i'm so tired of this crap

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
i'm so tired of this crap
Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:19 pm
  • To All seahawks fans:

Im sick and tired of watching this crap go down on the road every sunday. We all wonder why the media beats this team up every sunday on the road.

This is BS.....

Sean payton please
    Last edited by Hughes21 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hughes21
    NET Practice Squad

Re: i'm so tired of this crap
Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:21 pm
  • I agree. But all the happy joy joy's will find a way to excuse it, just wait...
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:23 pm
  • That was a Miami/Detroit team with it's back against the wall with an elite team fighting for playoff position. It wasn't the Hawks, it was the other team playing out of their mind. :sarcasm_off:

It's not that teams play out of their mind, it's that we let them play that way.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:24 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:I agree. But all the happy joy joy's will find a way to excuse it, just wait...

They already are. Haven't you heard? This loss was all the officials fault, and Hill and Trufant!
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:27 pm
  • Trufant has to go.... Or at least put him on the inactives like they do with thurmond. All day long devon bess was taking a marcus and wipe a trufant.
    Hughes21
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:29 pm
  • Firing the coach isn't a panacea for all flaws on a team. If that were the case, then Holmgren leaving would've helped.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:31 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:I agree. But all the happy joy joy's will find a way to excuse it, just wait...

That's right. Turn your rage against other Hawks fans. That will make everything better. :roll:

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:33 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:I agree. But all the happy joy joy's will find a way to excuse it, just wait...

That's right. Turn your rage against other Hawks fans. That will make everything better. :roll:

Interesting....didn't see "rage". I just know that we will see excuses across the board for this.

I do like how you just find a way to single me out in a thread I didn't start. Thanks! You are getting good at that. Why don't you attack the guy that started the thread?

So tell me, what good comes from a loss like this? Half the problem we have is our fan base just embraces mediocrity.

Don't attack the poster. Remember?
    Last edited by FlyingGreg on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:35 pm
  • So fning pissed off right now.... Leon gets it 21 to 14 and the defense just lets t hill run the talble. No excuses for this loss.
    Hughes21
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:39 pm
  • We are just trying to vent.....
    Hughes21
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:40 pm
  • There's a reason I no longer watch road games live. I DVR them now. Saves me SO much from needless high BP and fits of rage.

Just ain't worth it anymore.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:41 pm
  • Aros wrote:There's a reason I no longer watch road games live. I DVR them now. Saves me SO much from needless high BP and fits of rage.

Just ain't worth it anymore.

After today, I'm with you. I'm beyond tired of this shit.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:41 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:I agree. But all the happy joy joy's will find a way to excuse it, just wait...

Interesting....didn't see "rage". I just know that we will see excuses across the board for this.

I do like how you just find a way to single me out in a thread I didn't start. Thanks! You are getting good at that. Why don't you attack the guy that started the thread?

So tell me, what good comes from a loss like this? Half the problem we have is our fan base just embraces mediocrity.

Yeah, I singled you out. You deserved it. This is the second loss where I've seen you cast aspersions on people who DARE to have a positive outlook on the team.

I didn't respond to the thread starter because he made a valid post... being upset over repeated bad road performances. That was directed at the team, not other Hawks fans (the "happy happy joy joys" you mentioned).

What good comes from a loss like this? Not much, honestly. Wilson played well, but there was some awful play from the D, and some awful coaching calls, imo. The only bright spot other than that I can think of is that losses to AFC teams don't factor into tiebreakers, so if there was a game we could afford to lose out of our remaining games, it was this one. That's not to say losing is okay, or that our road performances are no big deal.

Now, me being an optimist - or one of the happy happy joy joys - I'm not going to start up all the "fire everybody!!" threads, because I think that's just reactionary and firing people in the middle of the season doesn't make for dramatic improvements. Never has. That's the territory of truly bad teams - and even with the road woes, Seattle isn't a truly bad team. But that doesn't mean I embrace mediocrity, either.

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:43 pm
  • From this point in the season forward.......Sunshine and dry weather during a Hawks game means I'm out riding.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:47 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:Yeah, I singled you out. You deserved it. This is the second loss where I've seen you cast aspersions on people who DARE to have a positive outlook on the team.

I didn't respond to the thread starter because he made a valid post... being upset over repeated bad road performances. That was directed at the team, not other Hawks fans (the "happy happy joy joys" you mentioned).

What good comes from a loss like this? Not much, honestly. Wilson played well, but there was some awful play from the D, and some awful coaching calls, imo. The only bright spot other than that I can think of is that losses to AFC teams don't factor into tiebreakers, so if there was a game we could afford to lose out of our remaining games, it was this one. That's not to say losing is okay, or that our road performances are no big deal.

Now, me being an optimist - or one of the happy happy joy joys - I'm not going to start up all the "fire everybody!!" threads, because I think that's just reactionary and firing people in the middle of the season doesn't make for dramatic improvements. Never has. That's the territory of truly bad teams - and even with the road woes, Seattle isn't a truly bad team. But that doesn't mean I embrace mediocrity, either.

And you deserved the rebuttal. Look back - I didn't cast aspersions on anyone, I made a generic statement.

The fire everybody threads are silly. Notice I'm no part of them.

Mediocrity = finishing 9-7,8-8 or 7-9 most every season, which has defined this franchise.

I think you are upset with losing just as much as I do, but you tune into threads like this to try and make yourself feel better by being the Optimism Police. It's ok to be pissed off, especially when its beyond merited.

If I start a "Seahawks suck", "fire Carroll/Bevell" or another thread like that - game on.

But I've got as much a right to claim oblivion (the happy happy joy joys) as you do the right to single me out for it. That's attacking the poster, not the post.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:52 pm
  • I feel like I am wasting my time with this team, and this loss. This one is making me realize I need to quit devoting so much time and energy into this. Every week I am on this board way too much, and unless it is a home game I am very disappointed and feel like shit.

really, I am sad today for my feeling.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:54 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:Yeah, I singled you out. You deserved it. This is the second loss where I've seen you cast aspersions on people who DARE to have a positive outlook on the team.

And you deserved the rebuttal. Look back - I didn't cast aspersions on anyone, I made a generic statement.

The fire everybody threads are silly. Notice I'm no part of them.

Mediocrity = finishing 9-7,8-8 or 7-9 most every season, which has defined this franchise.

I think you are upset with losing just as much as I do, but you tune into threads like this to try and make yourself feel better by being the Optimism Police. It's ok to be pissed off, especially when its beyond merited.

If I start a "Seahawks suck", "fire Carroll/Bevell" or another thread like that - game on.

But I've got as much a right to claim oblivion (the happy happy joy joys) as you do the right to single me out for it. That's attacking the poster, not the post.

When you post dismissive stuff like, "Oh, here comes the HHJJs to make excuses," that sounds an awful lot like attacking an entire class of posters. It's be the same if I started posting "Here come the chicken littles to tell us how this is the worst team in the league". That's directing my anger at the loss toward other .NET members instead of the performance on the field. And notice that I didn't do that. Nor do I plan to start.

And I don't think I attacked the poster when I responded to you. I didn't say, "Greg, you ignorant slut." I did suggest that attacking other .NET members wasn't particularly useful right now. If you'd been criticizing our defense, fine. I'm right there with you. But you weren't doing that. You were directing your post at the HHJJs (and another in the other thread directed at "stat geeks"). Tell me how that's not attacking posters, yet what I did was?

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:58 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:.If you'd been criticizing our defense, fine. I'm right there with you.

Hey, we agree. Our defense is not that good.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:02 pm
  • No excuses necessary. The defensive guys need to Stop listening to their fat little girl friends and start showing up on the road.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:03 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:I feel like I am wasting my time with this team, and this loss. This one is making me realize I need to quit devoting so much time and energy into this. Every week I am on this board way too much, and unless it is a home game I am very disappointed and feel like shit.

We've lost some close one's and I wasn't really bothered by them. This one though, I can't lie, hurts a lot.
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:19 pm
  • Close one's don't get us victories. The seahawks have a good defense and a decent offense. A contender puts those close games away. This team needs to unroll their identity on the road and punch people in the mouth like we do at home.

Thoughts?????
    Hughes21
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:20 pm
  • Yeah. It's not a good defense if you can't stop Miami I don't care where you play.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:24 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:Yeah. It's not a good defense if you can't stop Miami I don't care where you play.

Couldn't agree more.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:26 pm
  • Look at the falcons they have a terrible defense and they seem to find a way to win on the road.....
    Hughes21
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:27 pm
  • I wonder if other fans think their team doesn't "show up" at the clink; a rabid place or not.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:30 pm
  • Yeah the defense sucked but so did the offense in the most critical part of the game.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:30 pm
  • Other fans think the hawks are garbage. I hear it from all fans and they seem to think they are just playing down to the hawks level.
    Hughes21
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:55 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:I feel like I am wasting my time with this team, and this loss. This one is making me realize I need to quit devoting so much time and energy into this. Every week I am on this board way too much, and unless it is a home game I am very disappointed and feel like shit.

I am with you there Rob. Like I need this shit with my health issues. The Hawks are slowly killing me.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:59 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:I feel like I am wasting my time with this team, and this loss. This one is making me realize I need to quit devoting so much time and energy into this. Every week I am on this board way too much, and unless it is a home game I am very disappointed and feel like shit.

I am with you there Rob. Like I need this shit with my health issues. The Hawks are slowly killing me.

So will you both sport shirts reading "I'm out"?
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:02 pm
  • v1rotv2 wrote:Yeah the defense sucked but so did the offense in the most critical part of the game.

I'm with you here. The Dolphins never should have had the ball back!

Our Offense scored 14 freakin' points! Sheesh!
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:21 pm
  • Facts are facts. I get bashed for being "negative" when I point out the facts that aren't putting someone in a nice light. We'll here's a fact:

West coast teams only win about 22% of the time when travelling to the east coast for a 10AM game. Circadian cycles are real and in the NFL, where athletes are like fine tuned machines, the effect is blatantly obvious.

We play that game at 1pm, we probably don't lose.

People can say well, good teams overcome those obstacles. NO, THEY DON'T. We're not unique. Our team is flesh and blood, not made up of ubermen. We go to the east coast to play at 10AM and it's as if the NFL decided to gift Miami a win and curse us with a loss.

So don't get po'd at the Hawks, get PO'd at the NFL for ignoring the overwhelming data and not scheduling west coast teams to play on the east coast at 10 AM.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:24 pm
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:Facts are facts. I get bashed for being "negative" when I point out the facts that aren't putting someone in a nice light. We'll here's a fact:

West coast teams only win about 22% of the time when travelling to the east coast for a 10AM game. Circadian cycles are real and in the NFL, where athletes are like fine tuned machines, the effect is blatantly obvious.

We play that game at 1pm, we probably don't lose.

People can say well, good teams overcome those obstacles. NO, THEY DON'T. We're not unique. Our team is flesh and blood, not made up of ubermen. We go to the east coast to play at 10AM and it's as if the NFL decided to gift Miami a win and curse us with a loss.

So don't get po'd at the Hawks, get PO'd at the NFL for ignoring the overwhelming data and not scheduling west coast teams to play on the east coast at 10 AM.

I also say this but the Niners, Raiders, Broncos won many bowls and they overcame it.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:33 pm
  • seabowl wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:I feel like I am wasting my time with this team, and this loss. This one is making me realize I need to quit devoting so much time and energy into this. Every week I am on this board way too much, and unless it is a home game I am very disappointed and feel like shit.

So will you both sport shirts reading "I'm out"?

I can say that this captures my feeling at this point as well. By no means am I out. I'm IN for the whole season... and beyond. But right now, I feel lousy. Personally, a little venting here will help me get over it and enjoy the last hour of sunshine on this otherwise beautiful day.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information