Biggest disappointment after this game is...

redeye81

Reaction score
James Carpenter.. 1st round pick looking like a bust.. He plays so lazy or he out of shape. 2nd may be Unger since he got beat like a drum all game.. inside our lineman got beat man on man.. not a good sign..

seabowl

Reaction score
We should have learned about Carpenter when just after a few seconds after he was picked his college coach seemed shocked he was chosen in round 1.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Seaswab":2ybdgii9 said:
I think he's just dumb
I agree. He plays slow and dumb.

Dude needs to dump about 25 pounds to see if that might help.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
He was injured and missed snaps and has been banged up for weeks. But, I'm sure the "he sucks" opinions are based much more in fact.

jhball

Reaction score
Im going with our porous D. That penalty by earl was the nail. If we score 21, most days we win.

garydrake425

Reaction score
Yes are D let us down this week. Playcalling lost the game. Russell Wilson looked good. The refs screwed us, they knew if they didnt let them hold are guys we would win the game. They told em they could hold us this game and only this game. Okay maybe thats to much but we had this game in the bag and we let it get away. So here we are on are way to Chicago to smash the Bear after a demoralizing loss. Ghesh i love this team.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
seabowl":mhckx47i said:
We should have learned about Carpenter when just after a few seconds after he was picked his college coach seemed shocked he was chosen in round 1.

Probably would have been like if someone took Taylor Mays in the early first and asked Pete what he thought after..

We took a player that wasnt even that well liked by his own college coach...

tubbs51

Reaction score
Overall i'll have to give it to the Defense. What a poor performance. We got beat by two RBs and a bunch of 3rd, 4th, and 5th string receivers. Just plain ridiculous.

They need to buckle down and play consistently. We CANNOT rely on Russell and the offense alone to win games.

It was a depressing game and with the "news" about Sherman and Browner it's made this weekend pretty crummy.

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
We got beat in the trenches on both sides.. Very disappointing.. Carpenter is still my biggest disappointment. He is a first round pick that looks way over weight and slow. He gets pushed back into the QB consistently. What does he offer at this point other than potential?

Man what a bummer.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
redeye81":wbhpuzw1 said:
We got beat in the trenches on both sides.. Very disappointing.. Carpenter is still my biggest disappointment. He is a first round pick that looks way over weight and slow. He gets pushed back into the QB consistently. What does he offer at this point other than potential?

Man what a bummer.

He wasnt very good today but he's been dominant (maybe our best linemen) run blocking in the previous games he's played at guard.

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
I hope your right JSeahawks....

I haven't watched the coaches tape so maybe just limited views of him were not accurate today. He sure looked lost at times.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
redeye81":1850ynap said:
James Carpenter.. 1st round pick looking like a bust.. He plays so lazy or he out of shape. 2nd may be Unger since he got beat like a drum all game.. inside our lineman got beat man on man.. not a good sign..

Uhhhh... did you watch the defense at all?

Carpenter had a subpar game (really everyone outside of maybe 3 guys did today), but in general he's been one of our better linemen this season - especially in the run blocking department.

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
yes but on defense it's hard to pick one thing.. as a collective unit they were bad today.. i agree..

Is Hill about done? What is up with Mebane? He was dominate early in the year but now on break it seems??? grrr

sc85sis

Reaction score
He went out early after tweaking his knee (I don't know if it is the one he injured last year) and later came back in.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I'd say he more so lazy then slow. Saw him on several plays half assing it.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound arrogant but is it really that hard to get an idea of who will pan out and who won't at least in the first round?

Aside from the Aaron Curry pick and now James Carpenter, although I'll give him a break since he was hurt.