Suppose Bevell gets replaced...

EasyE

Reaction score
...any concern it would hamper Russel's development? Seems like changing systems with young players can rock the boat in a negative way sometimes... (see: Bradford, Sam).

NYCoug

Reaction score
Normally, I'd say yes. However, Russell has proven in the past that he absolutely devours playbooks so I wouldn't be too worried. Especially if they made a shift to a guy who has the same basic philosophies as the Hawks do now. I'd love to see Hue Jackson replace Bevell at season's end if they do make a switch.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Didn't he learn the Wisconsin offense in a couple weeks? RW is the least of my worries

NYCoug

Reaction score
justafan":3w4ffga5 said:
Say no to ex raider coaches

Not a fan of Cable huh? 8)

When Cable/Jackson worked together in Oakland (Cable as HC, Hue as OC) the Raiders ran a similar style offense to what the 'Hawks run right now. Only thing is they consistently found a way to batter teams with the run (remember that Raiders game that season? How many Hawks did they injure in that blowout?) and opened up the play action consistently for Jason Campbell. Russell Wilson is much better than Jason Campbell. I think it would be a perfect marriage but it's just my opinion. Just answering the OP's original question.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Well just bring in some other clown in the long line of clowns we've had in that job.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
You guys really do think that it's somebody besides Pete Carroll actually calling the plays, don't you?

You guys are in for a disappointment if Cable comes in. Our offense will look exactly the same.

Galen96

Reaction score
disagree.. There is CLEARLY a difference between the Bates offense and the Bevell offense. Bates stretched the field and passed more. Bevell leans on the run much more.

I'd be more concerned with the receivers learning the playbook to be where RW needs them to be.