Darrell Bevell sucks again

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
Remember the beginning of the year when the Hawks offense was terrible? When it was nothing but RUN RUN PASS from Bevell. Well I guess the past month or so was a fluke. Because it was back to that crap today. Conservative and scared as hell. Miami totally shuts down your run game, and what do you do? Keep running on 1st and 2nd down. Why not just take 2 knees instead and save the players the beating? I know you want to enforce your will on the other team and play your game. But it was clearly not working. Yet Bevell kept running up the gut into Miami's 2 bad ass DT's. The o line was getting its ass handed to it. And Bevell refuses to do anything to counter it. At least run to the outside. Good grief! The handful of positive offensive play calling games we got at home were clearly a fluke.

FIRE DARRELL BEVELL. :evil:

Bevell darrell400

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawkadeus":1d8858zc said:
Remember the beginning of the year when the Hawks offense was terrible? When it was nothing but RUN RUN PASS from Bevell. Well I guess the past month or so was a fluke. Because it was back to that crap today. Conservative and scared as hell. Miami totally shuts down your run game, and what do you do? Keep running on 1st and 2nd down. Why not just take 2 knees instead and save the players the beating? I know you want to enforce your will on the other team and play your game. But it was clearly not working. Yet Bevell kept running up the gut into Miami's 2 bad ass DT's. The o line was getting its ass handed to it. And Bevell refuses to do anything to counter it. At least run to the outside. Good grief! The handful of positive offensive play calling games we got at home were clearly a fluke.

I was hoping and praying for an outside run all game. Funny how his biggest run came off of one

mistaowen

Reaction score
I've wanted him gone since I heard we signed him, but I doubt he gets the axe while we still are in the playoff hunt. Unless our offense goes on a tear to end the season, I would be very shocked if he had a job by next season. And if he isn't fired, I'm hoping RW will start treating our offense like Peyton Manning and changing plays as he sees fit. That way Bevell's girly playcalling wont affect the game.

OP
OP
H

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
The playcalling on the final possession when the offense was 10 or so yards away from a game winning fg should get Bevell fired on its own. You were so close, and you go freaking backwards to midfield!!! All because you are too stupid to realize that Miami's run defense was absolutely owning you all day long. This offense will never go anywhere with this guy. I dont care who the players are.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
He's looking more and more like a QB coach who just rode Brett Favre's coat tails out of Minnesota.

justafan

Reaction score
Hawkadeus":36h4rrzf said:

Bevell darrell400

I love these complaints about the run run pass thing.They did it 4 times total.If any coach should be called out its Cable.I know he is untouchable around here but this Oline got ragdolled.He is supposed to be a stud coach but I am not seeing it.This team is what it is.7-9 to a 9-7 team whoever coaches the offense.
They can play some good football but they also are a team that loses to teams we feel are inferior.Maybe alot of these players aren't as good as we want to believe.