I see us replacing hauschka next year

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
When your coach passes up taking a 53 yard field goal, thats not a good sign for the kicker.

Bye bye steven

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
m0ng0":29snfem0 said:
it was a breezy day :D

It really wasn't, I was at the game and I need to hear an excuse as to why PC passed up on points.

Stupid game.

Everything is so predictable with this team, we will probably beat the Bears next week.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hauscka apparently can kick 65 yard field goals but not from 53 yards....

And we don't go for it if not kicking.

Major coaching issues on that punting decision. They should be ripped for it

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1xhqwrpk said:
When your coach passes up taking a 53 yard field goal, thats not a good sign for the kicker.

Bye bye steven

20-23 coaches pass that up and go for 61 yarders

Fox0r

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":1df0ytfs said:
I found a punt there curious to say the least. I dont think they have much faith in Hauschka.

Or it's a sign of Pete not taking the Dolphins as a serious threat. Players model the team. I am beginning to think we need a new coach.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Wait... you want to take a long field goal (outside) and give them really good field position if we miss it?

I thought it was an obvious punt situation. Trust your defense which has been so good until today.

The problem I had was the play calling of that drive.

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
SonicHawk":27k4v5xm said:
Wait... you want to take a long field goal (outside) and give them really good field position if we miss it?

I thought it was an obvious punt situation. Trust your defense which has been so good until today.

Well thats the whole problem. Pete thought the chance of Hauschka making a 53 yarder wasnt great enough to risk it instead of punting. Thats not good. You want a kicker that is fairly dependable up to the low 50s.

My point wasnt that Pete should have kicked it form that distance. My point was that Pete probably would have kicked the field goal if we had a more dependable kicker, which is why he will likely be replaced.

Throwdown

Reaction score
kicker in the first round?

Where's English and Kearly for the Kicker scouting reports?

aku

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":13bqvqv6 said:
I need to hear an excuse as to why PC passed up on points.
Hauschka's 1 of 4 on 50+ this year. Carroll might as well have personally handed the ball to Tannehill on the 40 if he went for it.

Frankly I'd have rather seen us go for it on the later 4th and 1 than kick a field goal on this play. Better chance of us making one yard than of Hauschka hitting a long one.

pinksheets

Reaction score
rpmischris":368x86zb said:
bye bye houschka... hello the fat guy from wazzu!!!!

I was at the game when he kicked his 60 yarder. One of the best experiences I've ever had at a football game. That was a crowd united in celebration, so much fun.

I hope that kid makes it somewhere.

In regards to the thread, yeah, if Pete can't trust our kicker enough to give him a shot at some long kicks, we need to find a guy he does.

minormillikin

Reaction score
rpmischris":248iei8m said:
bye bye houschka... hello the fat guy from wazzu!!!!

I love that dude! He's like the real life Bobby Hill!

FurneyAndrew2010Mug-01_001_t210.jpg

SrRiBfDK1pYKK5yRGZPOny5s3qoVkRPsEUu2PJGgDqax7ghtMQ

20_2_t940.jpg

AgentDib

Reaction score
The lack of confidence was huge at the end of the game too. We were in (long) field goal range, and could have run it up the middle a couple of times to try a 50 yarder as time expired. Instead we went for broke trying to move the chains.

I was at the game as well and the weather was great. What has changed since Carroll thought a Hauschka 63 yard field goal was more likely than a first down?

mikeak

Reaction score
SonicHawk":33oc32wt said:

38 yard line - ABSOLUTELY 100% you go for it in one way or another. You either kick (most NFL teams kick when you have a 53-yarder) or you go for it on 4th and 1.

Yes I understand the field position game. I also understand that it is a high risk punt in the sense that it frequently goes through the endzone (the outcome of the punt is irrelevant) so you are probably looking at an average field position of the 15 yard line (no stat to prove this) making it about a 23-25 yard risk........

I would risk the 23 yards all day long for the chance to put 3 / 7 points on the board. I can't remember the last time I saw a team punt on the 38 yard line with 4th and 1. This is the most risk adverse coaching in the freaking league especially since Norv Turner will get FIRED