Jaws on PTI

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Sherman the best shutdown CB in the league with Revis out. Hope we can keep him around. That is all.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Sweet. What is a max deal for a CB these days? Well over $10 mil a year right?

Seeker

Reaction score
i wonder what is going to happen when people can't just avoid him anymore becuase WT3 is back and they can't just pass it on Tru?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Seeker":27a65rm0 said:
i wonder what is going to happen when people can't just avoid him anymore becuase WT3 is back and they can't just pass it on Tru?

Then they're just gonna run the ball all over us, based on the last few games.

let's hope Russell runs the score up early.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seeker":1n2viu6q said:
Someone please show me a stat that shows how horribly Tru is playing

hawksman53

Reaction score
I love the respect but I dont want how good these guys we have are getting out there so we dont have to pay big money to keep them!!

OP
OP
hedgehawk

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1ybazrb9 said:
Sweet. What is a max deal for a CB these days? Well over $10 mil a year right?

I believe Revis and Asomugha (sp?) Make 16 million per year as the highest paid CBs this year. I don't know how the contracts are structured though.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2jw5t981 said:
Seeker":2jw5t981 said:

Then they're just gonna run the ball all over us, based on the last few games.

let's hope Russell runs the score up early.

Don't be silly, run it all over us? We gave up less than 90 yards to the Jet's on Sunday, how is that horrible? Adrian Peterson is the best back in the league, we won't face another back like him all year.

two dog

Reaction score
Jaws is one of the talking heads that doesn't bother me....most of the time.

He was really talking up Geno Smith last year when very few were.

While it's nice for Seahawks, inc. to have one of the best corners in the league
for about a nickel a year, a day of fiscal reckoning is comin' my brotha'.

irocdave

Reaction score
What happens when Thurmond is ready to come back? He was our best corner before being injured....

TestMo1337

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2kmq8fgp said:
Seeker":2kmq8fgp said:
Agreed.

Tru is our 3rd CB which means he's rotating between the slot, 1st or 2nd TE, RB/FB, or a WR in motion. Trufant is still a solid tackler and while he's far from his Pro-Bowl peak, he's hardly the problem with our secondary.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
sammyc521":1uomkaa3 said:
-The Glove-":1uomkaa3 said:
Seeker":1uomkaa3 said:
Agreed.

Tru is our 3rd CB which means he's rotating between the slot, 1st or 2nd TE, RB/FB, or a WR in motion. Trufant is still a solid tackler and while he's far from his Pro-Bowl peak, he's hardly the problem with our secondary.

I'd say overall our secondary dosn't have a problem but if you had to point to a weakness it's got to be Tru, he is just not as qucik as he use to be and he doesn't look as comfortable in the slot but I'm sure his leadership is valuable and makes up for his lack of speed/quickness with experience

hawksfan515

Reaction score
sammyc521":36t1dl84 said:
-The Glove-":36t1dl84 said:
Seeker":36t1dl84 said:
Agreed.

If our secondary has problems, then I must not know about them.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Have you all forgotten our terrible 3rd-down rate on Defense? They've played great the past few games but to say that it wasn't a problem when teams like Detroit were converting their 3rd and Longs all day was a problem.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
sammyc521":knoxrlci said:
Have you all forgotten our terrible 3rd-down rate on Defense? They've played great the past few games but to say that it wasn't a problem when teams like Detroit were converting their 3rd and Longs all day was a problem.

Ugh ruin my day

kearly

Reaction score
I hope the pro-bowl voters get the memo. I realize that it's easy to be overlooked up here, but jeez. Sherman isn't just one of the very best corners in the league- he's trolling Tom Brady and poking fun at Calvin Johnson. He's getting interviews left and right. And yet Tony Cornheiser said "who?" regarding Sherman a few weeks ago. And this is after he was the one member of our secondary not to make the pro-bowl last year despite beng the best member of it. Frankly, I'm amazed how under the radar Sherman has remained.

So good for Jaws. He may seem like an idiot to some (my brother hates him), but at least he isn't blind to Sherman's productivity.

kearly

Reaction score
sammyc521":3guxvyaq said:

Well, it might have been a fixable problem, and Pete's a fixer. Let's see how things look the rest of the way.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
sammyc521":1a175oqi said:

Jason Jones being out was a big reason we were having problems with our D-line during that period.
Scruggs as well.

When we have a full rotation, this squad gets real good.