Hey the Hawks are #2 in the league in sacks

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Cool I guess. Can't get the stat on NFL.com cause the monday night game hasn't been played yet, but yeah I read it somewhere. #2! Woohoo!

EDIT: Found out where I found it. I was reading some HawkBlogger....

The defense held another offense without a touchdown. This was the third time this year an offense could not reach the endzone against Seattle. They came into the season with a goal to improve their pass rush, and now find themselves tied for 2nd in the NFL with 28 sacks. They had 33 all of last season. Rookie Bruce Irvin climbed within a half-sack of the Seahawks rookie sack record with his 6th and 7th sack of the year. He is on pace for 11.0, and took back the lead among rookies from the Patriots Chandler Jones. The improved pressure, combined with the stunning secondary play has led to Seattle ranking second in the NFL in opponent passer rating (73.8). The last two teams have thrown for a combined 145 passing yards.

We're also back to our TO forcing ways (for now). And we got 28 sacks! All last season we had 33!

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/11/the- ... -jets.html

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":oa9lvef8 said:
Well, didn't we all say we wanted a better pass rush this season? I think we have that, finally.

Right? Who did it? Jason Jones? Bruce Irvin? Bobby Wagner? DB blitzes?

Whatever they did, it seems to be working.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1rnhev9n said:
peachesenregalia":1rnhev9n said:
Well, didn't we all say we wanted a better pass rush this season? I think we have that, finally.

Right? Who did it? Jason Jones? Bruce Irvin? Bobby Wagner? DB blitzes?

Whatever they did, it seems to be working.

All of the above. The additions of Jason Jones, Bruce Irvin, and even Bobby Wagner, to the pass rush, has been immensely helpful for our defense. These guys are performing at a high level with such consistency now. Such a far cry from the defense we had during the Holmgren years.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Having Jason Jones back was huge for Irvin, running Jones and Irvin on that stunt that gets Bruce inside works really well, doesn't work so well w/ Scruggs in there instead of Jones.

mistaowen

Reaction score
The biggest addition to our pass rush is Jason Jones. Without him, QBs could step up into the middle where there wasn't pressure. If he can't, Bruce and Clem can use their speed to get outside and then in towards the QB. I really, really hope we ink him to a long contract. His addition has done huge things for our defense.

hawker84

Reaction score
Clemons had a good game as well, no sacks but he was back there dirupting a lot, and had a huge hit on sanchez.... we keep saying we're not seeing the sacks , not seeing the sacks... but pressuring the QB can be every bit as effective as sacks some times.... pretty happy with what i saw from the boys up front... still not stuffing the run though, yes it was much better, but i'm not seeing a lot of tackling for loss, or just stuffing the run at the line of scrimmage, goal line looks decent i thought...?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sacks in Home Games:
Dallas - 1
Green Bay - 8
New England - 1
Minnesota - 4
New York - 3
Total: 17

Sacks in Road Games:
Arizona - 1
St. Louis - 2
Carolina - 4
San Francisco - 2
Detroit - 2
Total: 11

Should not surprise anyone that the one game on the road we got after the passer, we won. The pass rush is HUGE in deciding how good this team can be. Need them to show up in Miami and Chicago.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Well to be fair we have played 1 more game than the majority of the NFL. Still cool though.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":31i1oa5f said:
Sacks in Home Games:
Dallas - 1
Green Bay - 8
New England - 1
Minnesota - 4
New York - 3
Total: 17

Sacks in Road Games:
Arizona - 1
St. Louis - 2
Carolina - 4
San Francisco - 2
Detroit - 2
Total: 11

Should not surprise anyone that the one game on the road we got after the passer, we won. The pass rush is HUGE in deciding how good this team can be. Need them to show up in Miami and Chicago.

Great stats thanks man.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
I honestly think Hawks' will finish #1 by the time season is over. You can call it a semi-bold prediction.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
So the Hawks have had a sack in every game? Sure doesn't seem like we have the 2nd most sacks. It seems like we get them in bunches and then have a long cold stretch.

Good news is they'll most likely get better.

kearly

Reaction score
The team is on pace for 45. That's the same number Seattle had in 2007 with JP and career year Kerney.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":fkx0nt85 said:
The team is on pace for 45. That's the same number Seattle had in 2007 with JP and career year Kerney.

Kerney, like the 2012 Seahawks pass rush to date, was awesome at home and pretty much vanished on the road.

To beat Miami, they'll have to buck this trend. Ditto Chicago.