Pro Bowl for this year

amill87

Reaction score
Haven't seen this discussed much but they are some seriously good players in the NFC this year. Even though quite a few Hawks are playing at pro bowl level in a normal year, I think they get nudged out. Hell Lynch may not even make it, Doug Martin is hot on his heels stats wise.

Here's my list:
Lynch (might even be the 3rd back)
Unger
Sherman
Thomas (he isn't having a great stat year but I think the players and coaches know to avoid throwing near him)
Mebane (probably an alt)

Seems like a really low amount of players for how good some guys are playing.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Thomas didn't have a great stat year last year, if he makes it again this year he'll start getting in on rep. Chancellor is 5th in fan voting as well, so it would be great if the coaches propelled him up. With that said....

Thomas
Sherman
Browner (definitely an alternate)
Chancellor (possible alternate)
Mebane (alternate, if he picks up his play)
Clemons (alternate, if he picks up his play)
Wilson! (break that rookie TD pass record, and he can get alternate!)
Lynch
Robinson (possibly, first alternate after Bruce Miller at San Fran)
Okung (alternate)
Unger (alternate)
Rice? (very low chance of alternate, but he plays well for us)

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think at this point it'll be AP, Lynch, then Martin for the order. There's no way AP doesn't start unless he gets hurt, too huge of a season for the injury he suffered last year. Doug had 2 huge games back to back, but has been mostly quiet besides that. Just because of those two games though I bet he makes it.

Sherman will be voted in by players and coaches if he doesn't get fan votes. Same with Earl Thomas. Would not be shocked to see them both starting. A lot of pundits think Browner is in the top 10 CBs as well, so if he gets a few more picks maybe he makes it as well. Will be tough to beat out Tim Jennings who already has 8 ints though. Kam hasn't made enough noise this season but he is still playing solid for the most part.

I think Unger deserves it and MRob for special teams. Voting O lineman is a crapshoot though so who knows if he makes it.

Meb dominated early in the season but hasn't been able to deal with the double teams lately and seems to be less and less noticed. I don't think any of our D-line make it. Aldon Smith just got 5.5 sacks and now is in commanding lead with 15 so he is most likely booked with Jared Allen.

My wildcard: Golden Tate. He might not reach 1000 yards but he scores touchdowns lately. Him and RW seem to be on the same page for big plays and I could see him getting a handful of touchdowns to end the season, especially with how poor some of the defenses we are playing are. Him and Sidney should have an absolute field day against the Bills; obviously the Pats are in the top tier for offenses, but I think they put up 100 points in two games on them. Would be awesome to have a WR in the probowl for us plus the game winning touchdown against the Packers would be brought up constantly.

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
Football is the only sport I can think of where if a player is so good, you don't actually even notice what they are doing. I.E. a great LT or a shut down corner.

I think Mebane has the attention of the players and coaches and they are going out of their way to stop him. That's the sign of really good player.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We won't have that many.

Our secondary will have at least 1 guy make it.

On Offense, none of our guys are nationally well-known besides Lynch, so he has a shot.

We might have some more guys make it as alternates, like last year. But in the initial Pro Bowl list we will only have 2-3 Seahawks chosen if I had to guess. Just how it is.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Lynch
Unger
Robinson

Mebane (should be between him, Fairley and McCoy. Though Justin Smith is classified as a DT for the probowl)
Sherman
Thomas

Farwell (special teams)

Fringe chances: Okung (qb isn't getting hit and the team is running strong),Clemons (a lot of the best edge rushers are 3-4 olbs), Browner (probably amongst the alternates), Chancellor (pretty recognizable player after last year), Jon Ryan

Steve2222

Reaction score
Lynch
Unger
ET
Sherman
Browner

Those are all locks in my book

Mebane
Okung
Robinson

All fringe to alternate status

Kixkahn

Reaction score
How about Golden Tate he has been awesome this year.

Lithium

Reaction score
I think a few more td's for rice or tate and they might enter the discussion.

Hawks46

Reaction score
That DT for Miami has outplayed Mebane this year. Forget his name though.

Subzero717

Reaction score
hawksfan515":lh0nsg51 said:
Nick Fairley should make it this season. He's been amazing. PFF's been drooling over him.

Watch some Lions games man, and prove me wrong.

You lost all credibility when you used PFF in your argument.