Would 8-8 be acceptable for this team?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Is it acceptable to be one win better off than 2010 and 2011? Would it be considered a failure this year? Or would you see it as progress, however minor?

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
I see it as a failure.

With the talent we are supposed to have we should be better. Although after watching games this season maybe we dont have as much talent as we are led to beleive.

I still see it as a failure. 1-5 on the road (probably 1-7) just will not cut it in the NFL. The CHIEFS have the same number of road wins we do.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I thought we would go 9-7 this season. But I do think we have the talent to be better.

8-8 is a failure in Year 3 of the PC/JS regime, IMO. We need something better than mediocrity.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Definitely a failure. If that takes us to he playoff, great. But, the road record is just not ok.

We are just spinning our wheels in place under Pete.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah I don't see 8-8 as any different than 7-9 especially playing in so many close games.

amill87

Reaction score
Not in any way would it be acceptable.

This is a talented team.

We are top 5 in multiple statistics on defense.

Our RB has over 1000 yards already

Our rookie QB may be pressuring the rookie QB passing TD record

The reason we have 5 losses? Because this team has mental break downs over and over. Missed assignments, dropped balls, bad play calling at crucial times, missed tackles, penalties, you name the mental lapse and we have done it in our losses. There is no good reason why we have this many losses, we should be much better than this.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":m68oobk2 said:
Is it acceptable to be one win better off than 2010 and 2011? Would it be considered a failure this year? Or would you see it as progress, however minor?

I think it could be both a mark of minor progress AND at the same time unacceptable.

First off, 8-8 would signify a little progress in the W/L column, but the scores of the games would seem to carry greater significance to me. We're keeping most games close, and the only games that get more than a single score in point differential are ones that we win.

At the same time, though, 8-8 would be a massive disappointment after a 6-4 start. We've broken in a rookie QB who is now showing that he's got franchise talent both at home AND on the road, but our defense - which was supposed to be the strength of the team - is faltering on the road.

I guess when I look at this team, I see a lot of talent that's pretty evident, but it seems to be a little disorganized. It's like a puzzle that's 85% put together. You can see how it's going to end up looking, and you've put a lot of work into it, but there's still stuff to be done, and it's definitely not ready to be put in a frame and compared to other finished puzzles. I think that disorganization can be put in part on the youth of the squad and the fact that they haven't had significant time to build strong chemistry on both sides of the ball. But I think part of it is squarely on the coaching staff. They've got to do a better job.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
volsunghawk":se2j0sg7 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":se2j0sg7 said:

I think it could be both a mark of minor progress AND at the same time unacceptable.

First off, 8-8 would signify a little progress in the W/L column, but the scores of the games would seem to carry greater significance to me. We're keeping most games close, and the only games that get more than a single score in point differential are ones that we win.

At the same time, though, 8-8 would be a massive disappointment after a 6-4 start. We've broken in a rookie QB who is now showing that he's got franchise talent both at home AND on the road, but our defense - which was supposed to be the strength of the team - is faltering on the road.

I guess when I look at this team, I see a lot of talent that's pretty evident, but it seems to be a little disorganized. It's like a puzzle that's 85% put together. You can see how it's going to end up looking, and you've put a lot of work into it, but there's still stuff to be done, and it's definitely not ready to be put in a frame and compared to other finished puzzles. I think that disorganization can be put in part on the youth of the squad and the fact that they haven't had significant time to build strong chemistry on both sides of the ball. But I think part of it is squarely on the coaching staff. They've got to do a better job.

Agreed - 8-8 after a 6-4 start would be bad.

sam1313

Reaction score
It is totally crap. If we go 8-8 I want to see someone's head roll. I know I'm just being a pissy fan, but this is ridiculous. We sucked on multiple levels today - in particular our OL and DL sucked butt. I'm really mad, and I will be really mad for a year if we go 8-8.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
You mean you are now admitting that this defense isn't all that? When I said it after the lions game you and the think tank told me that it was a great game by the lions elite offense and that our defense was still dominant.

Which is it?

v1rotv2

Reaction score
If you can in any way say 8-8 is acceptable after two 7-9 seasons then mediocrity is your comfy zone. At this point in his tenure it's the wins that matter. We have gone past that "showing progress" mantra. If your still hanging on to that after 2 1/2 seasons then settling on 8-8 OK, I guess.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
For the record, to get to 8-8 we'd have to go 2-3 against the following opponents: Chicago (A), Arizona (H), Buffalo (A), San Fran (H), St. Louis (H).

I think we'll beat the Cardinals and Rams... and lose the rest.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3c3ugpj2 said:
You mean you are now admitting that this defense isn't all that? When I said it after the lions game you and the think tank told me that it was a great game by the lions elite offense and that our defense was still dominant.

Who is this even addressed to? I don't remember passing any comment on that Lions game.

And I'm sure the 'think tank' will remember this next time the oracle speaks.

pehawk

Reaction score
It would be acceptable in August, but not now.

hawk45

Reaction score
Let's say we even get to 9-7 somehow. The fact that after a decent start we tanked winnable games against Detroit and the Phins still makes it a disappointment. Leaving wins on the table like that in such putrid fashion is disappointing.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Shit. ill be disappointed if we don't go 10-6.

Guess I should get ready.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
After my initial "DAMN we suck", kick the dog, pull my hair out emotional response I take a few deep breaths and revert back to the "this was layed out as a 4 year total rebuild plan" thought process. We are 75% done and we all get our hopes up so high for playoff chances and some nice performances. I think we still have some great (and pathetic) football yet to play this year as we roller coaster our way thru the ups and downs of a young team still learning and missing a couple pieces.

To answer your question: To me it is more about developing better chemistry, the Oline gelling better, and figuring some way to fix our recently exposed defensive flaws. I would hope to see us closer to the 10 win mark as a win/loss mark of progress but I am more interested in how we get there rather than the end result at this point in time.

One think I would like to see changed is pulling some of the stops out offensively and "playing to win" the game rather than the "playing not to lose" feel our games (especially on the road) seem to have to them. Sometimes you just need to gamble and I think we need to start thinking more along those lines now.

Latest posts