Att: 280
Pct: 63.6%
Yards: 2,051
Avg. 7.3
TD: 17
INT: 8
Rating: 93.9
227 yards rushing on the year

For God's sake Pete, give Russell 40 throws a game. Let's win some damn games. Pounding the football is out-of-date in this league.

garydrake425

Reaction score
Just for one game Pete should let Mr. Wilson take off on a team. I'd love to see what the kids got. This year i have seen some pretty nice games out of the rookie QB's and many of them have gotten to go all out and have shined. Now why can't are smart, mature, big armed, accurate, quick footed rookie go out and do the same? Pete Carroll? Bevell? Whoever it is needs to quit being a puss and give the kid the green light.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":2potvr3k said:
Hawksfanatik":2potvr3k said:
Pete is just scared. he is playing not to lose.

Is that not the most ironic thing ever?
Well I don't know about that, you just don't want to overdo it with the mojo dust, you might want to save it for...uh...save it for um... er, never mind :34853_tinfoil:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
themunn":1nkjz4to said:
HawkFan72":1nkjz4to said:
What's the Seahawk record for QB Ranking on the season?

Hass with 98.2 in 2005

That's because Mike Holmgren had a way BETTER Oline, and an 1,880 yard rusher to keep Defenses honest,,Amazing what that kind of ballance can do for you.

kearly

Reaction score
Before anyone says "ditch the run", keep in mind that the run game (in moderation) has been a huge factor in his success both here and at Wisconsin. Wilson sells play action very well, which helps open up his biggest strength: the deep ball. I do agree with some when they say that Seattle's offense looks better when it's more pass heavy than run heavy, but if we morphed this team into the 2007 Seahawks offense I think Wilson's efficiency numbers would take a hit, and Lynch's numbers would be hurt too obviously.

Our offense is playing well right now. Seattle was in Miami territory in over half their possessions, and was 2/2 in the redzone. Considering that Miami's defense played extremely well against the run, I find that to be impressive. And against the Jets and Vikings, both good defenses, our offense was borderline dominant.

I'm optimistic about our offense. The cool thing about it is there is still room for improvement. If Seattle has just one more offseason as good as any of the last 3, they are going to be a scary team in 2013. It's really a shame they are showing their youth this year with all these close road losses, because even this year they are one of the best DVOA teams in the league.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
themunn":38xyl3or said:
HawkFan72":38xyl3or said:
What's the Seahawk record for QB Ranking on the season?

Hass with 98.2 in 2005

It's interesting you bring up Hasslebeck I was looking at his career numbers and found a few interesting things:

Hass only has 2 seasons (14 seasons) with a 90+ QB rating- 2005= 98.2, 2007= 91.4
RW is sitting at 93.9 QB rating.

Hass has 5 (of 14 seasons) seasons with YPA over 7.0 -2002= 7.3, 2003= 7.5, 2004=7.1, 2005=7.7, 2007=7.1
RW is at 7.3 YPA

Hass has 4 seasons with 20+ TD passes- 2003= 26, 2004= 22, 2005=24, 2007= 28.
RW has 17 TD passes.
Russell Wilson so far is on track to hit or exceed each of these marks, which is incredibly impressive, when you compare him to arguably the best QB in franchise history.

Steve2222

Reaction score
RW3 has set my expectations high for him, and Im not even afraid he wont live up to it. I see him being a 3,500+ yard, 60+ Comp. %, 30+ TD, 12- INT, 90+ QB Rating year in and year out type of QB.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":6momsmzh said:
Our offense is playing well right now. Seattle was in Miami territory in over half their possessions, and was 2/2 in the redzone. Considering that Miami's defense played extremely well against the run, I find that to be impressive. And against the Jets and Vikings, both good defenses, our offense was borderline dominant.
14 points, Kip. There was way more than 14 to be had, too. But ineffectual and predictable first downs led to long second downs, and our offense scored 14 points total. What you think will happen next year is not going to happen unless there is a major shift in philosophy for this staff.

The committment to the run had almost the same feel as the Denny Green Meltdown game where the Cards ran 33 times for 56 yards (which holds the NFL record for most runs for least yards). I know that is a hyperbolic comparison, but the feel is the same. Take Russell's scrambles and the 3rd and long handoffs out of the run totals yesterday, and our desire to run into 8 and 9 man run stopping sets is head scratching, particularly in the 2nd half. Russell was killing the blitz, he was throwing dimes deep, and we get middle run, crap screen, 3rd and long sack because our staff was too damn concerned with the clock when they weren't yet in field goal range.