Feed Me Crow Boys!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I still can't shake this shitty feeling that the Seahawks - the clearly better football team - is going to choke in Miami.

Granted, it could be the fears manifesting from all the away games of the past where we lost to inferior teams. And that's A LOT.

(Or it could be the pizza I had for dinner).

Whatever the reason, I want to be SO wrong. I want to wake up in the morning, turn on the TV with my Lynch jersey on, 12th Man flag waving proudly from the driveway, and spend 3 hours watching the Dolphins get absolutely man-handled by a much better football team. I want to see our #2 ranked defense LOOK like a #2 defense. I want punishment. I want what Ken Norton calls "Slobberknocking".

I want Darryl Williams giving last rites to Rickey Dudley material...

[youtube]pUtnL-O4iNw[/youtube]

I just want to smile Sunday afternoon, knowing the Seahawks are 7-4 and still in the division race and definitely in control of the wildcard.

Is that too much to ask?

I think I know the answer.

Pstark3

Reaction score
I usually have the feeling that we should win but probably won't.

This time i dont really feel that, I actually feel like were gonna dominate this one for some reason

CANHawk

Reaction score
Aros":2dfxudhe said:
I still can't shake this shitty feeling that the Seahawks - the clearly better football team - is going to choke in Miami.

Granted, it could be the fears manifesting from all the away games of the past where we lost to inferior teams. And that's A LOT.

Whatever the reason, I want to be SO wrong. I want to wake up in the morning, turn on the TV with my Lynch jersey on, 12th Man flag waving proudly from the driveway, and spend 3 hours watching the Dolphins get absolutely man-handled by a much better football team. I want to see our #2 ranked defense LOOK like a #2 defense. I want punishment. I want what Ken Norton calls "Slobberknocking".

I just want to smile Sunday afternoon, knowing the Seahawks are 7-4 and still in the division race and definitely in control of the wildcard.

Is that too much to ask?

I can't even imagine how big the fine would be for that hit if it happened today. Thing of fricken beauty though.

Sac

Reaction score
You know, that Williams hit was awesome. But I think the pain level of the Browner hit on Welker was higher. I still can't believe he held onto that ball.

[youtube]Kk7BL3V5KhA[/youtube]

lukerguy

Reaction score
I would honestly say I felt the same way if we didn't have three distinct things going for us. #1) The Miami trip isn't as exhausting with a week off prior. #2) Miami has never had good pass D, but as of late they haven't been all that fantastic against the run either Greene and Hilliard rushed for 90+, Ballard and carter rushed for 90+, spiller and Johnson both rushed for 100+. #3) Their rookie QB has seemingly finally hit a bit of a rookie wall, playing noticeably worse as of late then our guy.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
RolandDeschain":4bin99is said:
Didn't you make a post like this before the Jets game?

I sure hope so.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
This one's in the bag cuz I already tweeted most of the captains and field generals. They got their marching orders to take this road win. Color it done :mrgreen:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Todd is starting to get superstitious about wearing his lucky angst.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I hear you about being nervous heading in to these games Todd -- usually I am. But you want to know what feeling I honestly can't shake? It's the feeling that the Seahawks are going to hang 30-40 points on this Dolphins team ... and that Russell Wilson is going to have a HUGE day.

Now, early in the year Tannehill had his moments when he looked pretty good. For example, this was Tannehill's 1st NFL start against the Texans. That Texans team honestly was the best team that the Dolphins have faced all year. Here are some extended highlights ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWkqVecz0Ok&feature=related

Now, even though Tannehill obviously had his moments in that game -- notice where a lot of his receptions were to: check-downs coming out of the backfield and quick slants. Opposing teams have increasingly done a much better job as the season has gone along of shutting those down. And even though this highlight reel makes Tannehill look fairly good ... they don't highlight the fact that he also threw 3 interceptions in that game and that the Texans hung 30 points on them.

The Dolphins have honestly struggled against good defenses. The best defenses they have faced all year long were the Cardinals (currently ranked #7 overall -- they LOST to them 21-24 in OT) ... and the Bengals (currently ranked #13 -- they WON 17-13, but mainly because of miscues by the Bengals). The 2 teams that the Dolphins HAVE managed to hang 30 points on -- the Raiders and the Jets -- rank #22 and #26 respectively in terms of Total Defense. As I've mentioned many times before .... the Dolphins haven't yet faced a defense the caliber of this Seahawks team.

Frankly, this is a team that looks like it's starting to go in to freefall. They have lost 3 games in a row now, highlighted by this 37-3 absolute pasting by a Titans team (who is arguably one of the worst teams in football) in front of the Dolphins own home crowd ...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000093146/Titans-vs-Dolphins-highlights

They followed up that de-pantsing defeat by losing to an equally bad Bills team 19-14.

I just look at the fact that over the last 3 games this Dolphins defense has allowed ...

Andrew Luck to complete 62.5% of his passes for 433 yards and 2 TD ... AND for the Colts to gain 97 yards on the ground to boot.

Chris Johnson to run wild for 126 Yards and a TD ... AND for Locker to pass for 2 more TD's.

Ryan Fitzpatrick to complete 63% of his passes ... the Bills to gain 120 yards on the ground ... AND for Leodis McKelvin to return a punt for a TD.

Tannehill has thrown 5 interceptions to just 2 TD's over that time frame. In addition, the Dolphins have rushed for an average of just 66 yards/game in those 3 games. That Bills team came in to that game ranked 31st in the league in terms of yards/allowed ... and DEAD LAST in Points Allowed/Game (32 Points/Game). That defense limited the Dolphins to just 184 yards of total offense.

You (Todd) have the feeling that this Seahawks team is going to choke ... ME (Todd) on the other hand has the feeling that this Hawks team is going to CHOKE OUT the Phins today.

grizbob

Reaction score
Largent80":3bby89i5 said:
I'm already enjoying the victory...... :179417:

Was it the blue pill or the red one :mrgreen: :th2thumbs:

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
Aros":3e87fpyh said:

Is that too much to ask?

I have the same feeling - it's what being a Seahawks fan is all about. You get sucked in with a glimmer of hope - new QB, new coach, great running back...string together a few big wins...think we might have a chance to make the playoffs...and then, boom, drop a head scratcher to a crappy team...I just described about 2 decades worth of football

Atradees

Reaction score
The Fins are bad at home. So I feel this is in the bag.

Loved the highlights. Here is a reel I found on the Tube.

Watching this has reminded me why we are superior to the South Fish.

[youtube]NTBUTzdMmSY[/youtube]

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I didn't notice the Darryl thread when I posted him in the forgotten Seahawks thread. LONG LIVE DARRYL WILLIAMS!

Aros":2iotbfjc said:

Is that too much to ask?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":14qn3ugm said:
You know, that Williams hit was awesome. But I think the pain level of the Browner hit on Welker was higher. I still can't believe he held onto that ball.

[youtube]Kk7BL3V5KhA[/youtube]

The Williams hit is more awesome because Browner has 35 pounds and six inches on Welker where Dudley had six inches and 50 pounds on Williams.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just call me the reluctant soothsayer.

:229031_banghead: :smilie=angry016.gif: :cussing: