Was it me, or did our Offensive Line

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
take a step backwards for much of the game today? Man that first half was brutal. Thank goodness for the 2nd half.

Atradees

Reaction score
I was so worried. The Jets were dominating the line. That kid looked pretty good.....cant remember his name....had a brand on his arm.
As usual we made great halftime adjustments.

Ruminator

Reaction score
What our offense did for much of the second half was find ways to get the ball out of RWs hand much more quickly than the first half. Watch both halves, and you'll see that the second half was a very concerted effort whether by hand-offs or laterals or quick dumps or trick plays to get the ball OUT of the pocket as quickly as possible, because Jets D had been swarming the pocket at will in the first half.

Supports continued urgency for OL improvements.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Love the big goofy bawstard to death, but Moffitt looked like ass at times today. He seems much more at home on the right side. Sure hope Carp gets back soon.....

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":em1qsocz said:
Love the big goofy bawstard to death, but Moffitt looked like ass at times today. He seems much more at home on the right side. Sure hope Carp gets back soon.....

True. What i'm not understanding is why they switched the two guards around. moffitt being our starter at Rg last year and McQ at Lg.
Moffitt was a sieve today...too often.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
The Jets are one of the toughest teams in the NFL assignment wise for offensive linemen. They bring everyone from everywhere and shift and move around a lot. It doesn't surprise me they had trouble in the first half with all the blitzes and the physicality of the Jets. Once they got used to the style and the looks in the second half they wore them down and broke them.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":3a0a8633 said:
What i'm not understanding is why they switched the two guards around. moffitt being our starter at Rg last year and McQ at Lg.
Moffitt's choice was LG. That's where he played in college.

What I heard is it was Moffitt's choice.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1cv4i564 said:
400WattHPSHawk":1cv4i564 said:
What i'm not understanding is why they switched the two guards around. moffitt being our starter at Rg last year and McQ at Lg.
Moffitt's choice was LG. That's where he played in college.

What I heard is it was Moffitt's choice.

I guess that clears it up then.

I hope Tate doesn't want the QB position now tho. Granted, he's got a helluva passer rating 8)

fav13259

Reaction score
Props to Breno! No Holding, personal foul, or false starts this game if I recall correctly. Progress!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the Jets D was much better than we gave them credit for. They got after RW really good in the first half. Give them credit for that.

kf3339

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to give the other teams defense credit. They played really well the first half. But we made the adjustments and dominated the second half of the game.

suppaball

Reaction score
Atradees":1ih5az9s said:
I was so worried. The Jets were dominating the line. That kid looked pretty good.....cant remember his name....had a brand on his arm.
As usual we made great halftime adjustments.
That was Quinton Couples.(sp)

canzag

Reaction score
Aros":1cz5i932 said:
I think the Jets D was much better than we gave them credit for. They got after RW really good in the first half. Give them credit for that.

I agree plus they had 2 weeks to prepare.They were ready and the Hawks adjusted at halftime.

kearly

Reaction score
Moffitt had a very nice seal off block that sprung one of Lynch's best runs. His touchdown reversing hold (which hurt my fantasy team) was legit though.

Latest posts