Adderall vs Steroids

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

Were they taking Adderall or Steroids

Adderall
35
64%
Steroids
15
27%
Other (please specify)
5
9%
 
Total votes : 55

Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:31 pm
  • Sounds like Adderall is being used as an excuse for players who don't want to admit they are taking steroids. Do you believe BB and Sherm were really taking Adderall for it's energy/focus benefits well knowing they could get a 4 game suspension, or do you think they were taking steroids and just using Adderall as an excuse? Do you care? Which is worse in your mind?

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ids-users/
    Last edited by Wenhawk on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    User avatar
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2180
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:32 pm
  • I dont care. stupid move to hurt the team either way.
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 956
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:23 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:32 pm
  • I dont care. Call me a shallow person, but the only think i'm pissed about is that they got caught.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18602
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:33 pm
  • *Were, bro.
    Image
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    User avatar
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 600
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:34 pm
  • God damn this weekend man
    User avatar
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1428
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
    Location: Bellevue


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:35 pm
  • So this thread and poll were created so we could guess what drugs players took, with out any sort of substantial information to go off of? Ok... no thanks...
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3510
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:37 pm
  • I think Black Doug slipped them a roofie.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18602
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:39 pm

Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:40 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:So this thread and poll were created so we could guess what drugs players took, with out any sort of substantial information to go off of? Ok... no thanks...


    They tested positive for steroids. It could mean that they really took steroids, or they were just on adderrall. Do you believe they took peds or they they are innocent? (Roids or Adderall
    Image
    User avatar
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 849
    Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:04 pm
    Location: Behind you


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:40 pm
  • Who cares? More than half of the league is probably on steroids. You think its physically possible to be a freak of nature like Vernon Davis, JPP, etc.. naturally?

    BB and Sherman got caught.
    User avatar
    VancitySeahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 965
    Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:06 pm


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:56 pm
  • KitsapHawk wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:So this thread and poll were created so we could guess what drugs players took, with out any sort of substantial information to go off of? Ok... no thanks...


    They tested positive for steroids. It could mean that they really took steroids, or they were just on adderrall. Do you believe they took peds or they they are innocent? (Roids or Adderall


    Again, not really into the whole guess what drugs someone really took based on no real insight...
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3510
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:57 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    KitsapHawk wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:So this thread and poll were created so we could guess what drugs players took, with out any sort of substantial information to go off of? Ok... no thanks...


    They tested positive for steroids. It could mean that they really took steroids, or they were just on adderrall. Do you believe they took peds or they they are innocent? (Roids or Adderall


    Again, not really into the whole guess what drugs someone really took based on no real insight...


    I have faith in them.
    Probably not a good idea.
    Image
    User avatar
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 849
    Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:04 pm
    Location: Behind you


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:00 pm
  • I voted other for the oline being stoned
    Image
    User avatar
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1441
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:00 pm
  • As most are, I was pissed and sulking around the house over our loss today, then to read about BB and Sherm just put me in a mood, then Aaron Rodgers basically lost me my fantasy match up by not throwing to James Jones 1 time. Worst day ever.... make that weekend with the Huskies pathetic loss to WSU.

    Anyways, after i discover an article about Addderall being used as a cover up steroid use I started thinking about how i'd fell if our guys were lying about Adderall to cover for steroids. First I though why take Adderall in the first place, I take Ritalin and it's similar and it is great to help for concentration, studying, focus, provides sustained energy, and curbs appetite. But the advantages of Adderall are not even close to being worth the penalty of a 4 game suspension.

    Now I'm tot he point I actually hope our guys aren't so stupid to be taking Adderall and getting caught. I hope they were using steroids for their own sake. Benefits of steroids far outweigh those of ADD medication and with the way those boys have been playing out of this world it's honestly not a surprise. Nothing is too good to be true, a 5th rd pick and player from the Canadian football league just jump in and play at pro bowl level was an amazing feet and was fun to watch. Sherman has become on of my top 3 favorite players and I am truly disappointed, the shame he is going to bring upon himself and the Seahawks is painful. I loved Sherm's swagger it was cool to finally have a guy who was outspoken and could back it up. He was getting air time on NFL network and was making the Seahawks a popular topic, but now he just looks like a jacka$$ talking smack while illegally using supplements. If your going to cheat at least don't be so arrogant.

    I love the Seahawks and all of our players and today is a sad day for our franchise.

    .....end rant
    Image
    User avatar
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2180
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:15 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:As most are, I was pissed and sulking around the house over our loss today, then to read about BB and Sherm just put me in a mood, then Aaron Rodgers basically lost me my fantasy match up by not throwing to James Jones 1 time. Worst day ever.... make that weekend with the Huskies pathetic loss to WSU.

    Anyways, after i discover an article about Addderall being used as a cover up steroid use I started thinking about how i'd fell if our guys were lying about Adderall to cover for steroids. First I though why take Adderall in the first place, I take Ritalin and it's similar and it is great to help for concentration, studying, focus, provides sustained energy, and curbs appetite. But the advantages of Adderall are not even close to being worth the penalty of a 4 game suspension.

    Now I'm tot he point I actually hope our guys aren't so stupid to be taking Adderall and getting caught. I hope they were using steroids for their own sake. Benefits of steroids far outweigh those of ADD medication and with the way those boys have been playing out of this world it's honestly not a surprise. Nothing is too good to be true, a 5th rd pick and player from the Canadian football league just jump in and play at pro bowl level was an amazing feet and was fun to watch. Sherman has become on of my top 3 favorite players and I am truly disappointed, the shame he is going to bring upon himself and the Seahawks is painful. I loved Sherm's swagger it was cool to finally have a guy who was outspoken and could back it up. He was getting air time on NFL network and was making the Seahawks a popular topic, but now he just looks like a jacka$$ talking smack while illegally using supplements. If your going to cheat at least don't be so arrogant.

    I love the Seahawks and all of our players and today is a sad day for our franchise.

    .....end rant


    Lets not call them guilty before the facts are out, but ya I am curious about the outcome of this.
    strohmin
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 467
    Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 pm


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:16 pm
  • Both of those guys are talk and lanky. If they were juicing you'd see a lot more "puff" to them. In either muscle mass or water weight
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10361
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:58 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Both of those guys are talk and lanky. If they were juicing you'd see a lot more "puff" to them. In either muscle mass or water weight

    ^^ This is not true ^^
    User avatar
    Rafi
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 55
    Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:26 am


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:59 pm
  • Not everyone takes steroids for the same reason.
    User avatar
    Rafi
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 55
    Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:26 am


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:05 pm
  • Browner takes roids! Despite his leg mass being zero.

    To add to it. Both are corners that are big. They don't want to get bigger. Neither have had any real injuries since they've been with Seattle so they aren't trying to recover from anything. They are both fairly young it's not like they are losing a step.

    I don't know, it'd surprise the hell out of me.
    User avatar
    JKent82
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3009
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:09 pm
  • I've often wondered if Rockhawk takes steroids?
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    User avatar
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *
     
    Posts: 5573
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Skagit County, WA


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:19 pm
  • I started on testosterone replacement therapy several months ago after my doctor discovered my testosterone levels are low. I inject 200 mg of test per week which puts me in the high range of T levels of about 800-900 ng/dl. I was in the low 300's. I've noticed an incredible transformation in my athletic performance playing basketball and volleyball. So much to the point my teammates have noticed a difference in my play as well. You'd be amazed what a little extra boost of vitamin T can do for you on and off the field even if you're not using abusive doses of it like the bodybuilders do.
    User avatar
    Rafi
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 55
    Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:26 am


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:25 am
  • Last year Moffit got a 4 game and last week Winton Guy got 4 games because of Adderall, a ADHD med.


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall

    Performance-enhancing use

    In addition to treatment of juveniles with ADHD, Adderall is sometimes prescribed for children who are not doing well in school but who don't have ADHD. These are often children from economically-deprived backgrounds for whom alternatives such as therapy or tutoring is not available.[42]

    Adderall is widely used as a "study drug" at many universities,[43] due to Adderall's reported ability to help focus energy and concentration to a much higher level than normal.[citation needed] It enables the user to focus and stay awake. Stories of students writing papers continuously for an unusually long time or "cramming" all night for an exam with no loss of energy or concentration are common.[43] College campuses known to be highly competitive or have a high rate of binge drinking had up to 25% of students use an ADHD medication within one year, a survey of students at 119 colleges across the country concluded.[citation needed]

    Adderall use as an academic advantage has become increasingly common amongst college students. Illegal Adderall use is highest among students from the northeastern region of the United States and students from colleges with more competitive admission standards.[44] Students with ADHD sell Adderall on college campuses for anywhere from $5 to $25 a pill depending on the time of the academic year.[45] The legal consequences for selling Adderall include prison time because it is classified as a controlled substance.[46] It is often difficult to catch illegal Adderall sales because the pills are “easily concealed, odorless, and can be perceived as prescribed drugs” Of these sales, 62% of buyers report using Adderall for concentration and study help.[47]

    Many athletic organizations have restricted the usage of Adderall by athletes. The NCAA has banned the use of Adderall for its collegiate athletes without a prescription and adequate records of evaluation and diagnosis of ADHD.[48] Nevada State Athletic Commission has also banned athletes in the state from using Adderall. Tim Credeur was removed from a UFC fight on the finale of The Ultimate Fighter 7 because of a positive drug test due to his use of it. In the National Football League, New Orleans Saints kicker Garrett Hartley served a four-game suspension when the 2009 NFL regular season began because he tested positive for the banned stimulant. The Arizona Cardinals tight end Ben Patrick received a four-game suspension as a result of using Adderall.[49]

    The New York Giants running back Andre Brown (American football) faced a four-game suspension for violating NFL's performance-enhancing substance ban. Brown said: “It was something that I've been on since I've been in the league, which was Adderall. I just forgot to fill out some paperwork and that was it.” [50] Brown eventually won an appeal, and had his suspension lifted.[51] Another Giants player, Tyler Sash, was suspended for four games by the NFL in July 2012 after testing positive for Adderall four months earlier. The safety said in a statement that he took the drug legally and "under a doctor's care for an anxiety condition" to help him with public speaking.[52] The New York Giants safety Will Hill (American football) was charged a four-game suspension for violating NFL's performance-enhancing substance ban. Hill said: “"I received a doctor's prescription for Adderall prior to signing with the Giants” [53] Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib has been suspended four games by the NFL for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing substances. Talib released a statement saying his suspension was a result of testing positive for Adderall: "Around the beginning of training camp, I made a mistake by taking an Adderall pill without a prescription,".[54]
    User avatar
    Uffda
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 717
    Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:31 am
  • If Adderall were a performance enhancer, I would be Tom Brady with RGIII wheels. That's a bunch of crap. I really can't believe we are going to lose half of our defensive backfield to this.
    User avatar
    acbass
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 419
    Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:55 pm
    Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota/Charleston, South Carolina


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:05 am
  • I don't think Sherman was juicing. Browner on the other hand, who knows. I looked at photos of his CFL days and even last year, he has definitely put on some good lean muscle. Not saying that is necessarily from steroids. But a big man like that, it takes a good amount of time to pack on muscle and keep your bodyfat % down at the same time. Browner is in the NFL, he doesn't have the luxury of bulking and cutting. He has to stay lean or he'll lose some speed and agility. So unless Browner has the perfect athletic genetic profile, i'm kind of suspicious. But my opinion doesn't matter anyway.

    Did anyone find it somewhat strange we have 6'3" and 6'4" cornerbacks who are strong, fast and can keep up with just about any receiver in the league? Almost every corner in the league is under 6'2" for a reason, they're usually quicker than bigger players. Almost all the receivers in the league who are 6'3" to 6'5" are a bit slower than the Golden Tate size receivers, so they use their size as an advantage. Not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE to be big and fast, just that it's rare. Calvin Johnson and wideouts like him are an exception of course.

    Well, you can argue that world class sprinters are usually tall. Usain Bolt for instance. But they run in a straight line. No agility or extreme body control needed like NFL wide receivers.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:53 am
  • They couldn't have been on adderall or roids because neither looked focused or strong enough to stop the pass
    twelfman
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 499
    Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 4:06 pm


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:02 pm
  • twelfman wrote:They couldn't have been on adderall or roids because neither looked focused or strong enough to stop the pass


    Um actually they have been outstanding, it was Trufant who didn't look focused.
    Image
    User avatar
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2180
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:15 pm
  • Zowert wrote:I don't think Sherman was juicing. Browner on the other hand, who knows. I looked at photos of his CFL days and even last year, he has definitely put on some good lean muscle. Not saying that is necessarily from steroids. But a big man like that, it takes a good amount of time to pack on muscle and keep your bodyfat % down at the same time. Browner is in the NFL, he doesn't have the luxury of bulking and cutting. He has to stay lean or he'll lose some speed and agility. So unless Browner has the perfect athletic genetic profile, i'm kind of suspicious. But my opinion doesn't matter anyway.

    Did anyone find it somewhat strange we have 6'3" and 6'4" cornerbacks who are strong, fast and can keep up with just about any receiver in the league? Almost every corner in the league is under 6'2" for a reason, they're usually quicker than bigger players. Almost all the receivers in the league who are 6'3" to 6'5" are a bit slower than the Golden Tate size receivers, so they use their size as an advantage. Not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE to be big and fast, just that it's rare. Calvin Johnson and wideouts like him are an exception of course.

    Well, you can argue that world class sprinters are usually tall. Usain Bolt for instance. But they run in a straight line. No agility or extreme body control needed like NFL wide receivers.


    Browner is only fast in a straight line, otherwise he's about the same speed and size as Kam (who isn't slow by any means)
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2513
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:40 pm
  • Plus, they don't really "keep up" with the wrs..(although browner did catch all day..hehe), that's the safety's job. These guys usually play press or whatever you wanna call it..jam them up and stuff. I could see strength helping with that.
    Either way, "say it ain't so!" hehe
    Godspeed Seattle CBs..

    -SH
    User avatar
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1703
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:59 pm
    Location: Ballard


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:15 pm
  • I just don't get why they would take anything that they could risk getting caught for. Why not just take HGH like everybody else?
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1491
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:18 pm
  • Steroids makes your pee pee small. Just ask Largent80.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9706
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:19 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:I just don't get why they would take anything that they could risk getting caught for. Why not just take HGH like everybody else?

    No doubt, how do these guys take risks like that when they can get caught so easily??
    User avatar
    Rafi
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 55
    Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:26 am


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:42 pm
  • Maybe Winston Guy was mad cause he got busted so he spiked their drinks. Damn Rookies!
    Image
    User avatar
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2180
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Adderall vs Steroids
Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:54 am
  • Could it be because they would want to be a bit higher on the payroll:

    Richard Sherman 4 yr/$2,222,424
    Brandon Browner 3 yr/$1,290,000

    --------2012 Avg Salaries----------
    Nnamdi Asomugha $12,000,000
    Champ Bailey $10,750,000
    Brandon Carr $10,020,000
    Cortland Finnegan $10,000,000
    Johnathan Joseph $9,750,000
    ...
    Richard Sherman $555,606
    Brandon Browner $430,000

    Time in the NFL is very short and most players have very little skill outside of Football, so they want to make as much as possible as soon as possible. Unfortunately this hurts the team/fans/reputation.
    Fanatics
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 99
    Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:21 am




It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information