Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: The Definition of Insanity
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:43 pm 
NET Veteran

... is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. See:

- Running the ball up the gut repeatedly at 2 of the Dolphins best defenders.

- Continously going into soft zones at the end of games on the road. The most disheartening part is the fact that we've now blown leads late in the game against 'Zona, Detroit, and Miami.

- Game planning not to lose rather than to win, on the road. We see it with Bevell's offensive game plans and especially the way he handled the last drive on offense in regulation. When Russell is allowed to run the show out there he does a pretty damn good job. Bevell overthinks it and everything goes to hell. We see it with Bradley at the end of games on the road, specifically when the Hawks are leading. We go into retreat mode which leads to missed assignments, blown coverages, etc.

- Continually using Leroy Hill in pass coverage

- Expecting Walter Thurmond III to ever play haha

And last but not least...

- Expecting the Seahawks to take the innitiative on the road and win a game in "hostile" territory. I'll believe it when I see it from now on.

There were positives to build on from this game, namely RUSSELL WILSON. Other than that? This game just cuts ya deep and makes you think a lot. I need to get out of the house and do something, I can't watch this 49ers game right now. Keep your heads up 12's. Onward and upwards, it's the only way!

Post subject: Re: The Definition of Insanity
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:47 pm 
NET Starter

Websters dictionary: Insanity is being a Seahawks fan.

End of story

*NorthHawk's view of SB XLVIII

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:49 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

Careful....don't be critical of the Seahawks in here.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:06 pm 
NET Veteran

NYCoug wrote:
... is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. See:

- Continously going into soft zones at the end of games on the road. The most disheartening part is the fact that we've now blown leads late in the game against 'Zona, Detroit, and Miami.

- Game planning not to lose rather than to win, on the road. We see it with Bevell's offensive game plans and especially the way he handled the last drive on offense in regulation. When Russell is allowed to run the show out there he does a pretty damn good job. Bevell overthinks it and everything goes to hell. We see it with Bradley at the end of games on the road, specifically when the Hawks are leading. We go into retreat mode which leads to missed assignments, blown coverages, etc.

- Expecting the Seahawks to take the innitiative on the road and win a game in "hostile" territory. I'll believe it when I see it from now on.

There were positives to build on from this game, namely RUSSELL WILSON. Other than that? This game just cuts ya deep and makes you think a lot. I need to get out of the house and do something, I can't watch this 49ers game right now. Keep your heads up 12's. Onward and upwards, it's the only way!

Agree with everything you said. All points I'm losing hair over.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:22 pm 
NET Veteran

-The Glove- wrote:
NYCoug wrote:

Agree with everything you said. All points I'm losing hair over.

AGREED on all points.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:24 pm 
* El Primo *
* El Primo *

We need our Offense to score more than 14 points!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:27 pm 
NET Veteran

Also.

We need a new fieldgoal kicker. If we are going to play these types of games (low scoring defensive battles) we have to have an outstanding kicker, not just an average one. Imagine the Hawks with Zuerlein?

The Hawks need a real threat back there who can routinely bang them home from 50+ if we're going to play ball control offense. Hauschka is solid, but the Hawks need excellence.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]