More Russell Wilson Love From Cold Hard Football Facts

Sac

Reaction score
Good read.

We don't do feel-good stories here at the Cold, Hard Football Facts.

We serve hard facts to men who want to get drunk on the truth.

And the reality is that the biggest individual story in football is going largely unheralded, at least relative to the hype that surrounds Luck and that overwhelmed Robert Griffin III early in the season.

The biggest story in football is that a charismatic but under-sized 5-foot, 11-inch, 205-pound, third-round draft pick who makes chump change by NFL standards (about $750,000 this year) is in the midst of perhaps the greatest streak of rookie performances in NFL history.

That player is Russel Wilson, QB for the Seattle Seahawks.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... far/19228/

Edited by radish

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
That's a winning performance in any era. And since 2010 players with a passer rating of 130.0 or better are 78-2.

Wilson now owns three of the four highest-rated performances by a rookie QB this season and four of the top six – and he did it Sunday against one of the best pass defenses in football.

Ya, I like those sentences.

And the statement about watching ESPN rings very true.

And this is awesome:

Here are the top 10 rookie performances of 2012:

1. Griffin III (at NO): 19 of 26, 320 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 139.9 rating

2. Wilson (vs. NE): 16 of 27, 293 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 133.7 rating

3. Wilson (vs. NYJ): 12 of 19, 188 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 131.0 rating

4. Wilson (vs. MIN): 16 of 24, 173 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 127.3 rating

5. Weeden (at CIN): 26 of 37, 322 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 114.9 rating

6. Wilson (vs. DAL): 15 of 20, 151 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 112.7 rating

Veilside

Reaction score
I very, very rarely post on Facebook, but that I had to share.

Awesome seeing our rookie QB getting the recognition he deserves.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
He's putting quite a lot of stock in passer rating....

I'm not sure he watched the Jets game though. Russell was money in the 2nd, but his first.... not so much. And you never can really have a good performance when you fumble and it gets returned for a TD or you get a pick 6....

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hawksfan515":ro8l45xy said:
And you never can really have a good performance when you fumble and it gets returned for a TD or you get a pick 6....

Actually, I think that's exactly what happened.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3t5bo3nc said:
hawksfan515":3t5bo3nc said:
And you never can really have a good performance when you fumble and it gets returned for a TD or you get a pick 6....

Actually, I think that's exactly what happened.

Exactly. Do you know what happened to RW after that fumble? Not a damn thing. He brushed himself off and then destroyed the Jets with efficient passing and smart scrambling.

The fact that a rookie QB can go "meh, $hit happens" and then go back out like it was nothing is badass.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3aqwzrik said:
He's putting quite a lot of stock in passer rating....

I'm not sure he watched the Jets game though. Russell was money in the 2nd, but his first.... not so much. And you never can really have a good performance when you fumble and it gets returned for a TD or you get a pick 6....

In none of the 4 games listed above did he have a pick 6. Infact he has just 1 of those and that was against Carolina. So far he's had 2 TD's directly as a result of his play. How many did T-Jack have last year? I recall a sack fumble for a TD against the Bears last year. Did TJ have any Pick-6 thrown last year? Can't recall.

But in any case, all QB's throw picks and fumble the ball. I'm not going to kill the guy for his uncharacteristic antsyness in the pocket. There was several times I was shouting for him to throw it away. But I have significantly more confidence in RW than I did for TJ last year and Hasslebeck the year before.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
Veilside":1v5h9pwz said:
I very, very rarely post on Facebook, but that I had to share.

Awesome seeing our rookie QB getting the recognition he deserves.

I just did the same thing

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Great read, glad to see some recognition. Can't wait to see how this guy and the rest of the season progresses.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Terrific article. Now I'd just like to see him attempting 25-30 passes a game. Hopefully over this last 6 weeks we A) give Russell more throws and B) give Turbin more touches. I love Lynch, but we need to save him and pounding him 27 times is too much. They should keep him at 20 and get Turbin 5-7 carries and Washington needs 3-5 carries as well. I though he brought a different dimension with his slashing style.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Excellent article.

Zeb, what is that pink thing that dolphin is sucking on? Bubble gum? Blow pop? Pink Cigar?

ivotuk

Reaction score

renofox

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1zmtl5zx said:
Terrific article. Now I'd just like to see him attempting 25-30 passes a game...

I wouldn't like to see that at all.

PC wants ground and pound, and that's what we'll see as long as the Seahawks are leading. If he's throwing that many passes it probably means the Seahawks are behind and trying to come back.

I'll take 20 passes/game with lots of W's. :D