Play calling- not to lose

lukerguy

Reaction score
Every time we play not to lose, instead of playing to win...we lose.

It was apparent the first half (keeping with the run run, pass crap). Not kicking a 50 yard FG...Not going for it on 4th and half a yard...

Then we got behind, and actually started to open it up again..

Most importantly- 34 yard line...1st and 10...3 HORRIFIC, HORRIFIC, HORRIFIC play calls. Run a read option- play action like the one we hit Baldwin on earlier...Run a Role out safe play where we get 2-6 yards...FML

Pstark3

Reaction score
Want to see how to play to win? look at the dolphins last drive. they started at the 10 yard line and it didnt even take ONE F**KING MINUTE to get in field goal range.we get to midfield and we crap our pants cause were too scared to take any kind of chances. Pathetic effort all around

Milhawkee

Reaction score
Completely agree. Way too conservative against a team we are better than. There is ZERO urgency. It's as if PC wants to get to the final drive at 0-0 and then start trying to win it.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Why a coach would ever pull his foot off the gas is simply beyond me. You get sixty minutes a week to play the game, so why would you, during any of those minutes, ease up?

This is why I love watching the Patriots. They go out there and get to work regardless of who or where they're playing. Carroll and Co need to forget about the situation and play their game every minute, every week.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
I think three straight runs to Lynch get us 6 yards and a legit FG try, I don't know what those plays were at the end but I hated them.

I also didn't like not going for the FG or the 4th and 1 you have to show some faith in your offense too, the coaches taxed the defense so much that at the end they were ripe for the picking.

HudsonHawk

Reaction score
Wilson, the team, and the fans deserve more from the coaches. F$&k! stop calling plays not to lose! Wilson has earned the right to play to win the game!

ensett

Reaction score
We need to start coaching like the Patriots and just go for the kill until the clock hits 0. Might send a message to the team, too.

Twisted

Reaction score
lukerguy":1evzk4pa said:
Every time we play not to lose, instead of playing to win...we lose.

It was apparent the first half (keeping with the run run, pass crap). Not kicking a 50 yard FG...Not going for it on 4th and half a yard...

Then we got behind, and actually started to open it up again..

Most importantly- 34 yard line...1st and 10...3 HORRIFIC, HORRIFIC, HORRIFIC play calls. Run a read option- play action like the one we hit Baldwin on earlier...Run a Role out safe play where we get 2-6 yards...FML

yea play calling was horrid at best, all game I thought

when you're in FG range under 2 minutes you NEVER send in a play that can take you OUT of field goal range, high school football 101

every play should have had the option to dump the ball off, clock or no clock, least that way they have to score 6 to beat you

something doesn't add up, Hawks struggle early on due to a limited offensive scheme, they finally open it up and improve significantly only to return to the same old song and dance?

really like to know what the objective was in NOT throwing some deep balls when the run was STUFFED?

this loss definitely puts the Hawks in a precarious position, only upside is the Vikes lose as well..

GO SAINTS!!!

mistaowen

Reaction score
ensett":305do8z6 said:
We need to start coaching like the Patriots and just go for the kill until the clock hits 0. Might send a message to the team, too.

Been saying that for awhile now. The Pats never take their foot off the gas because anything can happen. Why we purposly choose to just tread along makes NO sense to me. We accept not scoring points for field position all the time as well as burn clock rather than marching down to score. The coaching decisions on this team are very suspect.