Our QB should have had 40 passes today

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have never thought this before today. Our offensive line was outmatched in run blocking. Wilson was killing it. We did not play to our strengths today.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Yep. But we still could have won had the defense not allowed a 6 play 80 drive in the 4th after Leon gave us the lead.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I have always said this about the running game: "If your RB is averaging better than 5 yds per carry, you are not running it enough." Well, today I clearly seen it the other way: "If your QB is completing 78% of his passes, you are not throwing it enough."

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3n4esvcw said:
Yep. But we still could have won had the defense not allowed a 6 play 80 drive in the 4th after Leon gave us the lead.
Oh, the loss is squarely on the D. Still, Bevell's determination to run today ignored reality.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ka5b7phs said:
It's not Bevell, Scotte, and we all know it.
True. Pete and Tom's determination to run is more accurate.

Largent80

Reaction score
Trying to run in that last drive lost the chance for the win, it is that simple. RW was on fire, and it was completely ignored for whatever reason. And thank you Baldwin for dropping a perfectly thrown ball on a critical 3rd down.

pehawk

Reaction score
I love this point because its brilliant. And hate that it was such a simple point, Scott made it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3hknyq2b said:
1st the Lions 4th quarter win, and now the Phins?

Hell, I KNEW that the Seahawks were going to run on 1st down on every outing,,, nice job fooling the Dolphins Defense eh?
When the Phins took the que from how to play the Seahawks from the Lions, it was imparitive that THAT game plan needed to be etch-a-sketched, and some NEW strategies put in place.

Most of the blame needs to go to the Coaching for this loss.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Not just that RW was throwing well, he can also run, no bootlegs, no QB Draws, no Roll Outs, there's got to be some plays in the book to utilize Wilson's legs. A well timed QB run can kill a D in a heartbeat. Saw a couple QB read options today, but the Phins were all over it.