Random Thoughts™ on the Dolphins game

kearly

Reaction score
Out of respect for .net's golden rule, I will restrain myself. Thusly I say: This game sucked! (those are all upper case asterisks by the way). If I had a Seahawks placard on my wall behind me, I'd point to it and say "the Seahawks defense took a big shit on that today."

I'm also mad because the Buffalo Wild Wings guy screwed up his timing. I wanted overtime dammit!

[youtube]cIVtwjdfb2M[/youtube]

Buffalo Wild Wings did issue an apology though, for what it's worth.

Fun and jokes aside, I'm actually pretty upset by this one. I mean jeez, what a great way to piss away the best road performance of Russell Wilson's career. I'm not normally a reactionary guy, but I could kind of feel a painful loss deep in my core throughout this game yet was baited by false hope. It's hard to feel secure when Seattle has lead in EVERY. SINGLE ROAD GAME. this season... and yet is just 1-5 in those games.

I don't even want to talk about this game. I just want to be put into a coma and woken up before the 2013 draft at this point. Seattle's season is not over, but this loss was a huge blow. I'll re-check coolstandings or whatever site it was the tracks playoff odds, but I'd guess that this loss probably will put Seattle under 5% for the division when it gets updated later this week. And this loss probably makes them a ~20-30% for the wildcard, compared to being much higher on both fronts had they won. Seattle can make up this loss by beating Chicago, but that's by several magnitudes the toughest road game of the entire season. That division number almost vanishing is huge, and if you have to ask why then clearly you have been turning off your TV during the 4th quarters of Seattle's road games this season.

Ryan Tannehill has justified his draft pick. He's having a good rookie season by rookie QB standards, and people aren't talking about it because this is the greatest rookie QB season in NFL history, and Miami was just 4-6. I am not surprised that he had the kind of game he did. He's an improviser, and if you can't finish a sack, he will make you pay for it. And that's exactly what he did over and over. I just wish our defense didn't make it look so criminally easy at times. Tannehill played well in the second half, but it's pretty easy to play well when your receivers are consistently open by 5-10 yards. It's not easy to score 17 points in the 4th quarter to win a game, that is unless you are playing our defense anywhere other than Seattle. I just can't get over how easy our defense made it look. It looked 100% automatic. When Miami got the ball back with 1:38, I just wanted to fast forward. I already knew Miami was going to win the game.

Kudos to Miami. They deserved to win. Especially their run defense. And when Troy Polumalu hangs em up I'm pretty sure Paul Soliai will be getting a well deserved call from Head and Shoulders marketing rep.

That said, Seattle had three chances for long field goals and turned those chances into 3 punts. They had a huge interception in the red zone that was effectively turned into a Miami touchdown when an airborne ET barely touched Tannehill's facemask. It wasn't a bad call really, just a very painful one. And also the kind that probably doesn't get called pre-Goodell. That was just one penalty of many. The Seahawks had yet another 10+ penalty game. That is perhaps the most disappointing facet of this loss. Because for several weeks before this game, Seattle seemed to have put their penalty woes behind them.

Kudos to Leon Washington for helping us remember that kick returners are not consistent performers and that we should be patient before passing judgement on them.

Kudos to Bobby Wagner who had a very nice game and should have had two picks.

Kudos to the Seahawks defensive line for drawing a ton of holds that the refs almost never called.

And kudos to Golden Tate. What a sick catch that was.

Kudos to Warren Moon, although I'd bet he's actually disappointed that his record wasn't broken.

Kudos to the broadcast producer for picking up on the incredible similarities between Wilson and Tarkenton.

And finally, kudos to Fox for giving us Tim Ryan for I believe the 4th straight Fox Broadcast. He's probably jinxing us with that coffee grinds smear of a beard (I think Seattle is 1-3 in his games), but I don't care. He does an awesome job. And he has an awesome beard. So it's hard to hate.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Nice post, I guess.

I didn't drink enough beer at the game.

Team is such a dick tease.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think there is such a thing as "enough beer" after that one.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
No kudos to Pete Carroll?

I think this was one of his worst games. Penalties, punts instead of field goals, offensive playcalling at the end, not taking advantage of a rookie qb.... Ect

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
No sir. No kudos to Pete Carroll. I love the guy, but this was probably his worst game of the season. He didn't even save the day with his halftime adjustments like he usually does. In fairness I did like some of the playcalls on offense today. The TD pass to Robinson was brilliant and I really liked that 3rd down pass to Evan Moore as well, where he faked as a blocker before releasing for an easy conversion.

On defense though, wow. To say our zone coverage sucks is a huge understatement. I'm guessing he ran with zone so much in this game because he was hoping to get a lot of interceptions, but I bet right now he wishes he'd gone a little easy and just played a safer defense.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Refs are back to form again. making sure the "right" teams win their playoff spots. NO isn't one of the "right" teams, SF is. Thus the refs blatantly fixed that game. They weren't so blatant against us, but it's obvious we're going to get screwed out of the playoffs, just as you can bet at some point Indy will get handed a ref win to get them in.

ceej22

Reaction score
I was not a fan of the play calling in the end. Game on the line and they were playing to run down the clock and get a game winning field goal. Normally I say that's great but not when their defense is stuffing the run all day long. And not when the passing game was making plays. Get into FG range than think about running down the clock.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
The defense had breakdowns throughout the game.

They gave up 6 plays over 20 yards! And another for 19 yards. The Dolphins just ripped our defense.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
PC, for what it's worth, completely said at his post game presser that the game was his fault. He blew the prep the week leading up to it (I assume including the game plan).

This better be his last shitty performance like this or I'm going to start raising the "Jon Gruden For Head Coach" flag.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Aros":2j7rudhg said:
PC, for what it's worth, completely said at his post game presser that the game was his fault. He blew the prep the week leading up to it (I assume including the game plan).

This better be his last shitty performance like this or I'm going to start raising the "Jon Gruden For Head Coach" flag.

Anyone got a link to a vid of the presser or anything of that nature? Can never find em.

EDIT: Nevermind, gottit.

hawk45

Reaction score
Blowing the bye week prep is an interesting story. I suppose it sounds better than "shit guys you know we can't win on the road what do you expect?"

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Tim Ryan's beard. It's neither here nor there. Too long and scruffy to be designer stubble, and not long enough to be a proper beard. It always looks like it'll come off via wet wipe, like he's drawn it on in pencil. Sad as it sounds, I want to give the man a frickin shave every time his face comes on the screen. And the most frustrating thing is, he could grow an epic beard if he wanted to. But he chooses not to. What a missed opportunity.

And oh yeah, the Seahawks were crappy today on defense.

kf3339

Reaction score
kearly":27mldam9 said:
Out of respect for .net's golden rule, I will restrain myself. Thusly I say: This game sucked! (those are all upper case asterisks by the way). If I had a Seahawks placard on my wall behind me, I'd point to it and say "the Seahawks defense took a big shit on that today."

I'm also mad because the Buffalo Wild Wings guy screwed up his timing. I wanted overtime dammit!

[youtube]cIVtwjdfb2M[/youtube]

Buffalo Wild Wings did issue an apology though, for what it's worth.

Fun and jokes aside, I'm actually pretty upset by this one. I mean jeez, what a great way to piss away the best road performance of Russell Wilson's career. I'm not normally a reactionary guy, but I could kind of feel a painful loss deep in my core throughout this game yet was baited by false hope. It's hard to feel secure when Seattle has lead in EVERY. SINGLE ROAD GAME. this season... and yet is just 1-5 in those games.

I don't even want to talk about this game. I just want to be put into a coma and woken up before the 2013 draft at this point. Seattle's season is not over, but this loss was a huge blow. I'll re-check coolstandings or whatever site it was the tracks playoff odds, but I'd guess that this loss probably will put Seattle under 5% for the division when it gets updated later this week. And this loss probably makes them a ~20-30% for the wildcard, compared to being much higher on both fronts had they won. Seattle can make up this loss by beating Chicago, but that's by several magnitudes the toughest road game of the entire season. That division number almost vanishing is huge, and if you have to ask why then clearly you have been turning off your TV during the 4th quarters of Seattle's road games this season.

Ryan Tannehill has justified his draft pick. He's having a good rookie season by rookie QB standards, and people aren't talking about it because this is the greatest rookie QB season in NFL history, and Miami was just 4-6. I am not surprised that he had the kind of game he did. He's an improviser, and if you can't finish a sack, he will make you pay for it. And that's exactly what he did over and over. I just wish our defense didn't make it look so criminally easy at times. Tannehill played well in the second half, but it's pretty easy to play well when your receivers are consistently open by 5-10 yards. It's not easy to score 17 points in the 4th quarter to win a game, that is unless you are playing our defense anywhere other than Seattle. I just can't get over how easy our defense made it look. It looked 100% automatic. When Miami got the ball back with 1:38, I just wanted to fast forward. I already knew Miami was going to win the game.

Kudos to Miami. They deserved to win. Especially their run defense. And when Troy Polumalu hangs em up I'm pretty sure Paul Soliai will be getting a well deserved call from Head and Shoulders marketing rep.

That said, Seattle had three chances for long field goals and turned those chances into 3 punts. They had a huge interception in the red zone that was effectively turned into a Miami touchdown when an airborne ET barely touched Tannehill's facemask. It wasn't a bad call really, just a very painful one. And also the kind that probably doesn't get called pre-Goodell. That was just one penalty of many. The Seahawks had yet another 10+ penalty game. That is perhaps the most disappointing facet of this loss. Because for several weeks before this game, Seattle seemed to have put their penalty woes behind them.

Kudos to Leon Washington for helping us remember that kick returners are not consistent performers and that we should be patient before passing judgement on them.

Kudos to Bobby Wagner who had a very nice game and should have had two picks.

Kudos to the Seahawks defensive line for drawing a ton of holds that the refs almost never called.

And kudos to Golden Tate. What a sick catch that was.

Kudos to Warren Moon, although I'd bet he's actually disappointed that his record wasn't broken.

Kudos to the broadcast producer for picking up on the incredible similarities between Wilson and Tarkenton.

And finally, kudos to Fox for giving us Tim Ryan for I believe the 4th straight Fox Broadcast. He's probably jinxing us with that coffee grinds smear of a beard (I think Seattle is 1-3 in his games), but I don't care. He does an awesome job. And he has an awesome beard. So it's hard to hate.

What I hate about this team is we seem to play to our competition. You just don't see us dominating the other team on a regular basis. While we do stay in the game, that is as much of an advantage to the other team. They have just as much opportunity to take the game as we do.

This is especially true on the road.

jkitsune

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1osz7r3t said:
Refs are back to form again. making sure the "right" teams win their playoff spots. NO isn't one of the "right" teams, SF is. Thus the refs blatantly fixed that game. They weren't so blatant against us, but it's obvious we're going to get screwed out of the playoffs, just as you can bet at some point Indy will get handed a ref win to get them in.

What a shitty attitude to have. Why even watch the sport if this is how you feel? The Seahawks have no one to blame for their losses but themselves. Bad and ticky-tack calls go both ways, and if the Hawks want to stop getting flagged, they should stop committing fouls. Period.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
jkitsune":cyqpmgdf said:
SalishHawkFan":cyqpmgdf said:

What a shitty attitude to have. Why even watch the sport if this is how you feel? The Seahawks have no one to blame for their losses but themselves. Bad and ticky-tack calls go both ways, and if the Hawks want to stop getting flagged, they should stop committing fouls. Period.

Post of the day.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Aros":1t3zs6ag said:

Gruden would be a fantastic choice.

Damn already sounds good, I didn't like the guy as a coach (because he was good) but after hearing him on the airwaves, he's respectable.

GoHawks55

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1djw1exa said:
You can't be serious? This loss came from blown opportunities and play calls, not the ref's. We catch a few of the balls that were dropped, or have better play calling and people are singing a different tune... Every time a team losses some fans jump at all these conspiracies when all the team needs to do to win is make the plays...

There are background checks every year on all the refs each year so the integrity of the game is upheld.

Sorry for calling you out bud but that thought is crazy, and is only creating excuses on why the team lost other then just not making the plays that need to be made.