Sherman not in top 5 pro-bowl fan voting.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • WTF? Are there five better corners in the league? I don't think so.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• Who are the players with more votes than him?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Sando has an article up on ESPN.com. He lists Finnegan and Patrick Peterson as those getting more votes than Sherman. The others must be from outside the NFC West.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• this is upsetting , guess i should better keep voting because the dude absolutly is a pro-bowler
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

• Name recognition. Isn't this just the fans only part? I thought the players and coaches voted toward the end of the season so this part is only a popularity vote. Though the players and coaches are not too much better with this. Sucks for Sherman not being on a named team.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Fans only count for 1/3 of the vote. The other is voted by the players and then coaches.

Fans are dumb, but at least they don't have total control like other leagues.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Could it be he messed with the Golden Boy? And he's on the team that messed with America's team (Packers, not Cowgirls)?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• same thing that happened with ET last year.... he wasn't in the couple until the coaches voted .... then he was the starter... just wait.
    rightbench
    NET Veteran

• rightbench wrote:same thing that happened with ET last year.... he wasn't in the couple until the coaches voted .... then he was the starter... just wait.

yup this exactly. Coaches and players know whats up. Fans vote for the guys on their team only for the most part, and then after that they go on name recognition...Troy Polamalu is leading his position in the AFC and hasn't even played in half of his team's games for example.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• It just means that Seahawks fans aren't voting as much as other team's fans.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• I'm sure Jennings & Tillman from the Bears are the other two. They're both having good seasons.
    We have not come here by chance. I do not believe in chance. I do not see coincidence,
    I see providence. I see purpose. I believe it our fate to be here. It is our destiny.
    BBlades89
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I would be surprised of the entire secondary doesnt end up in Hawaii somehow this year. The only way they don't is......
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:I would be surprised of the entire secondary doesnt end up in Hawaii somehow this year. The only way they don't is......

Exactly, let's hope for none of them in Hawaii :th2thumbs:
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• Guess I need to vote more. But then again, :common069:
    Claden
    NET Rookie

• Yea, i'm not sure why anybody would be surprised by this. The Seahawk fan base is probably relatively small compared to most.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I haven't watched a Pro Bowl in 10 years.Is it as dumb now as it was then?
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• djb28 wrote:I haven't watched a Pro Bowl in 10 years.Is it as dumb now as it was then?

Its worse. In the old days they at least pretended to be trying. Last year they almost got boo'd off the field due to lack of effort.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• djb great avitar!
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• In what world is Finnegan better than Sherman?
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• Pstark3 wrote:In what world is Finnegan better than Sherman?

In the general fan world :roll:
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• I don't even follow Pro Bowl's any more. I did when i was a kid in the 80's. I just wanted to hear Largent's name called one more time.

I checked it out for about a minute last year (or the year before) when everyone was running so slow, that I think I could have played with those guys (that's pretty bad). I really feel like it is disgusting that they even play it. Just vote the teams and forget the game.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

• Starrman44 wrote:I don't even follow Pro Bowl's any more. I did when i was a kid in the 80's. I just wanted to hear Largent's name called one more time.

I checked it out for about a minute last year (or the year before) when everyone was running so slow, that I think I could have played with those guys (that's pretty bad). I really feel like it is disgusting that they even play it. Just vote the teams and forget the game.

You know who was trying and playing hard last year at the pro-bowl? Brandon Browner.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• Wasn't he the one that got burned for a TD?--never mind
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• This is why I hated it when they started letting fans vote on which players made it to the Pro Bowl. Fans are often stupid and will vote for their own guys over more deserving guys.

"Roman Harper? Damn straight he's better than all those other NFC safties! He's a SAINT! Who Dat!"

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• volsunghawk wrote:This is why I hated it when they started letting fans vote on which players made it to the Pro Bowl. Fans are often stupid and will vote for their own guys over more deserving guys.

"Roman Harper? Damn straight he's better than all those other NFC safties! He's a SAINT! Who Dat!"

Did YOU vote for any non-Seahawks? I didn't. Not on any positions where a Seahawk had a chance to get in.

I kind of wonder where we're seeing a popularity blowback against the Seahawks from the country. We've beaten the Cowboys, the Packers, AND the Patriots - all three of "America's Teams" - and been very physical and outspoken (not to mention controversial) in doing so. A lot of bandwagoners out there were never gonna like that.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:This is why I hated it when they started letting fans vote on which players made it to the Pro Bowl. Fans are often stupid and will vote for their own guys over more deserving guys.

Did YOU vote for any non-Seahawks? I didn't. Not on any positions where a Seahawk had a chance to get in.

I kind of wonder where we're seeing a popularity blowback against the Seahawks from the country. We've beaten the Cowboys, the Packers, AND the Patriots - all three of "America's Teams" - and been very physical and outspoken (not to mention controversial) in doing so. A lot of bandwagoners out there were never gonna like that.

Yes. Yes, I did. Mostly in the AFC, of course, but I tried to vote for who I thought was best at the position. I'm sure some Seahawk bias crept in at some positions, but not a whole lot. I think I voted for pretty much the entire SF O-line.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Sherman was the NFC defensive player of the week .
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• i don't know why anyone is suprised by this... did i miss something or did the seahawks actually start getting respect from the rest of the country... how any of our db's got in the pro bowl last year is beyond me,, (not that they didn't deserve it. but we get zero notice out here)... i'd say wait and let's see who's in after the players and coaches vote.. hopefully they'll be too busy to play in that game anyway.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:how any of our db's got in the pro bowl last year is beyond me

They were mostly injury replacements, save Thomas.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Does it really matter? Sherman's going to have to skip the Pro Bowl because the Super Bowl is the week after, if you know what I'm sayin'.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:Does it really matter? Sherman's going to have to skip the Pro Bowl because the Super Bowl is the week after, if you know what I'm sayin'.

It would be pretty classy for Tom Brady to give Sherman one of his tickets.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• drdiags wrote:Name recognition. Isn't this just the fans only part? I thought the players and coaches voted toward the end of the season so this part is only a popularity vote. Though the players and coaches are not too much better with this. Sucks for Sherman not being on a named team.

Yes, the voting is done by players and coaches later. I believe the teams are announced the last week of December.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Pstark3 wrote:In what world is Finnegan better than Sherman?

In a world where fans are allowed to vote.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Watching the pro-bowl doesnt matter , I would rather see a 4 v 4 flag football tournament but thats besides the point

Pro-bowl is just something you can say about the players on your team. which is always nice.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

• superbowl champion has a much better ring to it than probowler, to me anyways...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• I have no doubt he'll be a Pro Bowl starter and make All Pro.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• It's a good thing the fan vote isn't the be all end all.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• This is a travesty and a sham and a mockery

ITS A TRAVASHAMOCKERY!
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information