Can anyone update me on the injury situation?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
How's James Carpenter? Anyone on IR yet? Was KJ's concussion serious?

What are we gonna do about Walter Thurmond? Is there anyone else on PUP? Are we going to take advantage of the IR rule this season (maybe bring back Taua?).

Will we have all starters back for Monday? That would be a first, especially for the O-line.

Help me out here.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
In his PC today, Pete said he expected all injured players back for next week. Nothing official, but that was his speculation. Since they are all off this week, nothing more official until they re-convene next week after our bye.

sutz

Reaction score
Thurman is off PUP IIRC, though he was inactive for the Jets game.

Won't be much news, I imagine, until next Monday or so.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":24778g1u said:
In his PC today, Pete said he expected all injured players back for next week. Nothing official, but that was his speculation. Since they are all off this week, nothing more official until they re-convene next week after our bye.

OMG that is great. And Thurmond coming back? He better not dissapoint....

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":wpuhlf9q said:
Jazzhawk":wpuhlf9q said:

OMG that is great. And Thurmond coming back? He better not dissapoint....
Thurmond was re-activated to the squad last week, but was inactive for the Jets game.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
It will be a quiet week. It might even be until next Wednesday until we have an accurate picture. You gotta love how we have been very fortunate so far.

JKent82

Reaction score
Thurmond will have 6 weeks of practice going into the next game I think, depending how much he gets to do during the bye week. Maybe get a taster against the Dolphins and start playing a modest amount against the Bears I would think. Pretty good amount of time to get him in game shape and ready to go.

I would personally be pretty surprised if Carp and KJ aren't back, but i guess concussions can be finicky.

Also we aren't able to use the IR rule to bring anyone back. We would have had to designated them for return after they went on IR, post 53 man cut.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I'm guessing Thurmond is going to be a dime back this year, frankly, unless Pete sees something in practice. WT3 has been out for a long time, has a huge injury history, and is really young. If I were Pete, I'd treat him like a porcelain doll - get him on the field when you can, but don't put him in a position to play 40% of snaps in a game (3 wideout sets are common enough that a nickel DB is pretty busy). Walter has his whole career in front of him to be our nickel DB, and could probably use some light playing duty to get back into game shape.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Its alright people cuz he is wrong, Obo went on IR so we do have injuries. Phew, that was close though damn it.