Season ended today , we are 6th seed.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Season ended today , we are 6th seed.
Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 am
  • I saw in an earlier topic yesterday that we would not be in due to the three way tie.

Well Thank Sando because he cleared that up. Because Minn lost to both Seattle and Tampa they would be elimanated and we hold the edge over Tampa.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... -standings

hopefully this clears up some confusion
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Re: Season ended today , we are 6th seed.
Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 am
  • But the season didn't end today.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:08 pm
  • thanks man , i didnt know that
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:09 pm
  • EastCoastHawksFan wrote:thanks man , i didnt know that

Don't know why you're getting feisty. You're the one who posted the irrelevant thread
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 pm
  • thanks man
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

• Wow the bye week seems to have everybody a bit testy…
    "Est autem fides credere quod nondum vides; cuius fidei merces est videre quod credis."
    Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
    (St. Augustine of Hippo)

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."
    (“Ovid”)
    FidelisHawk
    NET Starter

• Thanks EastCoast. I'm just going to assume that 515 and TRJC were just throwing some brotherly love your way, philly style.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• And if the season had ended after the first game, we would be tied for last place.

Just sayin'.
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

• EastCoastHawksFan wrote:I saw in an earlier topic yesterday that we would not be in due to the three way tie.

Well Thank Sando because he cleared that up. Because Minn lost to both Seattle and Tampa they would be elimanated and we hold the edge over Tampa.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... -standings

hopefully this clears up some confusion

For future reference, if you want to avoid the verbal jousts (if you care), the thing to do would be to post this same information in that topic you saw earlier, instead of starting a whole new thread.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• kearly wrote:Thanks EastCoast. I'm just going to assume that 515 and TRJC were just throwing some brotherly love your way, philly style.

Yeah kinda. Its not OP's fault, I just feel all this talk about "if the season ended today" is really dumb.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• Playoff position isn't irrelevant. That's why nfl and espn.com have pages for it. Playoff position is merely a reflection of the standings, which are hardly inconsequential. Someone always has to be a wise guy whenever anyone posts about it.
    PDXCHawk
    NET Starter

• PDXCHawk wrote:Playoff position isn't irrelevant. That's why nfl and espn.com have pages for it. Playoff position is merely a reflection of the standings, which are hardly inconsequential. Someone always has to be a wise guy whenever anyone posts about it.

It is irrelevant to talk about whether we are technically the sixth seed ahead of MN and TB when there are still several weeks left in the season. Maybe my comment was more a response to the other thread about this, which was really obnoxious
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:
    PDXCHawk wrote:Playoff position isn't irrelevant. That's why nfl and espn.com have pages for it. Playoff position is merely a reflection of the standings, which are hardly inconsequential. Someone always has to be a wise guy whenever anyone posts about it.

It is irrelevant to talk about whether we are technically the sixth seed ahead of MN and TB when there are still several weeks left in the season. Maybe my comment was more a response to the other thread about this, which was really obnoxious

It's perfectly relevant. More than that it's fun. Why do you hate fun?
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:
    PDXCHawk wrote:Playoff position isn't irrelevant. That's why nfl and espn.com have pages for it. Playoff position is merely a reflection of the standings, which are hardly inconsequential. Someone always has to be a wise guy whenever anyone posts about it.

It's perfectly relevant. More than that it's fun. Why do you hate fun?

I usually chalk it up to a traumatizing childhood
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:09 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information