Reasons we lost...

Milhawkee

Reaction score
No ability to run for some reason.

Too conservative against a team we are better than. We continually play DOWN to the competition instead of playing with any sort of urgency. This is Coach Carroll's fault.

Horrible call against Earl Thomas for going to the head of Tannehill. This was a horrible call.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Dolphins are really good against the run. It didn't help that Bevell kept calling plays into their 2 strongest defenders.

Dabhawk

Reaction score
running up the middl on a delayed handoff and a crappy marshawn run to lose any hopes of a winning field goal. very poor play calling

DHawk

Reaction score
Sorry, but that call on Thomas was right. Rules are rules. As ticky tacky as the contact may have been, it was still contact with the head. End of story.

Our O-line was manhandled today. Lynch was lucky to even get 40 yards with the way those guys were playing. Although, flip that and the holding calls that weren't called really piss me off.

The broadcast crew was saying our Defense was gassed. I didn't see it. All I saw were blown coverages by Hill, Trufant, and even saw Thomas biting hard on play action. Dudes didn't seem to have their heads in the game.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Playing to not lose instead of to win. It was one of the things that always infuriated me about Knox (who was a much better coach than anybody who is on the field for the Seahawks now.)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Bitter":q2dh3sbg said:
Playing to not lose instead of to win. It was one of the things that always infuriated me about Knox (who was a much better coach than anybody who is on the field for the Seahawks now.)
Yup, that's how I've seen it all season. When the Dolphins scored, we finally opened up a little. Then, we get a lead and back it goes to the pathetic, predictable conservative playcalling.

mikeak

Reaction score
Punt on 4th and 1 at the opponents 36 yard line or did I miss something? Miami drove that for 7 pts. To risk adverse

BChawkfan

Reaction score
When the sprinklers came on and the defense just stood there like...duh...is the game over now coach?

m0ng0

Reaction score
h2oboy":1nl77nkg said:
When the sprinklers came on and the defense just stood there like...duh...is the game over now coach?
I agree the sprinklers did it.

ensett

Reaction score
h2oboy":2dw37i2r said:

Its just water, I dont think they were too worried about getting out of it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
6 penalties in the 1st quarter alone. Every time we got something going early, we shot ourselves in the foot.

Our defense is regressing against the run. With good run teams like Buffalo and SF looming, it's not looking good for us.

WRs were pretty good, but Baldwin dropped a deep one he should've had.

Our OL isn't very good. They're above average in a very OL friendly system. I still think we draft some more talent there, then LB, then possibly WR, although I'm starting to feel good about our corps.

Twisted

Reaction score
DHawk":2drv2hlj said:
Sorry, but that call on Thomas was right. Rules are rules. As ticky tacky as the contact may have been, it was still contact with the head. End of story.

"incidental" is a factor here and always plays a role, not to mention it was "unintentional" you just have to be smart enough to consider those factors, it was a bad call and many professionals thought so as well as many fans

good grief

AzHawker

Reaction score
mikeak":1kagd856 said:
Punt on 4th and 1 at the opponents 36 yard line or did I miss something? Miami drove that for 7 pts. To risk adverse

Exactly,no confidence in his offense to get inches on that 4th down?? How bout not even attempting the 52 yard field goal an punting? I know field possession is big but have a little faith and or balls Pete!

drdiags

Reaction score
Better team won. Stuffed it down the Seahawks throat and stuffed the run.

First 4 possessions were 3-n-out. Couldn't stop a rookie twice in the 4th quarter. It happens and kudos to the Phins