intended to help explain what went wrong (and perhaps to figure out how to fix what went wrong).

So even with a slip against Adrian Peterson in run defense, the Seahawks defense had played pretty well in the couple of weeks leading up to the bye. But again, those were home games. The Miami game is a much bigger concern in my book because there really aren't any adequate explanations outside of the defense being unprepared and unmotivated, or the coaches failing to adjust to stop an offense that was struggling before it faced us.

I still think this defense is better than the "sucks" or "mediocre" tags you've been giving it, but it certainly isn't elite. I think it's a pretty good defense with some clear flaws - and none bigger than stops on 3rd downs and translating home effort into road effort.

I hope you are right. I want you to be. I do not root against my team just so that I am correct.

I am not happy at all with how our defense has played. Peterson gashed us on the way to a career day. A good defense at least limits him a wee bit. We didnt even do that, he averaged over 10yards a carry. The jets? They arnt really much of a test. Miami? not a good team at all. We got abused by them. over 180 yards on the ground. that isnt good defense.

I dont want to be right. I want to be wrong on this. I want this team to get back to stuffing the run like it did at the beginning of the year. That sets everything else up. good defense starts by stopping the run. So far they have not been able to get things fixed since the cracks started to show up against the Pats. Prior to that we were absolutely stuffing people. That Pats got a few good runs on us but the overall game was a win and they didnt gash us repeatedly so I wasnt too worried. It has seamed to me since then that we just arnt stuffing the run like we did. We just arnt as dominant.

This team is built around running the ball and playing good defense. Right now we arnt doing either. Wilson is starting to come around right when the other parts seam to be falling apart. We must get it fixed or we will be watching the playoffs instead of participating.

I do not want to be right on this but I am afraid I may be. It is my biggest concern.

But who will really know right? I mean with Shermon and Browner being most likely suspended I am sure that our defensive woes will be blamed on their absence even though our deficiencies have been showing up prior.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":t11q92sb said:
I hope you are right. I want you to be. I do not root against my team just so that I am correct.

I am not happy at all with how our defense has played. Peterson gashed us on the way to a career day. A good defense at least limits him a wee bit. We didnt even do that, he averaged over 10yards a carry. The jets? They arnt really much of a test. Miami? not a good team at all. We got abused by them. over 180 yards on the ground. that isnt good defense.

I dont want to be right. I want to be wrong on this. I want this team to get back to stuffing the run like it did at the beginning of the year. That sets everything else up. good defense starts by stopping the run. So far they have not been able to get things fixed since the cracks started to show up against the Pats. Prior to that we were absolutely stuffing people. That Pats got a few good runs on us but the overall game was a win and they didnt gash us repeatedly so I wasnt too worried. It has seamed to me since then that we just arnt stuffing the run like we did. We just arnt as dominant.

This team is built around running the ball and playing good defense. Right now we arnt doing either. Wilson is starting to come around right when the other parts seam to be falling apart. We must get it fixed or we will be watching the playoffs instead of participating.

I do not want to be right on this but I am afraid I may be. It is my biggest concern.

But who will really know right? I mean with Shermon and Browner being most likely suspended I am sure that our defensive woes will be blamed on their absence even though our deficiencies have been showing up prior.
GREAT post and my feelings exactly.

Largent80

Reaction score
What good defense gives up 2, 80 plus yard drives in the 4th quarter, with a lead to a very mediocre team?

2 players facing suspention and one already serving one.

Yeah, there are bright spots dotting the roster but today doesn't feel so good to me.

Largent80

Reaction score
What good defense gives up 2, 80 plus yard drives in the 4th quarter, with a lead to a very mediocre team?

2 players facing suspension and one already serving one.

Yeah, there are bright spots dotting the roster but today doesn't feel so good to me.

Latest posts