Roughing the passer

Ruminator

Reaction score
I don't know about that roughing the passer penalty on Thomas. I've seen more violent hits after the release that were not called, but this unavoidable and unintentional hit did. If every hit of that velocity or worse on the QB were automatically deemed to warrant a roughing the passer flag, a lot of QBs could easily induce more roughing the passer calls by strategically passing the ball at the very last second immediately before impact. What the hell is a safety to do, learn how to slow time ala Matrix and side-step the QB? Unfortunately for Seattle, that is the one call that changed the entire game in Miami's favor.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
dont hit them on the helmet and make sure you don't him them very late.

I've seen some that already gone in motion but they hit them right after they threw it, and that's fine.

Earl hit his helmet which is illegal.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
They don't understand the laws of physics, they think a guy can stop flying through the air.

OP
OP
Ruminator

Ruminator

Reaction score
Missed the fact there was helmet contact. Well, Seattle defense has not had a worse game this year, that's for sure. If Buffalo made Dolphins look as bad as they did last week, how does this bode for Seattle when we play Buffalo? :(

Carmon1274

Reaction score
Kixkahn":3ltj5e4v said:
They don't understand the laws of physics, they think a guy can stop flying through the air.

You never did jumping jacks?