This defense will destroy Ryan Tannehill

PGunning101

Reaction score
Based on what I've just seen this Seahawks defense (in particular Richard Sherman and co. in the #LEGIONOFBOOM) is fully capable of being the straw that breaks the camel's back and sending Ryan Tannehill into a full-on shell-shocked David Carr-esque career failure.

The Buffalo Bills were 31st in total defense coming in and handled him thoroughly. I recognize he lacks weapons, but who knows if his confidence will survive long enough for him to get them.

I for one can't wait.

madbohem

Reaction score
Tannehill has some potential, believe he will be okay in the NFL, but he ain't no Russell Wilson. I expect Bruce Irvin to eat him for lunch.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
Please take all of this back, when you are overconfident with the hawks, you get burned most of the time.
See: @Rams. @Cardinals. @Lions

Its all bad juju and we must anti jynx!!

OP
OP
P

PGunning101

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":1ot2vlnu said:
Please take all of this back, when you are overconfident with the hawks, you get burned most of the time.

I also predicted we would make Sanchez and Tebow wish they never got on a plane, if it makes you feel any better.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
PGunning101":1am6kp0y said:
KitsapHawk":1am6kp0y said:

I also predicted we would make Sanchez and Tebow wish they never got on a plane, if it makes you feel any better.

Are you kidding? Tebow had a 100% completion percentage against us! 3/3! He is the kryptonite to this Seahawk defense! :sarcasm_off:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If we lose to the gawddam awful Dolphins in Miami than I'm not sure how any of us can think we deserve a playoff spot.

We better beat that team in a week, road woes be damned.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
There is a high probability that the odds-makers will give the Hawks the advantage in Miami. However, those 10 am starts seem to be our "weak link". We are going to have to start fast and keep our boot on their neck.....through the 4th quarter.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I tend to agree. ANy given Sunday but this will be our first rookie QB of the season..I expect him to throw no more than 1 TD and have no less than 2 turnovers. Who's the worst QB we've faced thus far? Alex Smith? Skelton? I neither threw for 200 yards or looked very good. Tannehill is probably on pace with those guys at this point.

I think his sore knee is effecting him more than most people know. He looked much better in the first quarter of the season.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The Dolphins are the opposite of the Seahawks... They have a better win % on the road than they do at home. Visiting teams usually get the win in Miami. See 2010, 6 of their 7 wins came on the road.

kearly

Reaction score
I hope Pete is telling our entire Dline to get their hands up. Tannehill's release is the NFL equivalent of a knuckleball. If our defense doesn't turn him into a batted ball machine, they failed.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I'm throwing caution to the wind. I believe that we will beat Miami. If we don't than we clearly aren't as far along as we thought.

We are a better team. Being on the road, maybe it isn't a blowout, but a blowout wouldn't surprise me.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Same issues we saw in college for Tannehill. Way too many batted balls - even considering his low release point, he has far too many tipped passes. He's good for 2-3 really bad decisions in a game that often lead to picks. His supporting cast in Miami is abysmal but he's still thrown just 6 touchdowns in ten starts compared to 11 interceptions.

Pressure unsurpsisingly is the key because he isn't used to it. Texas A&M has the best offensive line in college football outside of Alabama. He was virtually untouched in 2011. And he still made bizarre mistakes (see: Oklahoma/Texas games). Now in Miami the Dolphins can't keep him clean and it's foreign to Tannehill. Despite being a pretty good athlete, he doesn't really extend plays. He'll panic and just unload when pressed. Inside pressure looks like his biggest enemy. I'd consider playing Jason Jones on more early downs. I'd also put Bruce in more often on first down too if we get ahead early. I think we'll handle this game pretty comfortably if we get a ten point lead and play conservative offense.

JonRud

Reaction score
I watched that entire game last night and if we do not beat Miami handily we deserve [and will get] nothing this year. They are god awful on offense. Should be similar to the Jets game where they don't move the ball or score.

No excuses on road game, 10am or any of that. Hawks have 2 full weeks to prepare for that inept offense. All they have to do is play their game with intensity and we win going away.

GOSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the D will give the entire Dollfin offense fits, frustration and lots of bruises. As for the Hawks offense, they should be able to come in running the ball and throwing well. Move the chains and good in the end zone.

At the end of the day I look for a three score difference in favor of the hawks.

Yup!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":1qsokro5 said:

It's not overconfidence if it's correct, and jinxes aren't real in any case.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Until we start playing D on 3rd down and winning games on the road, I can't see any reason to be over-confident.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Hopefully the back to back home games and the bye week will erase all the bad vibes from the road games earlier in the season. The team can realistically look at this like a fresh start of sorts. It's the first road game of the second half of the season. The first half of the season was dotted with an inability to close teams out but we've seen that that hasn't been a problem against Minnesota and the Jets. The Seahawks pride themselves on finishing strong, now's the time to do it on the road and at 10am too! Personally, I can't wait for the challenge, I think the Hawks will drub the Dolphins and Tannehill in the process.

With regards to Tannehill, I don't see the hype. kearly and English' assessments are spot-on. I honestly look forward to seeing Russell Wilson make him look like a chump by comparison.

Tical21

Reaction score
Whoa whoa. I'm not expecting a blowout by any stretch. The Fins have a legitimate defense, and we're playing at 10am on the east coast. I'm not sure we're going to score enough points to blow them out. And say what you want about Tannehill, but he has had moments. Put on the tape of the Colts game. Kid is AWFULLY talented. Don't think it was a stretch of a pick at all.

Latest posts