Is Pete Carroll just an average coach?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Or maybe this is just an average team with average players. Kinda goes both ways if you ask me.

TJH

Reaction score
We have an average coach with an amazing front office.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Dont ask this question. my thread was locked and all I did was suggest Pete was mediocre and I would like to see Gruden next year. some posters cannot handle the truth, OP.

OP
OP
C

cesame

Reaction score
No reason to lock this thread.

When you look at Carroll's NFL record you see a very average coach. This can't be argued.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Seems to be. He needs to hold the team accountable for this.

amill87

Reaction score
I said it in another thread but all of our losses are due to mental lapses. In every single loss you can look at something we did that has no excuse for happening.

That is all coaching. So draw your own conclusions....

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":gw291cg5 said:
Or maybe this is just an average team with average players. Kinda goes both ways if you ask me.

But PC and JS brought those average players here so he can't escape that either.

OP
OP
C

cesame

Reaction score
I agree

This team seems to lack discipline in a lot of areas. That's on Pete.

justafan

Reaction score
You cant call pete a great coach when he has lost to teams he should have beat this year.Rams,cards and the phins should have been all wins.I dont care where you play them at.People want to fire the coordinators but who is making these decisions to hire them.2 offensive coordinators.is that 3 oline coaches? in 3 years.
I have always felt a coach deserves 4 or 5 years but i do believe he is an average NFL coach.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I see us as the 49ers of a few years ago . A team with a lot of talent that if they get a good coach will kick ass.

Hopefully Pete can succeed here but I am having my doubts.

pehawk

Reaction score
In advance let me say; Harbaugh's a good coach. But, all he did was turn what should've been an 11-5 team for 3 straight years into a 13-3 team. If Pete or Shurmer get replaced, all that new HC has to do is turn the key.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
pehawk":1qiiezo8 said:
In advance let me say; Harbaugh's a good coach. But, all he did was turn what should've been an 11-5 team for 3 straight years into a 13-3 team. If Pete or Shurmer get replaced, all that new HC has to do is turn the key.

That's what I mean. I see the parallels.

pehawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":32pjpbbr said:
pehawk":32pjpbbr said:

That's what I mean. I see the parallels.

I KNEW WHAT YOU MEAN!! I just didn't feel, well, that given the fact we slept together once I needed to use the quote feature anymore. It's not intimate.

mikeak

Reaction score
An average coach doesn't punt in opponents 38 yard line at 4th and 1.

A scared coach does. My NC State just fired O'Brien. I think he very much coached not to loose. PC does the same. How do you not go for it or try for 3 pts. I just don't get it

endzorn

Reaction score
I don't think youth can be used as an excuse because we have so much experience with our young guys. I think there is a fundamental problem with Pete's approach. When you play to keep games close then you will lose some games you have no business losing. I think we coach up the players, but we often approach the game itself the wrong way.