Whatever happened to Lofa ??

Lithium

Reaction score
he signed with atlanta, then went to IR before pre-season even started, he's done

DynoHawk

Reaction score
On March 10, 2012, Tatupu signed a two-year, $5.75 million contract with the Atlanta Falcons.[8] On July 24, 2012, Tatupu suffered a torn pectoral and will miss the entire 2012 NFL season. The Falcons released him the next day

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
torn pec. His body has just had enough pro football at this point. He was a warrior though

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Who would you cut from the roster to make room for him? Yeah, I dunno either.

OP
OP
glowingeyedseahawk
Reaction score
DynoHawk":3461ghro said:
On March 10, 2012, Tatupu signed a two-year, $5.75 million contract with the Atlanta Falcons.[8] On July 24, 2012, Tatupu suffered a torn pectoral and will miss the entire 2012 NFL season. The Falcons released him the next day

WOW !!
missed info. on his injury.....
I knew he had signed with another team.
He is (was) a warrior Clink.....
I miss his '05 intense-ness !!

CANHawk

Reaction score
And that marked like the second or third time he's torn that pec too. Too bad. Guys a baller but his bod is broken.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
If I remember correctly he has had quite a few conclusions as well. Sounds like its time to hang up the cleats

mistaowen

Reaction score
CANHawk":2eoo7r5v said:
And that marked like the second or third time he's torn that pec too. Too bad. Guys a baller but his bod is broken.

Too bad, could ben hitter tackler.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I loved Lofa, but when we cut him, it was really his time. It's a tough business, and not everyone, even a guy with the talent Lofa had, is built to play over a long period of time. He was amazing at his prime, but his body just didn't hold up. I hope he has other successes in his life, but his football career should be over

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Happypuppy":2q7tij6c said:
If I remember correctly he has had quite a few conclusions as well. Sounds like its time to hang up the cleats

Yes, he was always jumping to conclusions.

His career is, in fact, concluded.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
it makes me sad, such great memories from that guy... seems like this was now SO, SO LONG AGO

051205%20TATUPU%20Lofa%20KL.jpg

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Lofa's now kind of the poster boy for why picking an undersized MLB is a bad long term investment. Great player broken too soon.

Bryan

Reaction score
Every time I go through that McDonald's drive-in in Kirkland where he got his DUI, I pour out a bit of my coffee in his honor...

Seriously, the defensive leader of our greatest team. Love that guy...

Kixkahn

Reaction score
taz291819":27xjxf09 said:
If we make it to a home playoff game, would love to see Lofa raise the flag.
Agreed he really was a key piece to us getting to super bowl 40. :13:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that everyone really liked Lofa. He should have gotten DROY over Merrriman if you ask me... IIRC he had more interceptions and a couple other key stats, but the problem was he played for Seattle...

Also, IIRC, it seemed like he stopped taking care of his body and put on FAT weight, rather than muscle, after his first year or two. When you become a lazy ass and you're already kinda undersized, it ain't gonna work out for you.