Jaws on PTI

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Jaws on PTI
Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:11 pm
  • Sherman the best shutdown CB in the league with Revis out. Hope we can keep him around. That is all.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Jaws on PTI
Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:14 pm
  • Sweet. What is a max deal for a CB these days? Well over $10 mil a year right?
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:20 pm
  • If that doesn't get votes for Sherman, nothing will.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:21 pm
  • We knew that already. Don't need no stinking Jaws!!!
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:29 pm
  • i wonder what is going to happen when people can't just avoid him anymore becuase WT3 is back and they can't just pass it on Tru?
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 pm
  • Seeker wrote:i wonder what is going to happen when people can't just avoid him anymore becuase WT3 is back and they can't just pass it on Tru?

Then they're just gonna run the ball all over us, based on the last few games.

let's hope Russell runs the score up early.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 pm
  • Seeker wrote:i wonder what is going to happen when people can't just avoid him anymore becuase WT3 is back and they can't just pass it on Tru?

Someone please show me a stat that shows how horribly Tru is playing
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:45 pm
  • I love the respect but I dont want how good these guys we have are getting out there so we dont have to pay big money to keep them!!
    hawksman53
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:52 pm
  • Missing_Clink wrote:Sweet. What is a max deal for a CB these days? Well over $10 mil a year right?

I believe Revis and Asomugha (sp?) Make 16 million per year as the highest paid CBs this year. I don't know how the contracts are structured though.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:01 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    Seeker wrote:i wonder what is going to happen when people can't just avoid him anymore becuase WT3 is back and they can't just pass it on Tru?

Then they're just gonna run the ball all over us, based on the last few games.

let's hope Russell runs the score up early.

Don't be silly, run it all over us? We gave up less than 90 yards to the Jet's on Sunday, how is that horrible? Adrian Peterson is the best back in the league, we won't face another back like him all year.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm
  • Jaws is one of the talking heads that doesn't bother me....most of the time.

He was really talking up Geno Smith last year when very few were.

While it's nice for Seahawks, inc. to have one of the best corners in the league
    for about a nickel a year, a day of fiscal reckoning is comin' my brotha'.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:16 pm
  • What happens when Thurmond is ready to come back? He was our best corner before being injured....
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    Seeker wrote:i wonder what is going to happen when people can't just avoid him anymore becuase WT3 is back and they can't just pass it on Tru?

Agreed.

Tru is our 3rd CB which means he's rotating between the slot, 1st or 2nd TE, RB/FB, or a WR in motion. Trufant is still a solid tackler and while he's far from his Pro-Bowl peak, he's hardly the problem with our secondary.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:41 pm
  • sammyc521 wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:

Agreed.

Tru is our 3rd CB which means he's rotating between the slot, 1st or 2nd TE, RB/FB, or a WR in motion. Trufant is still a solid tackler and while he's far from his Pro-Bowl peak, he's hardly the problem with our secondary.

I'd say overall our secondary dosn't have a problem but if you had to point to a weakness it's got to be Tru, he is just not as qucik as he use to be and he doesn't look as comfortable in the slot but I'm sure his leadership is valuable and makes up for his lack of speed/quickness with experience
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:29 pm
  • sammyc521 wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:

Agreed.

If our secondary has problems, then I must not know about them.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:02 pm
  • Have you all forgotten our terrible 3rd-down rate on Defense? They've played great the past few games but to say that it wasn't a problem when teams like Detroit were converting their 3rd and Longs all day was a problem.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:29 pm
  • sammyc521 wrote:Have you all forgotten our terrible 3rd-down rate on Defense? They've played great the past few games but to say that it wasn't a problem when teams like Detroit were converting their 3rd and Longs all day was a problem.

Ugh ruin my day
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:17 pm
  • I hope the pro-bowl voters get the memo. I realize that it's easy to be overlooked up here, but jeez. Sherman isn't just one of the very best corners in the league- he's trolling Tom Brady and poking fun at Calvin Johnson. He's getting interviews left and right. And yet Tony Cornheiser said "who?" regarding Sherman a few weeks ago. And this is after he was the one member of our secondary not to make the pro-bowl last year despite beng the best member of it. Frankly, I'm amazed how under the radar Sherman has remained.

So good for Jaws. He may seem like an idiot to some (my brother hates him), but at least he isn't blind to Sherman's productivity.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:19 pm
  • sammyc521 wrote:Have you all forgotten our terrible 3rd-down rate on Defense? They've played great the past few games but to say that it wasn't a problem when teams like Detroit were converting their 3rd and Longs all day was a problem.

Well, it might have been a fixable problem, and Pete's a fixer. Let's see how things look the rest of the way.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:18 am

Jason Jones being out was a big reason we were having problems with our D-line during that period.
    Scruggs as well.

When we have a full rotation, this squad gets real good.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:57 am
  • I hope Thurmond plays the nickel CB against Miami. Bess vs. Trufant looks like a bad matchup for us on the inside. We don't know how Thurmond's agility and game speed/conditioning will be coming off of all of his leg injuries, however.
    MeenReen
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:44 am

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:05 am
  • Sherman was drafted in 2011, so doesn't that mean he falls under the new rookie CBA signed in 2011?

Either way, Schneider and Carroll have preached cap management so they could have a healthy balance sheet in order to re-sign players when it's time. At least that's what was explained to us when they let Winslow Jr. go, too much of a cap hit.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:11 am
  • Tru is our 3rd CB which means he's rotating between the slot, 1st or 2nd TE, RB/FB, or a WR in motion. Trufant is still a solid tackler and while he's far from his Pro-Bowl peak, he's hardly the problem with our secondary.[/quote]

he's the weakest link in our secondary , period... and yes i must know of these secondary problems as well... as far as the short passes , and third downs, you can credit those to the defensive schemes and our linebackers who are not good in coverage, not the secondary... i'll take thurmond as the nickle over trufant every day fo the week, and twice on sunday.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information