Bevell out, Cable OC? (Speculation)

seahawks-in-qc

Reaction score
What do you think of that move? Cable has done a decent jib with our o-line that doesnt really have big names on it.
What are your thoughts?

ensett

Reaction score
Cable hasnt been able to make this oline not suck, why would he be any good as an OC?

Pstark3

Reaction score
And for the record our O-line was pretty pathetic as well as many other parts of this team today.

Chapow

Reaction score
seahawks-in-qc":1yqz8nz1 said:
What do you think of that move? Cable has done a decent jib with our o-line that doesnt really have big names on it.
What are your thoughts?

I'd be fine with that if it means getting Bevell out of here.

BTW, our OLine has 2 1st round picks, 1 high 2nd round pick, and a 3rd round pick and they got absolutely dominated today.

Seaswab

Reaction score
The bills ran all over these clowns and we couldn't do shit

ensett

Reaction score
The Bills are a very strong run team, but whats crazier is the Titans were able to run all over them. Chris Johnson is one of the worst players I have ever seen. Hes managed to get a couple big runs lately to inflate his stats though

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Time to start over, all new coaching staff. The Pete Carroll experiment has failed...

(Not sure I really believe that but today pisses me off enough I'm sticking to it for now...)

volsunghawk

Reaction score
seahawks08":2josjsfq said:
I think our defense sucks on the road... period.

Our defense had been playing pretty well on the road right up until Gore gashed them in the SF game. Even then, they still didn't allow many points.

It's the last two games that are of major concern.

Hawks46

Reaction score
So Bevell is supposed to go out and make the blocks now ?

We base everything off the run. Miami is the best run defense in the league. We shouldn't have expected to run all over them, but at least do better than we did. I liked the play calling when the run abyssmally failed. We moved the ball fine, we just shot ourselves in the foot.

Oh yea, is it Bevell's fault that our offense is a bunch of penalty magnets on the road ? That's on Pete Carroll.

Twisted

Reaction score
in all fairness penalties had a huge impact today, not a whole lot the sidelines can do about those except bench the culprits

Twisted

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ahrmqtt said:
So Bevell is supposed to go out and make the blocks now ?

seriously, only thing that would make sense is that the run run run just put too much pressure on the o-line

airing it out for the entire 3rd quarter should have been the move though, dunno just a bad day but a close one so its not all that bad, if the Saints get it done Hawks are back to square one,if the niners get it done a wild card may be out of the question?

just hope they finish up strong so they have a good outlook during the off season and some momentum to start next season

HudsonHawk

Reaction score
Bevell Out! Norv Turner In as OC. When just focused on offense, Turner has been a great OC. (assuming Turner is fired)

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
OP are you trying to stir up more controversy? I thought your post was a statement of Bevell being fired and a suggestion for Cable to take over. Be carefuly of bait and switch man.

kf3339

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1l59d1i4 said:
Pete can't keep burning thru offensive coordinators. At some point the finger points at him.

I've said this before, but Pete was always at his best when he had a really good OC that he could give the offense to with confidence. He had that with Norm Chow, and then with Sark/Kiffin. They were really creative and kept the opposing defenses off balance.

He doesn't have that with Bevell. If he can't see it then perhaps PC isn't the right guy for the job. But he has a 4th year to get the job done. I just wish he would really evaluate his OC/DC positions and really determine if he has the absolute best people in those chairs.

Personally, I would replace both this year and get some savy veteran coaches to help him get this team over the hump.