Parking

Crispy

Reaction score
I live in Portland. I've scored tickets to the S.F. game in December. I've never been to a Hawks game, and am rarely in Seattle..
Are there any park and rides to/from the game? If so, which would you recommend for someone driving up from Portland (just for the day).

Thx!

The Radish

Reaction score
Might consider the Sounder Train. Make the entire trip from Portland to Seattle I believe but am sure there is someone here that can help with that or parking.

And welcome to Seahawks.net hope you have a wonderful game experience.

:les:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
If there isn't the option of taking the Sounder train all the way from Portland, you can for sure take one from Tacoma. That would at least save you from having to deal with Seattle traffic, as well as saving an extra hour on the road.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Sounder train from Tacoma or Kent....or drive up to near Sea-Tac Airport and take the Light Rail in from the Tukwila station. Jet get there early enough to get a parking place as spots run out quickly.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
If you are driving from Portland, I'd suggest the Light Rail from near Seatac Airport.

You wont have to deal with making it at a specific time.
Trains come about every 15 minutes.

You can go straight up I-5 with little issues.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I have never tried the light rail from Seatac. Where does it drop you off near the stadium?
I have used The Sounder from Everett (North) for 5 or 6 years. You should be able to park at the station in Tacoma and spend about $9 per person RT. You are dropped off at the stadium. Leave as soon as the game is over for your return trip.
The North station has to 2 runs each way. I would guess Tacoma has similar costs and departures.

washmont

Reaction score
The link rail has 2 stops for the Staduim. The first from the Airport is the staduim stop which is right behind Safeco, or next 2nd stop which is the International Distict, which is right across the street to the east of the North Parking Lot

OP
OP
C

Crispy

Reaction score
Thanks all. Looks like I have a couple good options.

Go Hawks!

Reaction score
Light Rail near the airport is great, but the Park and Ride fills up EARLY - you've got to get there AT LEAST a few hours early in order to get a spot.

tooshort

Reaction score
get off of I-5 at the dearborn exit,( head east/right less than 1/2 a mile)until you cross Rainier ave and park anywhere for free.. catch a cab (206) 282-8222 to uwajimaya for less than $10 and walk 3 blocks to the stadium....

On the way home..catch a cab from Uwajimaya to your car (straight up dearborn about .75miles) then follow Rainier ave until you hit MLK Jr way(slight diagonal right) which will take you far outside the path of most hawkcrazedtraffic resistance and onto I-5 for an easy ride home...