We're ending the regular season...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
On an 8 game winning streak. You heard it here first.

Losing in the NFC Championship game though.

Next year. Superbowl or bust.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":14fvrerr said:
Lose to who in nfc champ game all knowing one.

I havnt quite figured that one out yet (although i'm leaning towards Green Bay), I just dont think we're quite Superbowl caliber yet. But, we're getting close.

Starrman44

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3sh5m2bi said:
425HawkSpark":3sh5m2bi said:
Lose to who in nfc champ game all knowing one.

I havnt quite figured that one out yet (although i'm leaning towards Green Bay), I just dont think we're quite Superbowl caliber yet. But, we're getting close.

If we are NFC championship caliber, than we may as well get into the Super Bowl...

kearly

Reaction score
The funny thing is, we are probably more likely to win the Superbowl than we are to win the next six straight NFL games. Seems strange that you would oversell this team winning out on the road and at home while underselling them as a Superbowl contender. The Seahawks probably won't end the season 12-4, but as things stand today they definitely look like Superbowl contenders.

The Seahawks are #3 in DVOA and have a team built for the postseason (running offense, great defense). Wilson has been very good in his last 5 games. I see no reason to not think Superbowl caliber. We are 6-4 and could be better if not for losing a lot of close games against a tough schedule. Of the 12 teams that are projected to make the playoffs, Seattle's strength of schedule ranks 4th toughest.

And if you are right, the Seahawks would be 12-4 and riding a huge winning streak entering the playoffs. 12-4 probably gets Seattle a bye, since they'd have the tiebreaker over the Bears/Packers in that scenario and would likely win the division unless SF goes perfect (Seahawks aside) in their last 6 to counter. That would give them homefield advantage, with the only possible road game being at the very over-rated, finesse Atlanta Falcons, who are a lot like the 2005 Seahawks minus an MVP running back.

Edit: just noticed that was post 5001...

vader.jpg

volsunghawk

Reaction score
kearly":zw1ihimp said:
The funny thing is, we are probably more likely to win the Superbowl than we are to win the next six straight NFL games. Seems strange that you would oversell this team winning out on the road and at home while underselling them as a Superbowl contender. The Seahawks probably won't end the season 12-4, but as things stand today they definitely look like Superbowl contenders.

The Seahawks are #3 in DVOA and have a team built for the postseason (running offense, great defense). Wilson has been very good in his last 5 games. I see no reason to not think Superbowl caliber. We are 6-4 and could be better if not for losing a lot of close games against a tough schedule. Of the 12 teams that are projected to make the playoffs, Seattle's strength of schedule ranks 4th toughest.

And if you are right, the Seahawks would be 12-4 and riding a huge winning streak entering the playoffs. 12-4 probably gets Seattle a bye, since they'd have the tiebreaker over the Bears/Packers in that scenario and would likely win the division unless SF goes perfect (Seahawks aside) in their last 6 to counter. That would give them homefield advantage, with the only possible road game being at the very over-rated, finesse Atlanta Falcons, who are a lot like the 2005 Seahawks minus an MVP running back.

Edit: just noticed that was post 5001...

vader.jpg

That's my thinking, sort of.

If this team finishes on an 8-game winning streak, I don't see how we lose in the NFC Championship game. We'd have some serious momentum going and home field advantage for a good part of the playoffs. There's not a team in the NFC that scares me if the game is in Seattle.

Blazenhawks

Reaction score
We will end the season at 10-6 with us losing to the bears and 49ers and lose in the division round to Atlanta

hawker84

Reaction score
atlanta is one of the least teams that scare me... only teams that scare me are GB and SF... chicago a little ( on the Road ) but we can definately beat either one of the those teams at home... atlanta in their dome doesn't scare me, saints have no D and beat them...

Largent80

Reaction score
Every team in this league is beatable, so essentially the OP is correct. However, they need to become at least a .500 team on the road in the future IMO.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Largent80":2fx47k7e said:
Every team in this league is beatable, so essentially the OP is correct. However, they need to become at least a .500 team on the road in the future IMO.
And the future starts a week from Sunday in Miami!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yes Superbowl or bust! They need to spend the whole next week in Miami party-hardy to get used to the time zone difference, then come out strong against the Dolphins!

BlueTalons

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3dytq9ip said:
On an 8 game winning streak. You heard it here first.
No actually...the voices in my head told me this a couple of weeks ago. I just don't let them post here on .NET! :lol:

seahawks08

Reaction score
I am not sure about the Miami win now as they are in desperation mode and will be rested after yesterdays game. Detroit was the same, they win against us and then lose to the Vikings. So I feel sub par teams somehow find a way to beat us on the road. Maybe this team is currently build to only play against the really good teams. The key is our offense gets hot towards the later part of the game, if the defense can score points in the earlier part of the game, we win. If we keep it close, on the road it is difficult to win for this team.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I dunno, I have a bad feeling about the Bears game. I like us for a 4 game win streak to end the season, though.

Largent80

Reaction score
I always have a bad feeling about us playing the Bears. But we have done fairly well there in recent games.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I don't know about ending the regular season on a streak, but I have had a strong feeling for two or three weeks now that the Seahawks will win the Super Bowl.

Yep.

Latest posts