Tuinei is Back....

Basis4day

Reaction score
BGHawk":276rqzlz said:
I really dont care about Tuinei. Bates, Kearse..they do nothing for us. GO HAWKS

Way to support our PS

Hawks46

Reaction score
I would've thought they would keep Bates on the PS. Wasn't he a QB in college ? That would keep in line with all those WR end around passes, and would also help us with all the running QBs in the league now on the scout squad.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":3tdglwlb said:
I would've thought they would keep Bates on the PS. Wasn't he a QB in college ? That would keep in line with all those WR end around passes, and would also help us with all the running QBs in the league now on the scout squad.

We have Portis on the practice squad to play the opposing team's running qb if we need it.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
BGHawk":1i6t38wc said:
I really dont care about Tuinei. Bates, Kearse..they do nothing for us. GO HAWKS

Look -- some of us are bottom of the roster geeks. We know it doesn't really matter but we just care anyway. Leave us alone.

BGHawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2u83giif said:
BGHawk":2u83giif said:

Look -- some of us are bottom of the roster geeks. We know it doesn't really matter but we just care anyway. Leave us alone.

well..I do hope they improve,..I doubt they contribute this year tho..srry to offend

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
BGHawk":3czrmukv said:
Hawkstorian":3czrmukv said:
BGHawk":3czrmukv said:

well..I do hope they improve,..I doubt they contribute this year tho..srry to offend

Ideally you don't want the practice squad guys to contribute THIS year. That would mean too many injuries (such as the reason Kearse got called up). What you want to see out of the Practice squad are a group of guys with the potential to make a difference in the future.

MOCHawk

Reaction score
This guy approves:

tim_meadows.jpg

hawksfan515

Reaction score
BGHawk":3gzcdt9j said:

Giacomini was a practice squad guy, and look at him now! Instead of being a scrub on the practice squad, he's a scrub starting at right tackle! :lol:

hawker84

Reaction score
i second that emotion ( sung in the soultry stylings of the temptations ).. giacomini = grrrrrrrrrrrrr

SharkHawk

Reaction score
The PS very much DOES matter. Who do you think has to come in and mimic guys when our starters sit out practices to be saved for games? PS guys. Who do you think has to play the part of a certain player on another team? PS guys. Who do you think takes a beating week in and week out and are completely uncredited for all of the work they do day in and day out? PS guys. They don't even have the opportunity to sit out a practice if they have a pulled hammy or sprained ankle, because they will get released and replaced within a matter of minutes to have somebody else out on the practice field.

I remember a year not too long ago where Gibran Hamdan was playing the part of an opposing team's QB, was playing as our primary WR during the practice receiver because he was the only healthy guy who knew all the routes that Matt could throw to in order to stay sharp, and was also I think holding on kicks that week. He was the busiest guy on the field, and was doing it for about 1/100th of what some other guys were making.

I think PS players are vastly underappreciated, especially when they jump up and become starters. I care about Tuinei, because my guess is he's playing the part of Sidney Rice in practice due to his similarities in size and wanting Sidney to be able to work on the abbreviated practice schedule to avoid injuries this late in the season, since he will be needed this late in the season especially. I am assuming he's also getting a look as a possible pass catching TE and there is every chance that Moore gets released. This could be a pretty big move, as the team is showing that they are taking a long look at different ball catchers and trying to create the right mix of guys. This is a good idea. We could always use another redzone threat, and if somebody goes down injured, I wouldn't be scared to put him into a game right away. Like Russ Wilson, he's played in some pretty big games at the college level and has a lot of experience and is in football shape now. With Obo out, Baldwin hurting, Moore doing nothing, etc. then this could be huge to just add another guy for Russ to throw to throughout practice weeks or to play the part of Marshall and Fitz on the scout team as we lead into two huge games.