Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson = Troy Aikman
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:16 pm 
* Report Button *

jlwaters1 wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Aikman was NOT overrated. Was he Elway? No. But he threw the ball, to the same spot, every play, within centimeters. Millen compared him to a robot, and said while different, and not as athletic as Elway, Aikman was great in his way.

I don't get the comparison, except maybe like Aikman, Wilson will make coaching damn easy. A Cowboy fans told me that, Jimmy benefited from a human jugs machine (my new nickname) more than anything.

I've had some concerns over Carroll on gameday this year, but really think Wilson will enable Carroll to climb into a Cowher, Bowden, J Johnson type role.

The intention of this thread wasn't to so much compare the 2 QB's attributes as merely to point out that a HOF QB who was extremely successfull only managed 200 yards a game over his career. That he only exceeded 20 TD's in 1 of his 12 seasons. The Point is we shouldn't be worried that Wilson isn't throwing for 275 yards a game. Just appreciate the efficiency to which he is playing. He may never be a consistent 300 yard passer, but who cares if he's scoring TD's and limiting turnovers.

Gotchya. And, your preaching to Sandusky, (he's catholic, right) yards per doesn't mean a thing.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:39 pm 
NET Veteran

pehawk wrote:
Aikman was NOT overrated. Was he Elway? No. But he threw the ball, to the same spot, every play, within centimeters. Millen compared him to a robot, and said while different, and not as athletic as Elway, Aikman was great in his way.

I don't get the comparison, except maybe like Aikman, Wilson will make coaching damn easy. A Cowboy fans told me that, Jimmy benefited from a human jugs machine (my new nickname) more than anything.

I've had some concerns over Carroll on gameday this year, but really think Wilson will enable Carroll to climb into a Cowher, Bowden, J Johnson type role.

You are spot on.

Aikman was one of the most accurate, putting the ball exactly where it needed to be.

When you had a comfortable lead at halftime, a great OL with a great running back, he rarely had to throw in the 2nd half of games. Go back and look at the QB's of his day, there were not nearly as many 300 yd passers as they are today.

Can Wilson fill that role? Absolutely. The key will be having a solid OL, Lynch staying healthy, and a solid defense.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:16 am 
NET Veteran

Why can't Wilson = Wilson?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:55 pm 
NET Veteran

T-Sizzle wrote:
Why can't Wilson = Wilson?

Exactly! Besides I think Wilson has a higher ceiling

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:59 pm 
* Handsome *

A higher ceiling than Aikman?

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]