Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:46 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:52 am
Posts: 384
Location: Memphis (Displaced Seattleite)
On NFL Gameday Highlights last night...a show I normally love....they just HAD to say it last night when MD got his pick six; a 'simultaneous' interception. Gaawd.

I'm with Galen. I used to kinda like the Packers, but after the game against us they rocketed right up to #3 on my 'Teams I Hate' list, behind the 9ers and Steelers.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:35 am 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4349
Location: Auburn, WA
sutz wrote:
I haven't gotten over it either.

I still celebrate that win.

:)


Myself included and I do so with pride. Here's the thing, all factors aside, GT was the first one with both feet on the ground and possession. TD, play over.

But even if it was a bad call, I will celebrate it the same. Screw 'em. I hope the Hawks make it a controversy all year long. GB was lucky to even be in that game. The Hawks nearly ended it on the previous drive and also stripped the ball inside the 3 yard line on the GB possession prior. The PI call that gifted the Pack their TD has already been mentioned.

Indeed.. Celebration.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:39 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm
Posts: 1627
Whenever Joe Buck gets to me I just go back and watch Artie Lang destroy his abomination of an idea for a ahow. Joe only knew bout that greenbay Seattle game because it was on TMZ, or more likely his second favorite site.

_________________
|~=[==~||~==]=~|
||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Bellevue
I dont know why you would hate the Packers or the media. by all accounts, it was an extremely controversial call made by a replacement ref.
who cares? life goes on. stop being so sensitive and overdramatic.

Packers' stunning loss to Colts has been a lot harder pill to swallow. if you seriously believe that Golden Tate is all the Packers fans talk about, you are clearly mistaken. Green Bay has bigger fish to fry, with Giants and then two division games against Vikings and a game in Chicago ahead of them.

_________________
Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:09 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17535
Location: Graham, WA
I just like to point out that it shouldnt of come to that, game should've been over after Chancellor knocked the ball away but was called for a phantom PI call. The right team won, so screw anyone that still wants to bitch about it!

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:20 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 2524
Location: Naples, FL
[quote="Bipolar"]I dont know why you would hate the Packers or the media. by all accounts, it was an extremely controversial call made by a replacement ref.
who cares? life goes on. stop being so sensitive and overdramatic.


Youu dont "get it" because you are an entitled Puker fan.

_________________
Wolf grey all day every day.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:30 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
i'm over it.. and i hope we keep the packers out of the playoffs with the tie breaker, screw them and every one who looks like them.. or if we get a chance to knock them out of the playoffs by meeting in the wildcard game, i'll take that too.. sick of hearing about that play, glad they won yesterday only because i keeps detroit at bay, but now it's back to F**K the packers, niners and steelers...

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:51 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Bellevue
VHawk wrote:
Youu dont "get it" because you are an entitled Puker fan.


how am I an entitled Packer fan and what should I be "getting"?

regardless of where you stand on that subject, if anyone should be blasted, is a replacement ref.
how exactly a bad call all the sudden transformed to hate of Green Bay Packers franchise is beyond my comprehention.

it was a bad call. every team gets bad calls few times a season. there is no international conspiracy against Seattle. Packers fans do not hate Seahawks fans. move on with your life.

PS: you dont even know me.

_________________
Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:56 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 1379
It's never going to go away.

I'm a bartender in NYC, far removed from Green Bay and especially Seattle location wise. A Ravens fan was sitting, watching the Ravens/Steelers game last night when he started gushing about RGIII. I gave RGIII his props (I genuinely like the guy and am glad he's playing well.. loved him at Baylor) but told the dude that I think Russell Wilson will be the first QB from this class to win a Super Bowl and that if RGIII hits the rookie wall like Newton did last season (I don't think he will, but the possibility exists) he might just steal the Rookie of the Year Award from him if he and the Seahawks keep things up. Then I brought up the list of QB's that Wilson has led his team to victory against. When I mentioned that Wilson and the Hawks beat Aaron Rodgers?

"Not really." Was his reply. The dude to his right randomly jumped in with "That was the worst call in the history of sports!" This started a 10 minute conversation about the play that basically ended with both guys saying that they lost money because of the play and that "don't remember" the call on Chancellor, lack of holding calls in that game, etc. They were, like the rest of the majority of Americans, forcefed hundreds of the same replay and the same angle over and over again. Media hacks and retired has beens like Vinny Testeverde chiming in on the "injustice" and the horrid replacement refs. It's all just confirmation bias. People will see what they want to see, at the end of the day. Evidence, data, analysis, and logic be damned.

Thank God people's attention spans are much shorter nowadays. I don't think I could put up with talking about that play for the next 60 years, telling people where I was when it happened haha... Give it 5 years and the only time you'll see it referenced is when the Seahawks play the Packers head to head. Wouldn't that be something if this was only the beginning of the two teams intertwining fates? Multiple heated playoff matchups later, people would point back to the MNF Game as the start of all the history.

_________________
Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:14 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:51 am
Posts: 2411
Apparently the media comfortably forgets that we made GB look like a high school team the entire first half. And, even when they got things going a bit in the second half, it was still 12-7. The Pack put themselves in the position of having one big play or call against them decide the outcome of the game. We got the play and the call, end of story.

I actually hope we meet them again in the playoffs, and this time we play a full game like we did in the first half. Packer nation believe they are invincible when actually, they are only pretty dam good, however, they are also 1 year ending injury to Rodgers away from futility.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:38 am 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11107
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
Bipolar wrote:
VHawk wrote:
Youu dont "get it" because you are an entitled Puker fan.


how am I an entitled Packer fan and what should I be "getting"?

regardless of where you stand on that subject, if anyone should be blasted, is a replacement ref.
how exactly a bad call all the sudden transformed to hate of Green Bay Packers franchise is beyond my comprehention.

it was a bad call. every team gets bad calls few times a season. there is no international conspiracy against Seattle. Packers fans do not hate Seahawks fans. move on with your life.

PS: you dont even know me.


The problem my brotha (and you are my brotha cuz I know you're a Hawks fan - "entitled Puker fan" was probably a bit much) is that you keep referring to it as a bad call. It was perhaps one of the only truly good calls in that entire game.

Like I do every time this subject comes up, I'm just going to leave this here and walk away humming "we are the champions" to myself...

Image

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:22 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3186
Bipolar wrote:
VHawk wrote:
Youu dont "get it" because you are an entitled Puker fan.


how am I an entitled Packer fan and what should I be "getting"?

regardless of where you stand on that subject, if anyone should be blasted, is a replacement ref.
how exactly a bad call all the sudden transformed to hate of Green Bay Packers franchise is beyond my comprehention.

it was a bad call. every team gets bad calls few times a season. there is no international conspiracy against Seattle. Packers fans do not hate Seahawks fans. move on with your life.

PS: you dont even know me.


I don't know you any better than VHawk does, but that was NOT a bad call,,The Referee saw that Tate had every bit as much possesion of the ball when he hit the ground, and correctly raised his hands accordingly, and all the pissing and moaning by the media and pundits thereof, need to move on.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:32 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Bellevue
CANHawk wrote:
The problem my brotha (and you are my brotha cuz I know you're a Hawks fan - "entitled Puker fan" was probably a bit much) is that you keep referring to it as a bad call. It was perhaps one of the only truly good calls in that entire game.

Like I do every time this subject comes up, I'm just going to leave this here and walk away humming "we are the champions" to myself...


thats fine. no hard feelings.

that said, its all human psychology. the brain creates all sorts of defense mechanisms and rationalizes events in a way so that they make sense to you.

for example - you didn't get that job after 3 rounds of interview, and then you calm yourself down by thinking that "oh well, it wasn't meant to be, the manager would have probably sucked anyway, and there are bigger and better things waiting for me in the future", where in fact you truly are just trying to cope with reality that you didn't get the job of your dreams.

same thing here -- there is a video footage from all angles and to virtually any unbiased observer the TD call was extremely bogus. but no, to us, Seahawks fans (who clearly have vested interest), we come up with all sorts of reasons and logic why this was in a TD.

_________________
Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:49 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 3412
Bipolar wrote:
CANHawk wrote:
The problem my brotha (and you are my brotha cuz I know you're a Hawks fan - "entitled Puker fan" was probably a bit much) is that you keep referring to it as a bad call. It was perhaps one of the only truly good calls in that entire game.

Like I do every time this subject comes up, I'm just going to leave this here and walk away humming "we are the champions" to myself...


thats fine. no hard feelings.

that said, its all human psychology. the brain creates all sorts of defense mechanisms and rationalizes events in a way so that they make sense to you.

for example - you didn't get that job after 3 rounds of interview, and then you calm yourself down by thinking that "oh well, it wasn't meant to be, the manager would have probably sucked anyway, and there are bigger and better things waiting for me in the future", where in fact you truly are just trying to cope with reality that you didn't get the job of your dreams.

same thing here -- there is a video footage from all angles and to virtually any unbiased observer the TD call was extremely bogus. but no, to us, Seahawks fans (who clearly have vested interest), we come up with all sorts of reasons and logic why this was in a TD.


I agree with you. The call was closer than most would have you believe but it was still probably a bad call. Although I dont see why everyone was bi***** considering most of the other calls went in the fudge packers favor all night.

So I guess thats your mechanism for rationalizing losing. That you should have won based on that one call and the rest of the game, including giving up 8 (!!) sacks in the first half, didnt matter.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
Bipolar - "same thing here -- there is a video footage from all angles and to virtually any unbiased observer the TD call was extremely bogus. but no, to us, Seahawks fans (who clearly have vested interest), we come up with all sorts of reasons and logic why this was in a TD."

well unfortunatley for you and the rest of packer nation, it wasn't a bogus call to the referee's on the field, nor was it a bogus call when league officials later reviewed it at the NFL headquarters.... what it looks like a bogus call to you, is the complete right call to leaugue officials, even the real official in the replay booth.. according to the rules , it was a touchdown, boo hoo, get over it, moving along now... take this wine and cheese act to the packer boards....

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1401
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
Bipolar wrote:
CANHawk wrote:
The problem my brotha (and you are my brotha cuz I know you're a Hawks fan - "entitled Puker fan" was probably a bit much) is that you keep referring to it as a bad call. It was perhaps one of the only truly good calls in that entire game.

Like I do every time this subject comes up, I'm just going to leave this here and walk away humming "we are the champions" to myself...


thats fine. no hard feelings.

that said, its all human psychology. the brain creates all sorts of defense mechanisms and rationalizes events in a way so that they make sense to you.

for example - you didn't get that job after 3 rounds of interview, and then you calm yourself down by thinking that "oh well, it wasn't meant to be, the manager would have probably sucked anyway, and there are bigger and better things waiting for me in the future", where in fact you truly are just trying to cope with reality that you didn't get the job of your dreams.

same thing here -- there is a video footage from all angles and to virtually any unbiased observer the TD call was extremely bogus. but no, to us, Seahawks fans (who clearly have vested interest), we come up with all sorts of reasons and logic why this was in a TD.


I happened to be watching the game with a mix of people: Hawk fans, Packer fans, and those who didn't care for either team. All I know is that when that pass was caught there was a consensus in the room that it was a touchdown. That is, until Steve Young and Trent Dilfer went ballistic after the game. I can't help but wonder how everyone would be acting if, for the sake of argument, all of the pundits had praised the call as a great one.

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:31 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11107
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
Bipolar wrote:
CANHawk wrote:
The problem my brotha (and you are my brotha cuz I know you're a Hawks fan - "entitled Puker fan" was probably a bit much) is that you keep referring to it as a bad call. It was perhaps one of the only truly good calls in that entire game.

Like I do every time this subject comes up, I'm just going to leave this here and walk away humming "we are the champions" to myself...


thats fine. no hard feelings.

that said, its all human psychology. the brain creates all sorts of defense mechanisms and rationalizes events in a way so that they make sense to you.

for example - you didn't get that job after 3 rounds of interview, and then you calm yourself down by thinking that "oh well, it wasn't meant to be, the manager would have probably sucked anyway, and there are bigger and better things waiting for me in the future", where in fact you truly are just trying to cope with reality that you didn't get the job of your dreams.

same thing here -- there is a video footage from all angles and to virtually any unbiased observer the TD call was extremely bogus. but no, to us, Seahawks fans (who clearly have vested interest), we come up with all sorts of reasons and logic why this was in a TD.


Ummm..... what?


.........and we'll keep on fighting `til the end........

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:19 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:38 am
Posts: 922
Location: Anchorage, AK
CANHawks picture says a thousand words but we only need one: Touchdown!

Bipolar, you can also use your psycobabble rationalization and reverse it to justify the Packer loss.

You can't just overlook Tate having the ball with two feet down, because the play ended AT THAT MOMENT.

I'm also in the :pukeface: to GB group but only because of the Packer fan here at work that hasn't paid up his 1/2 case of beer bet..... Stealers, Cowpukes and Whiners still top my list though.

_________________
Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:30 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:39 am
Posts: 325
NYCoug wrote:
It's never going to go away.

Thank God people's attention spans are much shorter nowadays. I don't think I could put up with talking about that play for the next 60 years, telling people where I was when it happened haha... Give it 5 years and the only time you'll see it referenced is when the Seahawks play the Packers head to head. Wouldn't that be something if this was only the beginning of the two teams intertwining fates? Multiple heated playoff matchups later, people would point back to the MNF Game as the start of all the history.


Perhaps, or it may go down in the annals of NFL history as the most (or maybe second most) controversial call that changed the future of a franchise….

Not unlike the “Immaculate Reception/Deception”
(depending which side of the fence you stand on)has endured the test of time….

Quote:
Funny, when we asked Ham what he saw from that seat on his helmet at the 50, No. 59 says, “I
anticipated a flag being thrown.”
Because …
“You can’t touch the ball twice.”
Really

_________________
"Est autem fides credere quod nondum vides; cuius fidei merces est videre quod credis."
Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
(St. Augustine of Hippo)

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."
(“Ovid”)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Bellevue
before I start, I really have no issue with Packers losing that game to Seahawks, since (regardless of that last call) they clearly didn't deserve to win that game to begin with. with what I do have issue is when you guys talk shit about Packers and their fans for absolutely no good reason.

hawker84 wrote:
well unfortunatley for you and the rest of packer nation, it wasn't a bogus call to the referee's on the field, nor was it a bogus call when league officials later reviewed it at the NFL headquarters.... what it looks like a bogus call to you, is the complete right call to leaugue officials, even the real official in the replay booth..


as if they would ever reverse the call and "take that TD back" from the big office. it is never going to happen, especially since it would imply them eating crow on the whole concept that replacement refs are any good and use that for leverage with ref union negotiations. things don't happen in the vacuum when you bring in league politics.

Quote:
according to the rules , it was a touchdown, boo hoo, get over it, moving along now...


I have nothing to get over, since I celebrated that TD in that very moment in front of my TV. Seahawks absolutely deserved to win that game and the way I see it, won it on a bogus call / coin toss. It is just a f*cking football game, people should stop whining about any outcome for any team and get a life.

Quote:
take this wine and cheese act to the packer boards....


cheese! now THAT we have plenty of in the Packer land...

_________________
Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11107
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
Image
Two hands on ball? Check.
Two feet on ground? Check.
The ground that those two feet are on is in the endzone? Check.

Seriously, how can anyone see anything but a touchdown given this angle? Tater completed the catch and maintained possession through to the ground, never letting go until well after the play had been blown dead (and well before wassisname comes down from upon high). Yes it was a simultanious possession and simultanious possession has gone to the offense since before Christ was a Cub Scout.

Why do people continue to refuse to understand these very simple facts.....?



......I've done my sentence.....but committed no crime......

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:06 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:38 am
Posts: 922
Location: Anchorage, AK
Bipolar: No reason to hate on Packer fans? I have reason enough. I shall quote one of the smarter members of this board for the rebuttal.

XxxZagnutxxX wrote:
CANHawks picture says a thousand words but we only need one: Touchdown!

Bipolar, you can also use your psycobabble rationalization and reverse it to justify the Packer loss.

You can't just overlook Tate having the ball with two feet down, because the play ended AT THAT MOMENT.

I'm also in the :pukeface: to GB group but only because of the Packer fan here at work that hasn't paid up his 1/2 case of beer bet..... Stealers, Cowpukes and Whiners still top my list though.

_________________
Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:09 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:56 am
Posts: 402
Packer fans have become worse than whiner fans now.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:16 pm 
USMC 1970-77
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
Posts: 9561
Location: Monroe, WA
:snack:

_________________
Talent can get you to the playoffs.
It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 2524
Location: Naples, FL
We have to hear Sterling Sharpe,Lindsay Rhodes,Joe Buck,Herman Edwards and numerous other pundits continually bring this play up and discredit and now we have a Packer/Seahawk fan trying to convince us we should move on when that play is thrown in our face on a regular basis.Maybe if you and the rest of the media can move on we can as well.

_________________
Wolf grey all day every day.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Bellevue
CANHawk wrote:
Two hands on ball? Check.


not clear from this angle.

you are beating a dead horse, this was discussed hundreds of times by everyone and their brother...

but this is beside the point. quite frankly, nobody is that good to call these type of calls on the spot with any degree of certainty, and surely as hell not replacement refs. everybody's beef was with the refs and their call, not with Golden Tate or the Seahawks. there is no grand conspiracy here.

you merely talked yourself into seeing things the way you want see it from a still frame from some odd angle. again, not your fault, its basic human psychology.

Quote:
I'm also in the to GB group but only because of the Packer fan here at work that hasn't paid up his 1/2 case of beer bet.....


not sure who that person was, because I sure as hell did not make any bets with anyone on this board -- I am neither a gambler nor I have any interest in cheering against the Seahawks.

VHawk wrote:
We have to hear Sterling Sharpe,Lindsay Rhodes,Joe Buck,Herman Edwards and numerous other pundits continually bring this play up and discredit and now we have a Packer/Seahawk fan trying to convince us we should move on when that play is thrown in our face on a regular basis.Maybe if you and the rest of the media can move on we can as well.


are there any non-Seattle based NFL pundits that do believe it was a clear TD? and if not, is it because the outside world is crazy and only you have eyes to see the "obvious"?

_________________
Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire


Last edited by Bipolar on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:36 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11107
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
You're insane... You think that's a pot pie they're both fighting over? c'mon...

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:38 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 2524
Location: Naples, FL
You didnt read or comprehend my post.Didnt say anything about whether or not it was a f#*king td.

_________________
Wolf grey all day every day.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:40 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11107
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... git/17706/

I looked him up. The guy who wrote this is from Pittsburgh.

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:44 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Bellevue
this video was played million times from all sorts of angles. including zoomed in and in crisp clean HD. in full speed and in slow motion. everyone saw it ten times over. the fact remains that Golden Tate did not establish full control of the ball until both players hit the ground. the rest is history.

the reality is that even die-hard Seahawks fans had to convince themselves that it was a legit TD after many days of watching the same damn video. I was on this board immediately after the game -- and the general consensus was "oh well, we totally lucked out, but I don't feel sorry because it's a pay back for superbowl and the Stealers".

EDIT:

OK if
Quote:
Cold Hard Football Facts’ Comeback King
is the best you can do, then fine, it was a TD :D.

_________________
Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:55 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11107
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
Too bad you're like hella wrong bro...

Edit (forgot to sing): .........I've had my share of sand kicked in my face - But I've come through.......

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Last edited by CANHawk on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:59 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 pm
Posts: 1746
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Bipolar wrote:
cheese! now THAT we have plenty of in the Packer land...


I sure hope you have wine too. Cheese land without wine would be sad indeed....

More on point, Bipolar, it was actually the reverse angle that convinced me it was a touchdown. I have yet to see that view played by the national media. So while I understand your reference to psychology, I disagree with your analysis.

And CanHawk, sure as hell is nice to seeing you posting again my brotha! It is great to be giggling again from your posts!

_________________
"I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Posts: 2362
CANHawk wrote:
Bipolar wrote:
CANHawk wrote:
The problem my brotha (and you are my brotha cuz I know you're a Hawks fan - "entitled Puker fan" was probably a bit much) is that you keep referring to it as a bad call. It was perhaps one of the only truly good calls in that entire game.

Like I do every time this subject comes up, I'm just going to leave this here and walk away humming "we are the champions" to myself...


thats fine. no hard feelings.

that said, its all human psychology. the brain creates all sorts of defense mechanisms and rationalizes events in a way so that they make sense to you.

for example - you didn't get that job after 3 rounds of interview, and then you calm yourself down by thinking that "oh well, it wasn't meant to be, the manager would have probably sucked anyway, and there are bigger and better things waiting for me in the future", where in fact you truly are just trying to cope with reality that you didn't get the job of your dreams.

same thing here -- there is a video footage from all angles and to virtually any unbiased observer the TD call was extremely bogus. but no, to us, Seahawks fans (who clearly have vested interest), we come up with all sorts of reasons and logic why this was in a TD.


Ummm..... what?


.........and we'll keep on fighting `til the end........

No kidding! This obviously comes from people speculating based upon the inconclusive angles ,but ignoring the one conclusive one . That and not paying attention to what the rules say about criteria for a catch.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:35 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 am
Posts: 350
Bipolar wrote:
by all accounts, it was an extremely controversial call made by a replacement ref.


I'm sorry but this is just not so. It may have been controversial but was not extremely controversial. By some accounts (several NFL insiders) that call was legitimate. The only reason it was controversial at all is because people let their emotions trump the facts. By NFL rules that was unequivocally a simultaneous catch. If you've read the Scott Kacsmar piece you would know this.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... git/17706/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:47 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11107
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
SeaWolv wrote:
Bipolar wrote:
by all accounts, it was an extremely controversial call made by a replacement ref.


I'm sorry but this is just not so. It may have been controversial but was not extremely controversial. By some accounts (several NFL insiders) that call was legitimate. The only reason it was controversial at all is because people let their emotions trump the facts. By NFL rules that was unequivocally a simultaneous catch. If you've read the Scott Kacsmar piece you would know this.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... git/17706/


Naw, I tried that already. Apparently this source isn't good enough. No, for Bipolar to accept it needs to come from a big named, nationally respected sports journalist. Someone like Gil Brandt I guess because those guys are always right on the money...

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:48 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 am
Posts: 350
Bipolar wrote:
are there any non-Seattle based NFL pundits that do believe it was a clear TD? and if not, is it because the outside world is crazy and only you have eyes to see the "obvious"?


There actually were several. The only one I can remember right now is Colin Cowherd.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:04 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 am
Posts: 350
Bipolar wrote:
this video was played million times from all sorts of angles. including zoomed in and in crisp clean HD. in full speed and in slow motion. everyone saw it ten times over. the fact remains that Golden Tate did not establish full control of the ball until both players hit the ground. the rest is history.


Tate made contact with the ball first with his left hand and never lost control of it. Two hands on the ball doesn't mean the player has control and more control has no relevance. Tate clearly does have control since he is pulling Jennings down to the ground. So much so that his head is almost even with his waist. If you look at the King 5 footage from the back of the end zone you can see that Jennings is trying to rip the ball from Tate as soon as they hit the ground. Why would he need to do that if he had control?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:31 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 1379
Phil Simms just referenced this yet again during the Texans/Lions game. He said something along the lines of "I'm just glad that we didn't have a simultaneous possession, like I saw in a game I saw earlier this season, or at least that's what they called it."

I think it's obvious where Simms stands. I could care less what he says though. He and Nantz were praising the Texans and just trashing the Lions before Graham missed the potential game winning FG. They even tried to dismiss the fact that the awful call on the Forsett (funny how a Seahawk is yet again involved in controversy) was the main reason the Texans even stood a chance to win in the first place.

Again though, nothing surprises me with the media and the way they handle things.

_________________
Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:34 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10063
@ BiPolar
You think members of this board are seeing what they want to see because of "psychology"? What if you are the one seeing what you want to see, an incompletion? Goes both ways. It does make me wonder just how Bi you really are, though.

Now if you want to bitch about the pushoff, that is totally legit, even the NFL said so.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5209
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
SeaWolv wrote:
Bipolar wrote:
are there any non-Seattle based NFL pundits that do believe it was a clear TD? and if not, is it because the outside world is crazy and only you have eyes to see the "obvious"?


There actually were several. The only one I can remember right now is Colin Cowherd.


Doesn't matter what any pundits said, they are stupid. The actual refs confirmed the TD, apparently it wasn't so "obvious" that it was an INT to them. They saw a TD, as we did. Not from the front angle, but from the back angle you can see it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:34 am 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4349
Location: Auburn, WA
Seeing the game in person, it was hard to tell, but it looked as if it was simultaneously caught at the time. By the time I got home, I was convinced it was a clear TD based on the fact that the first person to have control and both feet on the ground was Tate. That is the end of it, it is a TD and the play is over. The following angles cemented it even more.

I somehow read a recent thread in a Packer forum saying he wouldn't let it go. I responded with a post saying I wouldn't let it go either. Making the points that say it was a catch and then explaining that even if it was a bad call, that I would take it because of obvious reasons. My posting permissions were removed immediately after even explaining that I totally understood why they were butt hurt. :)

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:44 am 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11107
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
loafoftatupu wrote:
Seeing the game in person, it was hard to tell, but it looked as if it was simultaneously caught at the time. By the time I got home, I was convinced it was a clear TD based on the fact that the first person to have control and both feet on the ground was Tate. That is the end of it, it is a TD and the play is over. The following angles cemented it even more.

I somehow read a recent thread in a Packer forum saying he wouldn't let it go. I responded with a post saying I wouldn't let it go either. Making the points that say it was a catch and then explaining that even if it was a bad call, that I would take it because of obvious reasons. My posting permissions were removed immediately after even explaining that I totally understood why they were butt hurt. :)


Sad.

This is why my general level of respect for the Packers and their fans is declining at a rather rapid pace. They have no idea how spoiled and entitled they sound when they have their little bitch fests about this game (and the fact that their so called screwing happened against one of the most truly screwed over franchises in history is completely lost on them).

I used to want us to be like the Packers, now I just want to beat the shit out of them every chance we get. I hope we meet them in the playoffs at this rate and stomp a mudhole in their ass.

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:49 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17535
Location: Graham, WA
CANHawk wrote:
loafoftatupu wrote:
Seeing the game in person, it was hard to tell, but it looked as if it was simultaneously caught at the time. By the time I got home, I was convinced it was a clear TD based on the fact that the first person to have control and both feet on the ground was Tate. That is the end of it, it is a TD and the play is over. The following angles cemented it even more.

I somehow read a recent thread in a Packer forum saying he wouldn't let it go. I responded with a post saying I wouldn't let it go either. Making the points that say it was a catch and then explaining that even if it was a bad call, that I would take it because of obvious reasons. My posting permissions were removed immediately after even explaining that I totally understood why they were butt hurt. :)


Sad.

This is why my general level of respect for the Packers and their fans is declining at a rather rapid pace. They have no idea how spoiled and entitled they sound when they have their little bitch fests about this game (and the fact that their so called screwing happened against one of the most truly screwed over franchises in history is completely lost on them).

I used to want us to be like the Packers, now I just want to beat the shit out of them every chance we get. I hope we meet them in the playoffs at this rate and stomp a mudhole in their ass.


This, I really want to beat them into submission like we did Dallas.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:14 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:54 pm
Posts: 498
My general respect for Seahawks fans is declining by the minute. The Seahawks won the game. It was a bad call. Bad calls happen. But to attack bipolar the way you guys are attacking him is ridiculous. The majority of this board knew they got away with one after that touchdown. And its hilarious that someone here is trying to post a picture as rationalization as to how the play was called correctly. Bipolar admitted himself that the Packers didn't deserve to win the game and yet you guys are trying to make him out to be someone who can't let things go. And this is coming from a fanbase who still whines over the refs in superbowl XL. Cat calling the kettle black.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:22 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6427
SeaWolv wrote:
Bipolar wrote:
this video was played million times from all sorts of angles. including zoomed in and in crisp clean HD. in full speed and in slow motion. everyone saw it ten times over. the fact remains that Golden Tate did not establish full control of the ball until both players hit the ground. the rest is history.


Tate made contact with the ball first with his left hand and never lost control of it. Two hands on the ball doesn't mean the player has control and more control has no relevance. Tate clearly does have control since he is pulling Jennings down to the ground. So much so that his head is almost even with his waist. If you look at the King 5 footage from the back of the end zone you can see that Jennings is trying to rip the ball from Tate as soon as they hit the ground. Why would he need to do that if he had control?

This...too many people try to argue that two hands on the ball=control. No! 1 hand on the ball and a helmet (Tyree) is also control as well as one hand on the ball and another player's hands. There's no such thing as more control in terms of the NFL and its rules. Just because Jennings had both hands on it does not mean he has more rights to it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:31 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8836
Location: Granite Falls, WA
mretrade wrote:
My general respect for Seahawks fans is declining by the minute. The Seahawks won the game. It was a bad call. Bad calls happen. But to attack bipolar the way you guys are attacking him is ridiculous. The majority of this board knew they got away with one after that touchdown. And its hilarious that someone here is trying to post a picture as rationalization as to how the play was called correctly. Bipolar admitted himself that the Packers didn't deserve to win the game and yet you guys are trying to make him out to be someone who can't let things go. And this is coming from a fanbase who still whines over the refs in superbowl XL. Cat calling the kettle black.


It was called correctly. If you don't our take on it then you can go. Won't miss you.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:51 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4349
Location: Auburn, WA
After seeing their reaction to that call, I wonder what they would think about having the Testabutcher TD happen to them?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6427
mretrade wrote:
My general respect for Seahawks fans is declining by the minute. The Seahawks won the game. It was a bad call. Bad calls happen. But to attack bipolar the way you guys are attacking him is ridiculous. The majority of this board knew they got away with one after that touchdown. And its hilarious that someone here is trying to post a picture as rationalization as to how the play was called correctly. Bipolar admitted himself that the Packers didn't deserve to win the game and yet you guys are trying to make him out to be someone who can't let things go. And this is coming from a fanbase who still whines over the refs in superbowl XL. Cat calling the kettle black.

Game 3 of the regular season compared to a Superbowl. Yeah, very comparable. Unlike Superbowl XL, the officials upheld their call after the Packers game. Everyone and their momma knows what went down. Let's not try to equate the Packers' plight with ours, even if it was a bad call.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:29 am
Posts: 693
The media still hates the Tate catch? I'm pretty sure the Tate catch is a wet dream come true for the media.

_________________
"If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:10 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Posts: 2362
Tech Worlds wrote:
mretrade wrote:
My general respect for Seahawks fans is declining by the minute. The Seahawks won the game. It was a bad call. Bad calls happen. But to attack bipolar the way you guys are attacking him is ridiculous. The majority of this board knew they got away with one after that touchdown. And its hilarious that someone here is trying to post a picture as rationalization as to how the play was called correctly. Bipolar admitted himself that the Packers didn't deserve to win the game and yet you guys are trying to make him out to be someone who can't let things go. And this is coming from a fanbase who still whines over the refs in superbowl XL. Cat calling the kettle black.


It was called correctly. If you don't our take on it then you can go. Won't miss you.


This ^^^

The picture is pertinent because it was shot from the angle the official was viewing from when he made the call. NONE of replay angles offer enough to come close to overturning that. TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!
"Hilarious" is how the East coast-biased mediots have nothing but subjective analysis the to build upon the hype and rage, but, hey, we should be used to that by now.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.