Could Marshawn win the rushing title?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
With 6 games left Marshawn is trailing AP by 123 yards. Foster is 133 yards back of Marshawn. The Vikings have 5 of their last 6 games against top 10 defenses. The Hawks have 4 games against top 10 defenses but also one game against the worst defense. The Titans* have no games against a top 10 defense but they do have 4 against top 16 defenses. I think it comes down to Lynch and Foster. Unfortunately Foster may be in the catbird seat.

* Edit: I meant Texans not Titans.

lukerguy

Reaction score
APs already played his bye week which means he's at least 100+ more behind than he already is. Lynch also has a touch running schedule left (Miami, SF, Chicago..) Barring injury to ADP it would be very unlikely.

Steve2222

Reaction score
He wont catch him but Lynch will still get 1,500+ yards to go along with 8+ TDs which I'll take any year from my HB.

And OT but AD played 16 games (?) last year and Peyton Manning played 0. They are both coming off injuries. I dont see how Peyton Manning cant win the Comback player of the year opposed to who everyone else is saying the shoe in is, AD.

But AD deserves to be in serious MVP consideration.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2n2rnqo3 said:
Have you seen what Peterson has been doing this year? Unless AP gets seriously injured, the rushing title is his.

This. We've already seen ample evidence that Peterson doesn't give a damn about the defensive ranking of the team he's facing. He's gonna do what he does.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The way Peterson is running, it's hard to picture it.. especially with games against Miami, Chicago and San Francisco (all Top 10 Rush D) remaining.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3o6wo8bq said:
peachesenregalia":3o6wo8bq said:
Have you seen what Peterson has been doing this year? Unless AP gets seriously injured, the rushing title is his.

This. We've already seen ample evidence that Peterson doesn't give a damn about the defensive ranking of the team he's facing. He's gonna do what he does.

Ditto on both accounts.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
SeaWolv":194mae17 said:
With 6 games left Marshawn is trailing AP by 123 yards. Foster is 133 yards back of Marshawn. The Vikings have 5 of their last 6 games against top 10 defenses. The Hawks have 4 games against top 10 defenses but also one game against the worst defense. The Titans have no games against a top 10 defense but they do have 4 against top 16 defenses. I think it comes down to Lynch and Foster. Unfortunately Foster may be in the catbird seat.

wat

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3qknlf63 said:
SeaWolv":3qknlf63 said:
With 6 games left Marshawn is trailing AP by 123 yards. Foster is 133 yards back of Marshawn. The Vikings have 5 of their last 6 games against top 10 defenses. The Hawks have 4 games against top 10 defenses but also one game against the worst defense. The Titans have no games against a top 10 defense but they do have 4 against top 16 defenses. I think it comes down to Lynch and Foster. Unfortunately Foster may be in the catbird seat.

wat
file.php

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
lukerguy":2p18svx4 said:
APs already played his bye week which means he's at least 100+ more behind than he already is. Lynch also has a touch running schedule left (Miami, SF, Chicago..) Barring injury to ADP it would be very unlikely.

According to Yahoo Sports their bye is this week. I didn't say it was a foregone conclusion, only that it was possible.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1gwdtl66 said:
Have you seen what Peterson has been doing this year?.

Have you seen what Marshawn Lynch has been doing this year?
AP is a beast I'm not arguing otherwise but so is Marshawn and I think Marshawn has a slightly easier road ahead than AP.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2l2v9qlf said:
peachesenregalia":2l2v9qlf said:

I'm sure he doesn't give a damn, just as I'm sure Marshawn doesn't either. However if you look at what he did earlier in the season he wasn't racking up big yardage. After the Tampa game his carries went up and of course his yardage. The game against the niners was an early exception, he had high carries but low yardage. Since then he's faced 2 top 10 defenses and done well against both. Conversely Marshawn had good games against 2 top 10 defenses as well. Granted AP's games were bigger than Marshawn's.

Bryan

Reaction score
I can say confidently that every time Marshawn puts on that jersey on gameday, he's thinking about the rushing title. All of the greats do, as well they should...