RG3 Named Team Captain, Should Wilson?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Just saw that RG3 was just voted a team captain for the rest of the season. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8634642/robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-voted-team-captain

Obviously the link itself is not Seahawks-related, but I was hoping to turn the discussion to the Seahawks.

It got me thinking that maybe the Hawks will do the same with Wilson. The Hawks have only used 1 of their 2 Captain spots on Offense (Unger) and I guess you can name someone a captain at any time.

I think it would be a great sign of respect for the team to do this now that is looks like Wilson will be the starter the whole year. I understood not naming him one in the beginning since no one was really sure how he would play, but now that he looks entrenched in the role, and he also has taken a leadership role with leaving notes for the receivers, etc....this is something I would love to see the Hawks do.

Would you like to see the Hawks do this? Or do you think we should just wait until next year?

Sac

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. Only took him a month at Wisconsin...

razgriz737

Reaction score
HawkFan72":24aowmhj said:
The Hawks have only used 1 of their 2 Captain spots on Offense (Unger) and I guess you can name someone a captain at any time.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought MRob was also a captain.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
CANHawk":1d9abe45 said:
NO! Short people make for poor leaders. Give it to Evan Moore! He's hella tall yo!

Seriously! The last a short guy was made a leader a lot of people ended up freezing in Russia!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
razgriz737":3w11hx0m said:
HawkFan72":3w11hx0m said:
The Hawks have only used 1 of their 2 Captain spots on Offense (Unger) and I guess you can name someone a captain at any time.

He's a special teams captian, I'm pretty sure.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
jlwaters1":187mctfp said:
razgriz737":187mctfp said:
HawkFan72":187mctfp said:

He's a special teams captian, I'm pretty sure.

Yup. Officially, on paper, he's a Special Teams captain.

We have used 2 on STs, 1 on D, and 1 on O. You are allowed 2 in each of the 3 categories.

seahawks08

Reaction score
here is what I was able to find from the beginning of the season..

Seattle voted on its captains for the season, electing center Max Unger on offense, defensive end Red Bryant on defense and Michael Robinson and Heath Farwell for special teams

dunceface

Reaction score
Captain The Man Russell Wilson #3...it does have a nice ring to it...

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
The Radish":1gqm0to8 said:
Why would Wilson be named captain of the Redskins?

:roll:

Isn't it obvious?

Russell Wilson is such an enigma that he is capable of bending the space-time continuum, therefore being able to be named the Team Captain of the Hawks next year, this year, and LAST YEAR, as well as being named the Team Captain of the Redskins this year.
Next year he will be named Team Captain of the Colts, as well.

Also, Russell Wilson is a Bawse.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Max Unger is a very deserving offensive captain. However, I think he will have know problem at all passing the torch to his QB next year. The QB should always be the offensive captain, especially if hes worth a damn.

LawHawk

Reaction score
I too was very surprised when he wasn't named captain at the start of the season, especially after every media person shouting for months about how he was named captain at Wisconsin only 0.06 seconds after he met his team. I took it as a sign that the offense wasn't confident he would keep the job for the whole season - from a pure ability standpoint. Now we know that he's going to keep the job, barring injury. Seems like it would be a little obvious and unnecessary at this point; I doubt it affects the locker room. But really? The QB, who has leadership qualities that no one will shut up about, and works harder than John Henry, etc. is not a captain? I say do it.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Wilson is just taking things one step at a time. Next year he will be captain.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
Captain or no Captain. It wont change Wilson. It is just a title. He will go out and lead the same way he has been. The team will hand of the "C" next year.