Bye week present

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Ahh good stuff. While all of them are great, I think my favorite is the long run by Lynch in Detroit....what a block MRob threw to spring him.

Also, for how mobile Wilson is it seems strange that he doesn't have a rushing touchdown this year.

OP
OP
12thMode

12thMode

Reaction score
Yeah Beast run against Detroit was great! When I saw that live I said, "now there's the Beast we all know!"

Also, for how mobile Wilson is it seems strange that he doesn't have a rushing touchdown this year.

Yeah IIRC he had a couple of them in Pre Season.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We have some great highlight-reel TDs this year. Much more than the last couple years it seems like.

Omahawk

Reaction score
I didn't know Golden was a lefty.
Almost all of those were exciting TDs. I think only a couple were goal line runs.
Very fun to watch. Especially for me because I haven't been able to watch most of our games stuck out here in in the Midwest where every single televised game is either the Broncos, Bears or Packers.
Thanks so much for posting this link.

dunceface

Reaction score
I work at Costco and they put the NFL Network's top 5 plays on the loop we play on the TVs and we have had 5 highlights now (blocked kick for TD against Dallas, GT vs GB, Rice TD vs Pats, Lynch 77 yd TD, and GT rec TD vs Jets)
And even more importantly only the AP run as a lowlight
Wasn't like that the last couple years, often we would be the team getting scored on...but who's keepin track anyway right?!

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
Man, it's interesting to see the evolution of Wilson in FF. In the Cardinal's game, he looked so skittish, but by the Jets game....so poised, and in command. By the end of this season, i think he will have total mastery over the offense....

Steve2222

Reaction score
The thing I love must about Wilson is that he is a threat with his legs, yet he hasn't even scratched the surface yet with how truly dangerous he can be with them. He understands that the QBs role is passer first, runner second. Something that most young scrambling type QBs seems to never get.

He'll be in the likes of Steve Young/John Elway/Jeff Garcia (in terms of dual threat ability).

12thMan1

Reaction score
I think the most exciting touchdown so far was the bomb to Rice for the win over the Patriots.

Jac

Reaction score
Amazing...that's just the first 10 games of Wilson's career! Those are quality TD throws. He look like Drew Brees there.

I hope this isn't too off topic, but contrast that (essentialy Wilson highlight) video with this RG3 highlight video. In comparison, Griffin looks so erratic and reliant on his legs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNAJODw_XUg

OP
OP
12thMode

12thMode

Reaction score
Jac":z6v4pue4 said:
I hope this isn't too off topic, but contrast that (essentialy Wilson highlight) video with this RG3 highlight video. In comparison, Griffin looks so erratic and reliant on his legs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNAJODw_XUg

I am trying my best to not be biased, but I would take Wilson over RG3 any day! Wilson looks so much more poise and calm in the pocket and only runs, and runs well for that matter, when he has no other choice. Wilson is always looking down field and rather throw it where RG3 seems like he rather run the ball. I like Wilson's accuracy better too. RG3 reminds me of a Vick Cam hybrid. We all know Wilson can run too but we don't need him to as much as it seems the Skins need RG3 to run. IDK, just going off of the comparison of both videos Wilson looks like a better QB to me!

kearly

Reaction score
RG3's footwork and throwing motion are much improved over where they were even during his record senior season. If injuries were a non-factor, I'd probably take RG3 #1 overall if the draft was redone today and I had the top pick for the Seahawks. I think Wilson is very good with a real shot at being HoF caliber, so that's no slight on him. Luck has looked better than his stats but I'd still put him 3rd in this class, for now.

The big difference between RG3 and guys like Newton and Vick is that RG3 is much much more intelligent than either of them. He makes good use of that intelligence too, and generally has smart placement of the football. He's only thrown 3 interceptions this year, and this after throwing very few interceptions his last year at Baylor. I think Luck/Wilson/RG3 will all be star QBs, but RG3 is the most likely to be a superstar QB based on what I've seen so far this season, if injuries don't stop him anyway.

Galen96

Reaction score
I think RGIII is going to be figured out... much like Cam. He just doesn't have any extended history of success. Seems very flash in the pan to me.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Honestly, I've always loved Sam Rosen and Kenny Albert as announcers. They really get excited and give Seattle their due. Ian Eagle is okay, but I keep imagining a wispy 80-year-old guy who gives it his all during games and then goes on a respirator for the rest of the week.

Chris Myers, on the other hand, is awful. His enthusiasm wanes to near-Joe Buck depths whenever the Seahawks score.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
The thing that stood out to me while watching that was just how long of passing plays many of those Wilson TD's were.

In a recent Wilson thread, Hasselbeck or one of the Wilson poo poo-ers (trying to be nice, and not call them haters) tried downplaying Wilson's TD stats compared to Hass in the Super Bowl season, by saying that Hass didn't have as many TD's because Alexander ate up so many of them. This is true, but Alexander wasn't always running them in from 20-40 yards out. The Hawks were getting close in the red zone and going with their preferred and easier option.

Wilson isn't stealing goal line TD's from Lynch and racking up a bunch of 5 yard TD passes. Wilson is getting more TD's than Lynch because he's throwing 30-40 yard scores. Wilson is a scoring threat from deep distance. This is a huge weapon in his arsenal. Something that I haven't seen people talk about. And something that I think he deserves a good deal of credit for. His deep ball is lower level deep ball is deadly accurate, and he's always looking down field (he doesn't flea the pocket and run close to as much as some people criticize him for). This ability makes the Hawks offense that much more potent.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1mibq6bq said:
The thing that stood out to me while watching that was just how long of passing plays many of those Wilson TD's were.

In a recent Wilson thread, Hasselbeck or one of the Wilson poo poo-ers (trying to be nice, and not call them haters) tried downplaying Wilson's TD stats compared to Hass in the Super Bowl season, by saying that Hass didn't have as many TD's because Alexander ate up so many of them. This is true, but Alexander wasn't always running them in from 20-40 yards out. The Hawks were getting close in the red zone and going with their preferred and easier option.

Wilson isn't stealing goal line TD's from Lynch and racking up a bunch of 5 yard TD passes. Wilson is getting more TD's than Lynch because he's throwing 30-40 yard scores. Wilson is a scoring threat from deep distance. This is a huge weapon in his arsenal. Something that I haven't seen people talk about. And something that I think he deserves a good deal of credit for. His deep ball is lower level deep ball is deadly accurate, and he's always looking down field (he doesn't flea the pocket and run close to as much as some people criticize him for). This ability makes the Hawks offense that much more potent.

Nice post, SeaTown.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Amazing! Based on the upward trajectory of RW's progression the first 10 weeks, he will be throwing 60-70-yard TD bombs by Week 14, and 80-90-yard TD bombs by Week 16! Can't wait!

Latest posts