next 3 away games will define this season.

Rainger

Reaction score
Our last 3 away games really will be our watershed. A look at all the "playoff teams" all show teams with even or winning records on the road.

We are the only team (indy doesnt count they are not a playoff team) that has a losing record on the road and ours is the worst. We need 3 out of 3 just to be 500 on the road.

Yes our strong home record can compensate to an extent, but I believe we must go 2 out of 3 or better 3 out of 3 on the road to make the statement that we want to make.

It is true that we can still go 1 and 2 on the road in the last 3 and still make the playoffs but a 2 and 6 road record is not a good sign for playoff and evetually SB victory.

Lets go Hawks we NEED 3 out of 3 on the road.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
The Hawks are horrible on the road. I am very worried about the rest of the schedule. We NEED to get road wins NOW. Personally I feel the Hawks have all the tools but are not there yet. Next season should be a dream year.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Hawks opponents on the road:

Arizona 4-6
St. Louis 3-6-1
Carolina 2-8
San Fran 6-3-1
Detroit 4-6

Yep, no one blew us out, but we should have won more than once against that road schedule if we're truly a playoff caliber football team. OTOH, the AZ and St. Louis losses were Wilson learning the NFL. SF was a great team at home. Detroit was a defensive meltdown.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Every game is important at this stage.

The biggest possible picture is that if we win out, we look like we're the #2 seed in the NFC. We've eliminated SF from the division title at that point, and Chi and GB will beat each other up. We own the H2H against GB, and we'd also own the H2H against CHI at that point.

Then we also have the Bucs and the Saints, two of the hottest teams in the NFL right now, both nipping at our heels for the 6th seed. We drop a couple of road games we really should win, and we're out of the playoffs, and we should be. No way we should make the playoffs only winning 1 or 2 road games, since at that point, we're going to be one and done in the playoffs anyways, being a terrible road team, and going on the road for your first playoff game.

So, in my opinion, every game is important from here on out. The Hawks have put themselves in a position to make the playoffs, but that comes with some pressure. Time to step up.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":ct3gmyql said:
Hawks opponents on the road:

Arizona 4-6
St. Louis 3-6-1
Carolina 2-8
San Fran 6-3-1
Detroit 4-6

Yep, no one blew us out, but we should have won more than once against that road schedule if we're truly a playoff caliber football team. OTOH, the AZ and St. Louis losses were Wilson learning the NFL. SF was a great team at home. Detroit was a defensive meltdown.

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

Those early losses to Arizona and St. Louis definitely had a lot to do with Wilson getting over rookie jitters and lacking chemistry with the rest of the offense. SF is a tough out no matter where you play them, and drops hurt the team. The Detroit game featured a Pro Bowl level QB taking advantage of some young LBers, imo. So there are perfectly understandable explanations for why we lost each of those road games - not excuses, mind you, just explanations of why it happened.

Now, with that being said, each of those games WAS very close, and the road play seems to have improved recently. I would agree that if a team is truly playoff-caliber, it tends to win some of those aforementioned games. I would argue that early in the season, our team really wasn't playoff-caliber.

But teams change over the course of a season, too. In 2011, our team started off as an awful team with zero run game. That changed. Similarly, our defense was playing on another level late in 2011 than it did early in the season. Consider this year, too. Denver looked shaky early on, but has gelled and is playing really good ball right now. The Packers did the same thing.

I expect that we'll see similar things from the Seahawks. They are a different team now than they were in Week 1 - especially on offense. And I think that if we played Arizona or St. Louis in their homes right now, we'd beat them, because I do think that now, this team IS playoff-caliber.

ensett

Reaction score
If we were really as horrible on the road as some people want to say, we wouldnt be within 1 drive of victory in every single game, and in some cases, one play.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
With the strength of the NFC, they need to pretty much just win em all. I am worried about Tampa, Minnesota, with New Orleans coming on very strong. Any one of them could win 5 more games. The battle for the last wild card spot will be very intense.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2ziwageg said:
With the strength of the NFC, they need to pretty much just win em all. I am worried about Tampa, Minnesota, with New Orleans coming on very strong. Any one of them could win 5 more games. The battle for the last wild card spot will be very intense.

I disagree. Look at the schedules-- TB has to play ATL 2x, Denver and NO- that's 4 rough games.
There's a strong possibility they lose 2 more games. 2 losses and they have a slim hope. 3 losses and it's over.

NO has 49ers, Giants, Cowboys, Falcons, and Bucs That's 4-5 rough games. If they lose 2 games they are done.

Vikings have to play the Bears 2x, GB- 2x, and the Texans. There a high liklihood that they loose 2 or more games. if they only lose 2 than we have the tiebreaker.

Seattle is sitting pretty. THough I really was hoping that Carolina would have held on and Beat TB, that would have helped. If the Browns would have held on it would almost certainly have knocked Dallas out of the race.

hawker84

Reaction score
if anyone here thinks that the offense in those first games is the same offense we're putting on the field now, you have not been paying attention,... screw those road losses, we had a rookie learning the ropes, backs and recievers who couldn't catch a cold, and offensive linemen, who we're killing drive after drive after drive with stupid penalties... all those things has improved dramtically... i'm not worried about this offense out on the road at all... we will destroy the fish in epic fashion, this game may be somewhat close score wise, but this game will not be close, as far as play on the field... the bill and dolphins are horrible , the dolphins just lost to the horrible bills... they shall both feel our wrath...end of rant ...

Latest posts