At what point does Pete Carroll hit the 'hot seat'..?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't know if this coaching staff is the one to lead this team over that hump anymore. Could be Carroll, could be Bevell.. etc. But it's looking more and more like this team is staring a .500 season in the face - and given the talent level on both sides, that is very disappointing.

So when does Pete Carroll hit the hot seat? 2013? The last 5 weeks if the team bottoms out? Not at all?

Discuss.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
From the fans, he already is.

From Paul Allen, I think we could lose every game the rest of this season and he will be fine. He will be evaluated on next season, imo.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2hf2uvof said:
I don't know if this coaching staff is the one to lead this team over that hump anymore. Could be Carroll, could be Bevell.. etc. But it's looking more and more like this team is staring a .500 season in the face - and given the talent level on both sides, that is very disappointing.

So when does Pete Carroll hit the hot seat? 2013? The last 5 weeks if the team bottoms out? Not at all?

Discuss.

Probably when we start getting blackouts. The season ticket waiting list is all but gone.

If we keep rolling out mediocre teams people are going to quit going. Pete then will, and should be fired.

God I hope he starts to win, I just don't want to start over again.

Pstark3

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1f1zu7ed said:
From the fans, he already is.

From Paul Allen, I think we could lose every game the rest of this season and he will be fine. He will be evaluated on next season, imo.
Exactly why I love Paul Allen. A smart owner

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Absolutely after next season. PC and JS came in w/ a 4 year plan. I think he is safe to the end of that for sure.

Smoke

Reaction score
Pete is not Magic. He had bare cupboards when he got here. He has turned us into a team that is on the verge of contending, what more could you ask for? Every single game we have been in, we have a rookie QB who we haven't even begun to build to his strengths yet. I wish we could lose one game without you nancies calling for PC, Bevell's, or Wilson's job. STFU.

our foundation is there, our QB is there, our Oline is young and still learning to play together. Yeah, these loses hurt, but playing as young as we are with the veteran leadership being a 30 year old FullBack or a safety that is in his 3rd year, there are going to be games were we biff it hard do to lack of maturity as players. We are still green.

Calling for heads after each loss, or even calling this team mediocre means your are not paying attention, and certainly not using your God Given logic.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Why, in a multimillion dollar company, do we not test our own guys before hand. Positive? Has an ankle injury from practice.

Get Lance Armstong on the payroll

hawk45

Reaction score
He wasn't really on the hot seat from fans until now, but this was a big loss and it's easy to see why. Playoff picture at stake, we'd already used up the excuse of "we're just playing a good team on the upswing" for the Detroit loss, so this was the game where fans were like okay look if you drop it in Miami, you're not for real, as in, mediocre for yet another year.

It'll take him longer to lose Allen, but we need to start to win games like this next year. This year he probably is safe even if he loses out as JSea said.

I sure hope he has it in him such we do start winning these games.

Steve2222

Reaction score
We are on year three of a rebuild project and currently #6 seed in the playoffs. Why is he on the hotseat again?

How many times has this team been blown out this year?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Remind me... who brought in all this fabled talent that should be doing better?

How bad were the Seahawks in 2008 and 2009 before Carroll and co arrived on the scene?

Which regime found a starting quarterback with franchise potential in the third round and had the spuds to start him as a rookie?

Which team beat the Patriots with a dramatic fourth quarter rally, is unbeaten at home, has put pride and belief back into this team and created an identity that was completely absent under Mora?

Today's a disappointing day. But anyone even talking about Carroll potentially being on the hot seat needs to get a grip.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Smoke":3ic5lhsr said:
Pete is not Magic. He had bare cupboards when he got here. He has turned us into a team that is on the verge of contending, what more could you ask for? Every single game we have been in, we have a rookie QB who we haven't even begun to build to his strengths yet. I wish we could lose one game without you nancies calling for PC, Bevell's, or Wilson's job. STFU.

our foundation is there, our QB is there, our Oline is young and still learning to play together. Yeah, these loses hurt, but playing as young as we are with the veteran leadership being a 30 year old FullBack or a safety that is in his 3rd year, there are going to be games were we biff it hard do to lack of maturity as players. We are still green.

Calling for heads after each loss, or even calling this team mediocre means your are not paying attention, and certainly not using your God Given logic.

All true but at some point all those great things need to lead to wins. We are looking at yet another 500 season. How many more will he get?

Pstark3

Reaction score
Steve2222":3evb4i52 said:
We are on year three of a rebuild project and currently #6 seed in the playoffs. Why is he on the hotseat again?

Quote of the year

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Steve2222":tk2e3w6y said:

Becuase we can't win on the road, still, today was supposed to be different.

Playing close games doesn't matter, wins do.

cesame

Reaction score
His seat should be warming up right now.

He has lost 4 games to teams under .500 this year. That is unacceptable with the team he has.

He needs to start producing winning seasons or he's out.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":12andxkg said:
Playing close games doesn't matter, wins do.

You're right.

And we have six wins, which right now puts us in pole position for the post season via wildcard.

cesame":12andxkg said:
He has lost 4 games to teams under .500 this year. That is unacceptable with the team he has.

You mean the team he created?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":ud9zya91 said:
Smoke":ud9zya91 said:

All true but at some point all those great things need to lead to wins. We are looking at yet another 500 season. How many more will he get?
The other quote of the year ^^^

God I am sick of mediocrity and obviously Dom is too. Demand better Seahawks fans.

Pete will be on the hot seat after next season if, as is nearly always the case with this franchise, they finish the usual 7-9, 8-8, 9-7.

pinksheets

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":dfra0xia said:
Remind me... who brought in all this fabled talent that should be doing better?

How bad were the Seahawks in 2008 and 2009 before Carroll and co arrived on the scene?

Which regime found a starting quarterback with franchise potential in the third round and had the spuds to start him as a rookie?

Which team beat the Patriots with a dramatic fourth quarter rally, is unbeaten at home, has put pride and belief back into this team and created an identity that was completely absent under Mora?

Today's a disappointing day. But anyone even talking about Carroll potentially being on the hot seat needs to get a grip.
I agree with your points, but I guess the question is, at what point do all the great personnel moves, great statement wins, and the team being "better" than they've been not outweigh compiling a legitimate winning season, which will mean finally improving their road woes, and a playoff berth? Next year? Fair or not, that time is coming.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2i95or31 said:
Pete will be on the hot seat after next season if, as is nearly always the case with this franchise, they finish the usual 7-9, 8-8, 9-7.

What if 9-7 = the post season?

Will he be on the hot seat then?

Remind me... what record did New York finish with last year before winning the Super Bowl?

strohmin

Reaction score
Don't you think if there was a better coaching option at this point, that the Paul Allen would hire him. I don't understand how firing someone will fix the problem. Maybe you should suggest better replacement options?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":24q373ap said:
Tech Worlds":24q373ap said:
Smoke":24q373ap said:

The other quote of the year ^^^

God I am sick of mediocrity and obviously Dom is too. Demand better Seahawks fans.

Oh and just to clear up any confusion... I am not calling for his head right now. I will be next year though if we are not a serious threat to be a top team.