This defense will destroy Ryan Tannehill

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Todd pretty much ticked all the boxes. If we are who we think we are, The Dolphins and Bills should be wins for us. Same as with Carolina, and we won that one. The Lions are a very talented team, and that loss kinda stung because in the end it was the D who let us down, but it was still a close game and I thought the offense played very well on the road. The other three losses were divisional games, and most of you should know by now that you can toss the form book out the window when it comes to divisional games, especially on the road.

If we can't beat the Dolhpins and the Bills, regardless of kickoff time or location, then we're not what we thought we were.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• not sure why everyones so certain we're going to lose to the bears... ya it's at their house, but their offense is horrible, even with cutler... they rely on some of their scoring to come off takeaways, and the d scoring.. we don't turn the ball over or at least let the D score, no reason why we couldn't win that game as well... just not seeing why the bears are that much better than us... We have a better offense, and a top 5 defense...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:not sure why everyones so certain we're going to lose to the bears... ya it's at their house, but their offense is horrible, even with cutler... they rely on some of their scoring to come off takeaways, and the d scoring.. we don't turn the ball over or at least let the D score, no reason why we couldn't win that game as well... just not seeing why the bears are that much better than us... We have a better offense, and a top 5 defense...

Agree, but it's a tough game on the road against a seemingly decent opponent, which is what we faced with the Lions and look how that turned out. CAN we beat the Bears? Of course we can, and were this at the CLink, I wouldn't bat an eyelid. But with it being on the road, and immediately after a road game to boot, it just makes it a bit more....iffy.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• These types of games, where on paper we should kill our opponent, scare the hell out of me. Factor in its a 10am start game and Im very nervous.

Whatever happens, no matter if its 1 or 21 points, I just want another freaking road win. Luckily for me, I was in attendance for our only road win this year :D
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• the lions have a much better offense than the bears, but i hear what you're saying.. i'm not saying it's a definate win, but i'm damn sure not saying it's a definate loss... this team if it plays at it's max capabilities, no penalties, no dropsies, fumbles, can beat anybody, road or home, 10am or 1pm, doesn't matter.. JMO
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Until the Seahawks can prove otherwise, I'm sticking to my prediction that we win out at home and lose out on the road and finish 9-7.

I won't be surprised if we drop one at home and win one more on the road but that still keeps us at 9-7.

The Kool-Aid won't be in my house until we take care of the Dolphins and Bills on the road like ANY Top 10 team should do.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I'm sticking with 10-6 and a wildcard. 11-5 is a fair possibility, but I've been saying 10-6 all year and see no reason to back off from that.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Aros wrote:Until the Seahawks can prove otherwise, I'm sticking to my prediction that we win out at home and lose out on the road and finish 9-7.

I won't be surprised if we drop one at home and win one more on the road but that still keeps us at 9-7.

The Kool-Aid won't be in my house until we take care of the Dolphins and Bills on the road like ANY Top 10 team should do.

exactly, if we're a top team we will take care of business these next two weeks..
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:If we lose to the gawddam awful Dolphins in Miami than I'm not sure how any of us can think we deserve a playoff spot.

We better beat that team in a week, road woes be damned.

I kinda feel the same way. If we can't win there....that would be a flat out embarassment to me.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• This game will be a test on how disciplined this team is. Will they come out flat in a 10 AM road game after a long break? Will there be more penalties? Will Bradley continue to bring more than 4 on 3rd down? Will there be drops?

If we lose this game, it's going to be due to shooting ourselves in the foot, not so much from anything the Dolphins will do
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• hoxrox wrote:This game will be a test on how disciplined this team is. Will they come out flat in a 10 AM road game after a long break? Will there be more penalties? Will Bradley continue to bring more than 4 on 3rd down? Will there be drops?

If we lose this game, it's going to be due to shooting ourselves in the foot, not so much from anything the Dolphins will do

I say we blitz more in this game...I don't think Tannehill has what it takes to exploit it.
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

• I agree that the Miami and Buffalo games are games we should win, barring some crazy Any Given Sunday occurrences.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• PGunning101 wrote:For 8 yards...

Yea but he threw with his left! :mrgreen:
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• We are going to have to start winning road games at some point. It might as well be now...
    acbass
    NET Starter

• Russ Willstrong wrote:
    PGunning101 wrote:For 8 yards...

Yea but he threw with his left! :mrgreen:

So did Tate, and with only 1/3 the attempts he had 3 times the yardage and a TD.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Until I see it.. I do not trust this team on the road.

If the game was at CLink, yeah Tannehill would be in for a longggg day..

We SHOULD win.. but then again, we SHOULD have won in Glendale, St. Louis and Detroit too.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Hasselbeck wrote:Until I see it.. I do not trust this team on the road.

If the game was at CLink, yeah Tannehill would be in for a longggg day..

We SHOULD win.. but then again, we SHOULD have won in Glendale, St. Louis and Detroit too.

Totally agree. This team has to prove they can win on the road before we expect them to do it. There are numerous examples over the years of the Hawks going on the road and losing to inferior opponents in asinine ways so I'll hold my breath that this version can change the "can't win on the road" culture.

The only good news is that road favorites off a bye week are something like 25-4 straight up over the past several years (heard the stat yesterday on Cowherd's radio show) and Seattle will likely be a 1 to 3 point favorite based on the Dolphins recent slide.
    TheHawkDoc
    NET Rookie

• Many years ago, I heard a talking head say, about this very subject, "You have to win the games you're supposed to win."

That's about how I feel, and I think I'm with the consensus around here, that this is a game the Seahawks "should" win. In some ways, this game has playoff implications. If we want to make the playoffs, we have to do everything possible to make sure that we are in the best position imaginable when we play SF in late December. If we start losing to the likes of Miami, that SF game starts to lose meaning.

I'm normally a "one game at a time" kind of fan, and I try not to look too far ahead, but this is that time of year when, if you want to really make a playoff run, you have to take care of business. That means beating inferior teams, which Miami really is. Russell Wilson seems like just the kind of guy who can and will do that.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Congratulations to the elite Seahawks defense for destroying Ryan Tannehill this week (Sarcasm On). This defense makes me sick.
    TheHawkDoc
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information