Some very nice play breakdowns by Fieldgulls

hawksfan515

Reaction score
EDIT: Updated with an amazing article on the zone blocking scheme by Mike Chan. He is one of Fieldgulls most talented writers, and I really recommend reading this:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/11/24/36 ... ed-part-iv

With the ZBS, it's a totally different story.

The first step that every O-Line takes in pass protection is actually flat and not angled:

The 27 yard screen pass to Lynch on 2nd and 15.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/11/14/36 ... creen-pass

The one thing I didn't originally notice about this play though is the excellent head and pump fake that Russell Wilson managed to execute, moving the safety to the playside all the way over to the wrong side of the field.

And the TD to Sidney Rice thrown by Russell Wilson.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/11/15/36 ... fun-profit

The high safety (37) is now on an island and Russell Wilson does his job. This is the definition of "looking-off-safety". Wilson's entire upper body, head-to-hips, is pointed directly at 37. His lower body, conveniently hidden from view, is setup to throw to the intended target.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/11/16/36 ... -huge-game

"[Afterwords], coach was like, 'man, how did you remember that?' and I was like, 'well, you told me to play it like that!'

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/11/15/36 ... hawn-lynch

I mentioned in the last article that Cable prefers running Wide Zone plays versus Tight Zone plays, but then again my last article was in the offseason and there's no doubt that with another year of experience, the playbook opened up.

Another one to come soon on this play. I think I'll just post it in this thread as well.

iNT5afEyAAGK2.gif

ivotuk

Reaction score
Man that flip by Wilson when he was about to get pummeled was ice-cold accurate. Amazing play by the rookie. And the look-off, pump-fake was awesome too. Glad he's our Quarterback.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The thing about Tate is he plays big. When he was at Notre Dame, he always seemed to go up and get it, even being at his height. Reminds me of Steve Smith, although Smith is much more physical.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
his little giggle at the end makes him look like a punk. Wish he would come up with something a little more befitting him.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3c6rdfvt said:
his little giggle at the end makes him look like a punk. Wish he would come up with something a little more befitting him.

How's that make him look like a punk?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3prgayf7 said:

He should pull out a smart phone and log onto a forum so he can find something negative to say about everything he reads.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3bwk9syl said:
Tech Worlds":3bwk9syl said:

It is a matter of perspective. To me it does. But I was always from the school of thought that you act like you been there before.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":e7vubi0l said:
Tech Worlds":e7vubi0l said:

He should pull out a smart phone and log onto a forum so he can find something negative to say about everything he reads.

yes, and I know someone who i am sure would inspire him.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2u878pmy said:
-The Glove-":2u878pmy said:
Tech Worlds":2u878pmy said:

It is a matter of perspective. To me it does. But I was always from the school of thought that you act like you been there before.
I agree. That's what Emmitt Smith used to always say and I respected him a hell of a lot for it.

pehawk

Reaction score
This thread made me laugh a few times. Bravo!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I loved the screen to Lynch. Like long running plays, screens are usually easy for defenses to muck up - just vaguely get in the way - and so it's on the entire offense to sell the play and draw the defense in. Seattle does that here. Not just Wilson, but the offensive line brings just enough mustard on their blocking, waits just that crucial beat before breaking and heading downfield, to convince the defense of "deep pass" and trap them in their rush. It's actually pretty risky the extra time they take to let the play develop - Wilson almost gets sacked. But it works. Offensive lines of Seattle teams past would offer a perfunctory, hasty chest punch and then hurry downfield in an obvious screen attempt that even Aaron Curry could sniff out.

jman316

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2jfzv9ky said:

I believe he was playing on the fact tat he'd dressed up as goldilocks for Halloween (Wilson, his wife and Tate's gf were the 3 bears).
russell-wilson-bear-golden-tate-goldilocks.jpg

I thought it made him look effeminate and didn't like it on the field.

As for Wison, he is just going to continue to amaze us.
Nice to know our QB position will be a treat to watch for the next decade.

Latest posts