Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tebow suffered broken ribs vs. Seahawks
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:38 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3080
Location: Anchorage, AK
1) Great Seahawks keep injurin players affecting their NEXT game...

2) TEBOW made religion an issue. He put it front and center that makes it all fair game for jokes and support of him. You don't see ANY other player ridiculed for their religion. When you make a point of shoving it in people's faces then deal with it....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tebow suffered broken ribs vs. Seahawks
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:14 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:42 am
Posts: 87
JSeahawks wrote:
Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
Why cant everybody, believers and non believers alike, just accept that not everybody has the same beliefs? Somebody should be able to thank God, or talk about being a believer without non believers bitching about it. How does it hurt you when Tim Tebow thanks God? I dont see him slapping you in the face with a bible and telling you that you must believe.


And I've yet to see anyone slapped in the face with a physics book and told they can't.


Exactly. So what is the point in complaining about someone else's beliefs? Let people believe what they want. Its not that hard to ignore it.


This is such a double standard that nonbelievers face all the time.

What started this whole thing was someone making an innocent joke about Tebow praying his injury away, which I found funny, and then being told quite seriously to quiet down his "disdain for religion and those who believe." Is that letting people believe what they want? Is that ignoring it? I don't think so.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tebow suffered broken ribs vs. Seahawks
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:16 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:42 am
Posts: 87
SNDavidson wrote:
Quote:
It was clever and I appreciated it. I'm so sick of religious people parading their beliefs and then chastising those who voice their nonbelief. Deal with it.


So basically you're a hater? What a tough guy... :roll:


You don't know me at all. I'm the opposite of a hater. I don't believe in hate. Unlike many, I refuse to even use the word in my everyday language. There is too much of it in the world.

I merely appreciated a clever response. I respect your right to believe whatever you want. I'm just tired of people demanding respect for their beliefs and then showing no respect for others in return.

Am I tough? Yes. Because I stand up for what I believe is right. But I don't hate.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tebow suffered broken ribs vs. Seahawks
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:17 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:42 am
Posts: 87
Tech Worlds wrote:
What if he was thanking the devil after every play? Or saying that Charles Manson was his inspiration?

Somehow then his beliefs wouldn't be so easily accepted.


Thank you. Although I hope no one would ever claim Manson as an inspiration. What a horrible person and an awful thought. But I understand your point.

This is a nation that was founded on both freedom of, and freedom FROM, religion. Somehow, the last part is too often forgotten. I respect everyone's right to believe what they want. I merely stand up for those who do not believe, and are all too often attacked for it.

Those who do not believe have just as much right to express their nonbelief and be respected as those who constantly express their belief and demand respect for it. It goes both ways.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tebow suffered broken ribs vs. Seahawks
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:19 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:42 am
Posts: 87
[/quote]Why cant everybody, believers and non believers alike, just accept that not everybody has the same beliefs? Somebody should be able to thank God, or talk about being a believer without non believers bitching about it. How does it hurt you when Tim Tebow thanks God? I dont see him slapping you in the face with a bible and telling you that you must believe.[/quote]

I do accept that everyone has different beliefs. The problem is that nonbelievers don't get the same acceptance or respect. You prove my point in your own statement. You say we should all be able to accept each other's beliefs. But you thanking God is okay, and someone saying God doesn't exist is bitching. If you should be able to talk about your belief without someone "bitching" as you put it, then others should have the same right to talk about nonbelief without you complaining.

And I never said anything about Tebow. He can believe anything he wants, regardless of whether I agree with it. I get tired of hearing about it, but I never even mentioned Tebow. I merely stood up for someone else's right to voice their opinion.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tebow suffered broken ribs vs. Seahawks
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:22 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:42 am
Posts: 87
NFSeahawks628 wrote:
PlinytheCenter wrote:
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
I wonder if he's tried to pray the broken ribs away. If that works then maybe he could pray for the ability to read defenses and good passing mechanics.


Your clear disdain for religion and those who choose to follow it has been repeatedly noted. Got it.

Give it a rest.


Seriously.... +10

Those who bash religion are worse than those who follow it.

Stay Classy.


Yeah, real classy response on your part. Look, you can believe what you want. But you also have to give the same respect to those who don't believe and respect their right to voice their opinion equally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tebow suffered broken ribs vs. Seahawks
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:29 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8953
Location: With a white girl
PlinytheCenter wrote:
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
I wonder if he's tried to pray the broken ribs away. If that works then maybe he could pray for the ability to read defenses and good passing mechanics.


Your clear disdain for religion and those who choose to follow it has been repeatedly noted. Got it.

Give it a rest.


LMAO. Or you could just take that shit as a joke which is how it was meant. If not, the tampons are on aisle 9.

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tebow suffered broken ribs vs. Seahawks
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:33 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:42 am
Posts: 87
Look everyone, this whole discussion started because a couple people made funny comments that someone didn't like because they apparently showed a "disdain for religion." The last thing I want to do is get into a religion argument here, but I will speak up if I must. And in this case, I had no choice.

Now can we get back to talking about football please?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tebow suffered broken ribs vs. Seahawks
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:38 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8953
Location: With a white girl
thehands816 wrote:
Look everyone, this whole discussion started because a couple people made funny comments that someone didn't like because they apparently showed a "disdain for religion." The last thing I want to do is get into a religion argument here, but I will speak up if I must. And in this case, I had no choice.

Now can we get back to talking about football please?


Tim Tebow has bad passing mechanics, and broken ribs. Whatever can he do to fix that?

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tebow suffered broken ribs vs. Seahawks
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:49 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:42 am
Posts: 87
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
thehands816 wrote:
Look everyone, this whole discussion started because a couple people made funny comments that someone didn't like because they apparently showed a "disdain for religion." The last thing I want to do is get into a religion argument here, but I will speak up if I must. And in this case, I had no choice.

Now can we get back to talking about football please?


Tim Tebow has bad passing mechanics, and broken ribs. Whatever can he do to fix that?


Well, he can rely on doctors and pharmaceutical science to fix his ribs and LOTS of coaching to fix his mechanics. Although I think he's beyond help at this point in terms of QB play. He shouldn't be replacing Sanchez, someone else should. Then Tebow can stand next to their real QB on 3rd down instead of replacing him, and then take the handoff and run like hell with it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tebow suffered broken ribs vs. Seahawks
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:42 am 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8836
Location: Granite Falls, WA
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
thehands816 wrote:
Look everyone, this whole discussion started because a couple people made funny comments that someone didn't like because they apparently showed a "disdain for religion." The last thing I want to do is get into a religion argument here, but I will speak up if I must. And in this case, I had no choice.

Now can we get back to talking about football please?


Tim Tebow has bad passing mechanics, and broken ribs. Whatever can he do to fix that?


I think he should pray.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tebow suffered broken ribs vs. Seahawks
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:26 am 
* NET Lead Admin *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 8515
Ok I think that's quite enough.

_________________
Championships are forever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ad Hawk, AKSeahawker, andyh64000, Aros, BAJAHAWK, bigwrm, bill21792, Blitzer88, Brett, CalboHawk, calihawk, CamanoIslandJQ, cdn hawk fan, ChiefHawk, City Of Reign, coastalroofer, Crizilla, crucifyd, davidonmi, DesiHawk, dopeboy206, endzorn, EntiatHawk, Escamillo, Exploding, fridayfrenzy, GawksAtHawks, getnasty, gmo, godzillarad, Google [Bot], HAWK-N-ROLL, HawkFan72, hawkfannj, hawknation2014, HawkNuts, Hawkpower, HAWKS2theBONE, HawksSoc, HHHTGT, Hollywood_and_Vine, JaiSeaSea, Jay-Dog, jdruaint, JoeHawk80, jonesy7748, Jville, keatonisballin, KitsapHawk, KK84, kobebryant, Largefarva, Largent80, LargentFan, legend38, misfit, Missing_Clink, Mitch, Natethegreat, NCHAWK, Nero, NINEster, notyou, NYCoug, OahuHawkFan, oldhawkfan, Onyx, OreIdahawk, penihawk, pocketprotector, Polaris, randomation, ratso, Recon_Hawk, RedAlice, Riley12, seabowl, Seahawkfan80, SeahawkFrost, seahawksny, Seanhawk, seatt1eslew, sjhawkfan, slargent4ever, Smellyman, Snakeeyes007, SNDavidson, Snohomie, SoCalHawksFan, SoDakHawksFan, Spleenhawk2.0, TaFeargOrm, TDBinOLY, therealjohncarlson, tmartin1313, tom sawyer, tperkins, Trenchbroom, two dog, valleyflyfisher, VivaEfrenHerrera, volsunghawk, warden, Wilson2Harvin, WilsonLegend, wnywvuseahawk, Yxes1122, ZeusGalore and 371 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.