3 Reasons the Seahawks should pursue Payton

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
:141847_bnono: :187734: :229031_banghead: :177692: :229031_rant: :229031_rolleyes: :240039: :cussing: :censored:

drdiags

Reaction score
It was written by a guy who says he is a Seahawks fan. For one, I doubt Payton is going to be leaving New Orleans but if he does, I don't think he would want to head up this way. He just moved his family back to Dallas, encountering some grief from the local New Orleans media but that is where he wants his family raised. This is just too far away.

Payton would probably produce a more potent offense but he would have to find a good defensive mind to run his defense for me to feel the move is worth the change. It is something to speculate during the bye week but I just don't think it fits.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Same site as that juvenile "Wilson will win Super Bowls with the Seahawks".

Congratulations, Bleacher Report. You've been outdone.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
That guy's elevator was stuck in the basement. He says he is a Seahawks fan, but he comes across as a Pete Carroll hater. With Pete Carroll's total NFL record sitting at 52-53 after the queens game, he had the audacity (and stupidity) to say, "his record in the NFL is a losing one or break even at the very best."

Actually, I'm kinda impressed with that article. It's not often that you can find that much stupidity crammed into four paragraphs.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
1254321-southparkwowloser_super.jpg

Sometimes I hate the internet.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Pete has flipped the roster the equivalent to ten full times in 2.5 years, and has gone 7-9, 7-9, and is now 6-4 and could very well reach 10 wins in season 3 with every player on the team being a new starter with the exception of Leroy Hill, who is really just a role player. Can you imagine that? Turn over everybody but Leroy Hill up to ten times and be sitting at 1 game under .500 for his career here, and having the second youngest roster in the league, and staring double digit wins in year 3 along with being set at essentially every skill position (if they can afford it) for the next 5 years plus. Line: Okung, Carp, Unger, (Moffit, McQuistian/Jean Pierre/Sweezy), Breno (all young). TE: Miller and McCoy. Both young and talented. QB: Wilson, Flynn, Portis. Hmmm... I see a trend all 3 young and talented. WR: Rice, Baldwin, Tate (Noticing a pattern? All 3 young and very talented!). ST: Ryan and Hauschka - kickers are ageless. Both fairly young and at the top of their game. And no I didn't forget... the big talent: Lynch - Locked up long term. Not 30. Already at 1,000 on the year after 10 games. Amazing! Still playing like he's wanting his first contract. Turbin - Rookie, playing very well. Learning behind the master and is cheap and tough. Robinson, best pure FB left, and does a lot of other stuff and is relatively young and FB's can have long careers.

Now, do the same with the defense. Tell me how many other coaches could flip a team and win 8 games, then 7, now 6 10 weeks in over his first 2 and a partial season. I don't see many that could manage the roster that well and still churn wins out and seemingly improve every week. We were within a play of winning every game but 1. Pretty amazing.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Just say no to Payton. If anyone were brought in to work with Wilson ala Brees style it should or would be his QB coach and OC. Even then I don't believe Carroll has failed this team in any way. He's delivered some pretty amazing results from the shit storm he inherited.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Maybe if we finished 7-9 again and the team quits on him. But does anyone think that would happen? Certainly not me.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
this guy is pretty stupid. Maybe he was mad because his other predictions didn't come true...

Quarterback: The Russell Wilson experiment will be over when Paul Allen informs Pete Carroll the basement is his least favorite place, both at Century Link Field and in the division. By week 10 the Seahawks will be 4-5, Matt Flynn will take the helm in week 10 against the New York Jets, and during the post game interviews an ecstatic Tom Cable will declare it was wonderful to finally be able to call passing plays. Neither Mark Sanchez or Tim Tebow will be the talk as Flynn steps in, throws 5 touchdowns and leads Seattle to a 38-3 victory over New York. The Seahawks will later claim having a bye so late in the season (week 11) was crucial to running the table from weeks 12 to 17 and ending the regular season 11 and 5.

http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/blog/2012 ... y-week-17/

After reading through a lot of his articles it is clear to see he is just a Wilson hater, and will only hate PC as long as Wilson is starting.

Not to mention this article just looks stupid in very little hindsight...

The Seahawks have all the ingredients to be a championship caliber team, but until they figure out how to blend it all together they will continue to watch the Super Bowl from home. Seattle fans will have to continue enduring nail biting down to the wire wins and loses until Coach Carroll (1) gives Wilson the time necessary to grow and mature into a player befitting an athlete of his capability and potential and (2) finds the confidence to let who ever is under center the ability to win the game before the final down. As the saying goes Coach Carroll you’ve got to take a chance sometime, might as well be now.

I wonder if that chance of starting Wilson is paying off? Also, you evaluated Wilson 3 weeks into his rookie season idiot. He (predictably) improved greatly.

seedhawk

Reaction score
SharkHawk":ezycfiko said:
Pete has flipped the roster the equivalent to ten full times in 2.5 years, and has gone 7-9, 7-9, and is now 6-4 and could very well reach 10 wins in season 3 with every player on the team being a new starter with the exception of Leroy Hill, who is really just a role player. Can you imagine that? Turn over everybody but Leroy Hill up to ten times and be sitting at 1 game under .500 for his career here, and having the second youngest roster in the league, and staring double digit wins in year 3 along with being set at essentially every skill position (if they can afford it) for the next 5 years plus. Line: Okung, Carp, Unger, (Moffit, McQuistian/Jean Pierre/Sweezy), Breno (all young). TE: Miller and McCoy. Both young and talented. QB: Wilson, Flynn, Portis. Hmmm... I see a trend all 3 young and talented. WR: Rice, Baldwin, Tate (Noticing a pattern? All 3 young and very talented!). ST: Ryan and Hauschka - kickers are ageless. Both fairly young and at the top of their game. And no I didn't forget... the big talent: Lynch - Locked up long term. Not 30. Already at 1,000 on the year after 10 games. Amazing! Still playing like he's wanting his first contract. Turbin - Rookie, playing very well. Learning behind the master and is cheap and tough. Robinson, best pure FB left, and does a lot of other stuff and is relatively young and FB's can have long careers.

Now, do the same with the defense. Tell me how many other coaches could flip a team and win 8 games, then 7, now 6 10 weeks in over his first 2 and a partial season. I don't see many that could manage the roster that well and still churn wins out and seemingly improve every week. We were within a play of winning every game but 1. Pretty amazing.

Tate is the "roll" player. Hill is actually "top pot".

Latest posts