Sherman is NFC Defensive Player of the Week

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pro Bowler Richard Sherman has a good ring to it, no?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Aros":1a8un6la said:

If he keeps up this rate, I'm not sure how you can keep him out of first team all-pro. Maybe a Bears CB could sneak in above him, but if both the Bears CB's slip in above him, or some other CB, I'm gonna be pissed. He deserves this.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Aros":hxncts9j said:

It does. And that would mean each of our four starting DBs would have made the Pro Bowl in the last two seasons.

INCREDIBLE.

Somewhere, the ghost of Kelly Jennings is angry.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
As a side note, that article sucks. Grammatical errors, factual mistakes (we beat the Patriots IN New England?). Is that writer getting paid? Where can I apply?

And yes, well done Sherman.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I dunno. He didn't return an interception to the house. Needs to get on that if he *REALLY* wants to earn the honors. ;)

kidhawk

Reaction score
I guess this means I should leave up my recent addition Richard Sherman Wallpaper for my desktop?

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
kidhawk":3dohr0td said:
I guess this means I should leave up my recent addition Richard Sherman Wallpaper for my desktop?
Care to post it in the multimedia forum please? I just googled "Richard Sherman wallpaper" and over half of the pictures aren't even him... did find this though and thought it was funny. He even goes all out throwing T-shirts!
seahawks_780_120708.jpg

ivotuk

Reaction score
Loved this: "As long as his play stays at a high level, Sherman will be able to talk all he wants. Right now, it looks like he’ll be able to talk all season."

djb28

Reaction score
He is on NFL AM tomorrow morning NFL Network

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3er3nv8j said:
As a side note, that article sucks. Grammatical errors, factual mistakes (we beat the Patriots IN New England?). Is that writer getting paid? Where can I apply? ...
That wasn't the author of the article, it was a comment responding to the article...from a 49er's fan, so no suprise there really. :shock:

CANHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1acb7prl said:
Way to go Dick!

He's 6'3", so doesn't that make him Big Dick? And I also hear he enjoys the music of Michael Buble, so that would make him a Big Swinging Dick, no?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
gtcotcakya":1sv4dvvb said:
That wasn't the author of the article, it was a comment responding to the article...from a 49er's fan, so no suprise there really. :shock:

No, it wasn't. The 49ers comment said it also, but it was in the article. I saw it earlier, now it's not there; it has since been corrected.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2xqv0wwh said:
Pay the man!

They are. Too bad he's not making first round money.... but those are the breaks. He hasn't played an entire season yet. He's played a total of 20 games I believe over the course of 2 seasons. I'm sure he's in line for a nice raise, but many others have had a nice first full season and done little else.

One thing I'd like to see Sherm do is bulk up. He doesn't even weigh in at 200 lbs. That's so skinny. I'm 6'1" and was a decent athlete in my day (no Richard Sherman of course) and at 185 I was breaking down all the time once I hit about 26 or 27 years of age. I had to get up to about 205 to make it through a season of anything. I'd rather see him pick up 10 pounds this offseason and fill out a bit more like Browner has done since he left OSU. Browner has done it and maintained his speed and I have no fear that he's going to get broken in half.

On another Sherman note...... has anybody else wondered if they've ever drawn up and practiced a play with him lined up at WR? He's basically the same size as Sidney Rice and his adjustment to the ball in the air is something that he obviously picked up as a WR in his early college career. I think it would be fun to see him in on a play or two a game at WR like how Darren Woodson used to be used when he was a young CB (and not an old safety like he is now). :) I think Sherman would be a better offensive weapon or decoy for us than Tebow is for the Jets.... but then again, maybe Red Bryant would be too. Now that we've had Sidney and Golden throw TD's, it's time for M-Rob to get in on the act since he's a natural QB and Marshawn to throw one. I don't think he has since he was on the Bills. Everybody has a TD throw but Flynn. Ouch. :(

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Look how bulking up worked for Lofa, Shark. Just sayin'. I'm not confident it's for everyone, especially at the cornerback position.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkaholic":2btdhnqn said:
kidhawk":2btdhnqn said:
Care to post it in the multimedia forum please?

I'll look around and see if I can find it. It was actually a part of a large bunch the .com site put out before the season. If I find them online I'll post them, otherwise, you can leave me an PM with your email and I can send it to you.

EDIT: I found a thread on this topic already posted there viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47729