Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: John Schneider
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:28 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10520
Location: Pasco, WA
I love that man.........that is all.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: John Schneider
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:58 pm
Posts: 1160
Location: New Jersey - Site of Super Bowl XLVIII
He has done an unbelievable job with this team. Nobody can say otherwise.

_________________
Image

Win Forever!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: John Schneider
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:30 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm
Posts: 2081
I used to love Tim Ruskell. I don't know if I can trust my judgment on GMs anymore.

Edit: I also defended him after he left.... defended his drafts... God, what was wrong with me???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: John Schneider
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:41 pm 
* NET Bad Ass *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:00 am
Posts: 1935
Location: Puyallup
jkitsune wrote:
I used to love Tim Ruskell. I don't know if I can trust my judgment on GMs anymore.

Edit: I also defended him after he left.... defended his drafts... God, what was wrong with me???


So, you got pigeon holed into thinking we had a chance with the direction we were in.

I did a lot the same. Always hoping for the best.

Positivity can suck sometimes.

_________________
GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
DROPPIN' THE NOISE HAMMER AT THE SOUTH ALASKA INSANE ASYLUM


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: John Schneider
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:10 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9839
I liked Ruskell for 2005. Good draft, key free agent signings (JJ, Fisher), superbowl run. Then like a month after the Superbowl, the Hutch fiasco happened, and I never forgave him for that. I didn't want him fired, but that one move pretty much killed all of his good will for me. Not because of the poison pill, but because even most morons know that you franchise an all-pro if you want to keep him. Holmgren was livid when he found out that Hutch wasn't franchised. Then the Branch trade happened (I was against it before it happened), as well as a lot of head scratching 1st round picks. But the Curry pick (which I saw coming) pretty much did Ruskell in for me. Just a horrible, mindless, sheep-mentality draft pick. I was already on the fire Tim Ruskell side of the fence before that, but that pick put me in the driver's seat. This was before Curry ever played a down for us.

Really the only positive things I can say about Ruskell are that he was here when the VMAC got built- if he played even a tiny role in that then credit is merited. He was effective in FA, getting the guys he wanted. Housh didn't last long, but that was still a big get. JP was a really big get. Kerney was a nice get. Though in some cases, TR got an assist from Jim Mora. Jim Mora may not be a good coach, but he can recruit. The only remaining positives for Ruskell was that he drafted Mebane and Unger, and got a future pick that turned into Earl Thomas. Thomas fit the TR profile too, so it would not surprise me if Thomas would be a Seahawk even if TR had stayed.

Basically, TR's tenure felt 75% bad, 25% good. JS's tenure has felt 5% bad, 95% good, with that 5% occurring ages ago (Whitehurst). Even when I'm sure that JS is making a huge mistake (Tapp trade, Wilson trade, Polumbus released, Omiyale makes roster, etc), every single time he comes out of those moves looking like a genius. Either it means he's very lucky or he's just incredibly smart. It might be a combination of both, but there is no question in my mind that we have the best coaching/GM pairing in the NFL.


Last edited by kearly on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: John Schneider
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:12 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8683
Location: Is Everything
TheHawkster wrote:
jkitsune wrote:
I used to love Tim Ruskell. I don't know if I can trust my judgment on GMs anymore.

Edit: I also defended him after he left.... defended his drafts... God, what was wrong with me???


So, you got pigeon holed into thinking we had a chance with the direction we were in.

I did a lot the same. Always hoping for the best.

Positivity can suck sometimes.


It's called trying to convince yourself something is so even though all logic tells you it isn't.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: John Schneider
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:21 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:32 am
Posts: 3306
Location: The Open Road
I have to say Ruskell the rascal had me hook, line and sinker. I admit that Mora had me thinking he was going to be a good head coach. But after about the 6th game of the regular season I had completely changed my mind. I hated myself for a long time afterward.

_________________
" Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: John Schneider
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7860
I think JS and PC are a great team. At the end of the day, PC has final say. And some of JS's ideas haven't come off (eg: Whitehurst). But as a combination we appear to have struck gold.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: John Schneider
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:35 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11209
These guys are brilliant planners.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: John Schneider
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:26 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 am
Posts: 350
kearly wrote:
Then like a month after the Superbowl, the Hutch fiasco happened, and I never forgave him for that. I didn't want him fired, but that one move pretty much killed all of his good will for me. Not because of the poison pill, but because even most morons know that you franchise an all-pro if you want to keep him. Holmgren was livid when he found out that Hutch wasn't franchised.


Didn't they used the franchise tag on Alexander that year?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: John Schneider
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:31 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:17 pm
Posts: 2610
Location: Oroville CA.
SeaWolv wrote:
kearly wrote:
Then like a month after the Superbowl, the Hutch fiasco happened, and I never forgave him for that. I didn't want him fired, but that one move pretty much killed all of his good will for me. Not because of the poison pill, but because even most morons know that you franchise an all-pro if you want to keep him. Holmgren was livid when he found out that Hutch wasn't franchised.


Didn't they used the franchise tag on Alexander that year?

Yes they did.

_________________
Image
"Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed´╗┐ him" some dude on youtube.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: John Schneider
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:51 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8869
Location: Covington, Washington
suppaball wrote:
SeaWolv wrote:
kearly wrote:
Then like a month after the Superbowl, the Hutch fiasco happened, and I never forgave him for that. I didn't want him fired, but that one move pretty much killed all of his good will for me. Not because of the poison pill, but because even most morons know that you franchise an all-pro if you want to keep him. Holmgren was livid when he found out that Hutch wasn't franchised.


Didn't they used the franchise tag on Alexander that year?

Yes they did.


Not true. They used the Tag on Alexander the year before with the promise not to apply it the next year. The team had the option of Franchise or Transition tagging Hutch, they chose the cheaper of the two. Also there was the last minute CBA signing that made available tons of money that wasn't there when the FAs had to be declared. Always thought the NFL should have given teams a chance to reconsider due to the late CBA signing.

I hate and still hate the idea of Franchising a player. There shouldn't be one. But that is another story. I backed Ruskell at the time but before I knew Hutch was going to pull that poison pill crap. I was naive on that aspect. Oh well. Stinks.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: John Schneider
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:13 am
Posts: 1459
Location: Portland, OR
Ruskell is good at what he is - completing teams. He can't build a roster and he can't build for the future, but he can fill gaps short-term.

And yeah - his 2005 draft was pretty good.

_________________
Remembering rookies will play like rookies, since 2012.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Atradees, ballard1951, Canhawks, Floridahawk79, Google [Bot], hawksfansinceday1, Kooshster, LymonHawk, Majestic-12 [Bot], Meeker, NoChops, TwilightError, UK_Seahawk, Yahoo [Bot] and 66 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.