Tebow has no idea what's coming...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Tebow has no idea what's coming...
Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:18 am
  • Tim Tebow thinks most stadiums in the SEC are louder than NFL stadiums, and apparently, by extension, are louder than CLink.

“They’re fast, explosive, they get up the field, the quarterback has to be ready to step up, move in the pocket,” said Tim Tebow, more concerned about the Seahawks than their crowd, saying he thought LSU was a louder environment. “They have a lot of great athletes. ...They usually get quarterbacks flustered with their speed,’’

I’ve never been to Seattle, but college stadiums compared to the NFL, there’s not much of a comparison. Pretty much most of the SEC places are a lot louder.’’

Mark Sanchez will not be the only Jets QB to be rattled on Sunday. IMHO.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Re: Tebow has no idea what's coming...
Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:51 am
  • That's just a stupid thing to say......
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:55 am
  • I really hope he gets hit sticked on Sunday, I hate that man
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:59 am
  • His deafening awaits.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:33 am
  • I want to see blood...from his ears!
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:49 am
  • ****My Twitter Message to @TimTebow****

@TimTebow Thanks for the quote about our crowd noise. That was stupid. Seahawks Season Ticket Holder Section 117. #GETYOUREARPLUGSREADY
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:23 am
  • I have to say - I hope the noise is significantly better than last week. The crowd against the Vikings was pretty flat for the most part.

It was probably the quietest game I've ever attended (quiet in relative terms, of course).
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:46 am
  • I hope he breaks loose on a run and gets absolutely erased by Browner. I think I'd actually fear getting hit by Browner more than I would from Chancellor. Either that or Mebane just comes through and crushes him out behind the LOS.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:56 am
  • Well, most SEC stadiums seat 20k-30k more people also.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:08 am
  • taz291819 wrote:Well, most SEC stadiums seat 20k-30k more people also.

exactly, most people would assume that those stadiums would be louder... you have to experience our stadium before you can understand it.
    Hawkaholic
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:10 am
  • I'd imagine he's probably right. 12th man aint what it used to be. How many false starts have we caused this year, 2 or 3? Teams have gotten better at dealing with it (and i dont think its nearly as loud as it was back in 2005-2008ish.)

Quite honestly i dont expect the crowd to be a factor at all, our team will kick their ass just because theyre a better team.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:36 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Quite honestly i dont expect the crowd to be a factor at all, our team will kick their ass just because theyre a better team.

Which should be like an intravenous shot of caffeine to #12, right?
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:47 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:I have to say - I hope the noise is significantly better than last week. The crowd against the Vikings was pretty flat for the most part.

It was probably the quietest game I've ever attended (quiet in relative terms, of course).

I noticed the same thing, the loudness for GB, Patriots, Dallas games were awesome. The Vikings game was very mellow in comparison, I wonder is it the opponent, the quick touchdown they scored or was it just cold, not sure what happened, there were many sections empty after the opening kickoff, and by the last 2 minutes, everyone left. Its so uncharateristic of Clink, hope the crowd is energized for this one.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:57 am
  • I'm not sure why it would matter. He probably won't see the field anyway. Tho if he does, I will welcome him with my voice as loudly as possible.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:57 am
  • seahawks08 wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:I have to say - I hope the noise is significantly better than last week. The crowd against the Vikings was pretty flat for the most part.

I noticed the same thing, the loudness for GB, Patriots, Dallas games were awesome. The Vikings game was very mellow in comparison, I wonder is it the opponent, the quick touchdown they scored or was it just cold, not sure what happened, there were many sections empty after the opening kickoff, and by the last 2 minutes, everyone left. Its so uncharateristic of Clink, hope the crowd is energized for this one.

Probably coming off of 2 disappointing losses in a row was a buzzkill
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:04 am
  • 100,000 seat stadiums that are filled with yokels from states that have no professional sports to speak of, playing against the Heisman friend of Jesus and his Championship team, are pretty damn loud.

70,000 seat stadiums watching the Jets offense self destruct and circle the bottom of the crapper, not so much.

I hope Sanchez plays his usual game vs the Hawks and Rex pulls him. Tebow will be ripped to shreds vs. our Defense at the Clink.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:22 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:I have to say - I hope the noise is significantly better than last week. The crowd against the Vikings was pretty flat for the most part.

I blame Detlef
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:29 am
  • i know this is a awkward first post. But I'm a Die hard Seahawks fan, and LSU fan.
    I've been to two Seahawks games and 3 LSU games.

The Seahawks games were consistently loud through out the entire game, for the most part.
    But LSU games. when they get to the points where the fans get loud, Tiger Stadium cant be touched by the ClLink.
    But by all means, i would LOVE for people going to the game to get upset and prove me wrong. Make my TV shake so Timmy will be shaking on the sideline too :twisted: :thirishdrinkers:
    Shadyhawk182
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:47 am
  • Give it a rest guys...He made an honest assessment- that on a whole, SEC stadiums that hold 90,000 are louder than NFL stadiums- that's probably true. He never said anything about Seattle specifically. It doesn't really matter, anyways as the only way he will be behind C is if Sanchez gets hurt or for 3 gimmick plays.

How could you hate Tim Tebow? I cannot respect anyone who hates someone like Tebow. All he does is work hard, compete, have an exceptional attitude, bring his teammates up..That Denver team last year was awful before he took over. I'm not saying he is a good QB but his intangibles are off the charts.

In a lot of ways Tebow has comparable intangibles to our QB, RW. If the reason you hate Tebow is because he has a strong faith in God, then you should also hate Russell Wilson as well. Wilson tweets a daily bible verse almost every day. Also, he visits sick kids much like Wilson does...I'm sorry, I just can't fathom how you could "HATE" Tim Tebow.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:56 am
  • lukerguy wrote:Give it a rest guys...He made an honest assessment- that on a whole, SEC stadiums that hold 90,000 are louder than NFL stadiums- that's probably true. He never said anything about Seattle specifically. It doesn't really matter, anyways as the only way he will be behind C is if Sanchez gets hurt or for 3 gimmick plays.

How could you hate Tim Tebow? I cannot respect anyone who hates someone like Tebow. All he does is work hard, compete, have an exceptional attitude, bring his teammates up..That Denver team last year was awful before he took over. I'm not saying he is a good QB but his intangibles are off the charts.

In a lot of ways Tebow has comparable intangibles to our QB, RW. If the reason you hate Tebow is because he has a strong faith in God, then you should also hate Russell Wilson as well. Wilson tweets a daily bible verse almost every day. Also, he visits sick kids much like Wilson does...I'm sorry, I just can't fathom how you could "HATE" Tim Tebow.

Thank you, and I agree 100%. Haters gonna hate.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:00 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:Give it a rest guys...He made an honest assessment- that on a whole, SEC stadiums that hold 90,000 are louder than NFL stadiums- that's probably true. He never said anything about Seattle specifically. It doesn't really matter, anyways as the only way he will be behind C is if Sanchez gets hurt or for 3 gimmick plays.

I agree. Tebow is an awesome athlete ... its just the position he chooses to play and the media hype that is the bother.

But whatever motivates the crowd to lose its voice. Although I kind of think the reason the Clink wasn't as loud last week is partially because AP is awesome enough to generate respect for what he can do. I would imagine if it had come down to a final defensive stand or something, the crowd noise would have been epic.
    madbohem
    NET Rookie

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:04 pm
  • Man screw all this, Tebow is a chump!!!!!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:47 pm
  • How on earth can you hate Tebow? unless you suffer from some sort of Christophobia.....
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:05 pm
  • I have attended an Alabama game in Tuscaloosa. It wasn't anywhere near as loud as CLink. And it seats 101,000.

Tebow has no clue.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:14 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I'd imagine he's probably right. 12th man aint what it used to be. How many false starts have we caused this year, 2 or 3? Teams have gotten better at dealing with it (and i dont think its nearly as loud as it was back in 2005-2008ish.).

This is true. At the game last week they flashed the false start chart that they have since the stadium has been open basically. Seattle was ahead of Minnesota by only 1! The lead used to be huge. It's crazy just how much the # of false starts has gone down over the years. I think the biggest difference is it doesn't catch teams off guard like it used to. Teams used to come here not even thinking it would be a factor. Now for the most part, they know what's up, and practice accordingly.

Still think Tebow is an idiot. How true to character is the guy whose glory days were playing in the SEC, idolized like a golden god, winning championships, to continue to live in the past and act as if the SEC is the end all be all. Really funny. I hope we shut down Sanchez so bad that they replace him with Tebow, and he actually has to play QB against us with our crowd. And not just on a bunch of random trick plays.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:36 pm
  • Chukarhawk wrote:How on earth can you hate Tebow? unless you suffer from some sort of Christophobia.....

uhh what??

Not even, dudes just phoney. He's been that way since his fame at Florida when he was crying after getting stomped out by Alabama, I just don't like him. His ego won't even let him have a productive career in the NFL, dude wants to be a QB and he's absolute trash at it. So to me, I don't wanna hear this good guy stuff. He visits kids in the hospital? thats honorable and cool and all, but its not going to make me a fan of his.

I'm tired of hearing about and from him, I'm tired of seeing him. The way he's been turned into this idol is sickening, its almost as if some people really worship this clown.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:44 pm
  • Hawkaholic wrote:
    taz291819 wrote:Well, most SEC stadiums seat 20k-30k more people also.

exactly, most people would assume that those stadiums would be louder... you have to experience our stadium before you can understand it.

:13: on both accounts.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Tebow hate has nothing personal to do with Tebow himself. It's about all the talking heads at ESPN performing fellatio on the guy since he was a RS Freshman. 90% of America was sick of Tebow before he ever thought about declaring for the NFL Draft.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:46 pm
  • I hate Tebow because he lied about being a virgin.
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:51 pm
  • dunceface wrote:I hate Tebow because he lied about being a virgin.

He sure acts like one.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:52 pm
  • I hate Tebow because he's dating Camilla Belle. That's one of my future baby mamas.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:10 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    dunceface wrote:I hate Tebow because he lied about being a virgin.

He sure acts like one.

Hahaha he does too
    But he's still lying
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:50 pm
  • dunceface wrote:I hate Tebow because he lied about being a virgin.

How would you know?
    H4WKSF4N
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:57 pm
  • I don't understand how anyone can hate Tebow.

Now Tebowmania... that is EASY to hate.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:27 am
  • H4WKSF4N wrote:

How would you know?

Jesus told me
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:59 am
  • Chukarhawk wrote:How on earth can you hate Tebow? unless you suffer from some sort of Christophobia.....

Because he's quite possibly the worst QB to have started for half a season in a long time. His numbers were HORRIFIC, yet everyone was talking like he was some pro-bowler. Completing less than 50% of your passes and leading the league in 3 and outs meant nothing to a media that fell all over themselves worshipping him.

It made me sick. If it weren't for their defense playing out of their minds they wouldn't have won a thing. It's hard to win when you can barely score 17 points a game.

That's why I can't stand the guy. He get's way too much credit for what Denver did last year...
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:52 pm
  • It's not Christophobia to hate Tebow, it IS, however, Christophilia to worship such a craptastic QB the way some people do.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:51 pm
  • H4WKSF4N wrote:

How would you know?

Because Dunceface told me that he's the one that took Tebows virginity away, and what reason would he have to lie about that :16: :16: :16: :16: :16:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:13 pm
  • jlwaters1 wrote:
    Chukarhawk wrote:How on earth can you hate Tebow? unless you suffer from some sort of Christophobia.....

Because he's quite possibly the worst QB to have started for half a season in a long time. His numbers were HORRIFIC, yet everyone was talking like he was some pro-bowler. Completing less than 50% of your passes and leading the league in 3 and outs meant nothing to a media that fell all over themselves worshipping him.

It made me sick. If it weren't for their defense playing out of their minds they wouldn't have won a thing. It's hard to win when you can barely score 17 points a game.

That's why I can't stand the guy. He get's way too much credit for what Denver did last year...

Have you ever heard of something called intangibles? Leadership skills that inspire BELIEF (the most powerful thing a football team can have)
    They were 1-4 without him, and on their way to the RG3, Luck sweepstakes. I mean they were terrible...
    With him they won 6 in a row including wins vs Chi, SD, and NYJ..
    The most telling part for me was when I read an article from a scout who said the same players that were grading at C-F during the first four games, were grading between A-Bs for the remaining 11 games of the season.

He may have a terrible throwing motion, but he is a winner....You may say he got too much credit, but without Tebow that teams goes 2-14 or 3-13. Sure, Prater made big picks, and the D made great plays...But Tebow got them to believe in him, and believe in each other...

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:20 pm
  • The Jets are IDIOTS for using a Tebow / Sanchez rotation. They look like fools doing it. I almost feel sorry for them having that fundamental J.C. "me first" dude on their team. I saw him whining multiple times on the sidelines. The Jets are a laughingstock.... :lol:

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:16 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    H4WKSF4N wrote:

How would you know?

Because Dunceface told me that he's the one that took Tebows virginity away, and what reason would he have to lie about that :16: :16: :16: :16: :16:

I told you that in confidence :oops:
    Me and Teebs and JC were hangin out drinkin sacramental wine and one thing led to another...
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information