Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Cell Phones while at the stadium - signal loss ??
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:52 am 
Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

Over the last 4-5 seasons, while attending the games at CLink, my cell phone looses signal. Can't text, can't call, can't receive calls, nothing...

How many other people that have attended home games endure/encounter this ?

Any explanation ?

Post subject: Re: Cell Phones while at the stadium - signal loss ??
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:54 am 
NET Veteran

No offense intended, but why would you want to talk/text on your cell during a game?

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:01 am 
* NET Baller *

I haven't had the issue at all. But I can probably get a signal in an underground bunker, but at home I don't get ISH!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:06 am 
* NET Philistine *

I've always had trouble getting reception in stadiums. I've always assumed it's because the towers are overloaded. (And I use my cell phone to meet up with people, usually, so it makes it more of a hassle.)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:07 am 
NET Veteran

I believe it's because there are several thousand others also doing the same. Seems to happen at any sporting event with my phone. Something about the network's can't cope with that many people using a phone at the same time. Thank Twitter for that.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:35 am 
NET Practice Squad

68,000 fans, 1000 employees, and you expect signal?

Not to mention its also raining.

I'd advise you to watch some Louis CK youtube videos on technology :)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:39 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

I've usually been able to send texts and have a phone call, but not surf or get apps that need data to work. Yesterday I completely lost all signal from before the game started until I got out of the stadium afterwards.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 am 
NET Rookie

Bakergirl wrote:
No offense intended, but why would you want to talk/text on your cell during a game?

Have you ever attended a game before? With all the TV timeouts and breaks, there's plenty of time to use your phone and not miss any actual game action.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:59 am 
Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

Bakergirl wrote:

well with how subtle the noise was yesterday from the 12, and that we were putting an absolute shellacking on the Jets, i was getting bored and wanted to surf the web, catch up on facebook updates, call my friends and check in with my parents, you know... :sarcasm_on:

but in all seriousness...

over the years I have had friends that have wanted to meet up at some moments, needed to check in with the other half, just the usual small stuff.... seems to never happen or work and it gets frustrating. Yesterday i had an old friend that i hadn't seen for over 4-5 years make it to their first game. They were running late and i couldn't catch up with them pre-game, but wanted to catch them at either halftime or post game.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:00 am 
NET Veteran

Ballz wrote:
Bakergirl wrote:

Have you ever attended a game before? With all the TV timeouts and breaks, there's plenty of time to use your phone and not miss any actual game action.

No man, a true fan never checks his phone or leaves his seat, even during halftime or commercial time outs! :sarcasm_off:

I often have some reception issues, but usually i can at least text, and i can get fantasy scores after a few tries.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:05 am 
NET Veteran

djTOY2000 wrote:
Over the last 4-5 seasons, while attending the games at CLink, my cell phone looses signal. Can't text, can't call, can't receive calls, nothing...

How many other people that have attended home games endure/encounter this ?

Any explanation ?

I'm able to text but I haven't tried to call anyone. The biggest thing that irritates me is my inability to check my fantasy team during halftime.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:06 am 
NET Starter

I texted before the game last week, and had no problem. Tried to text during halftime and it didn't go through.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:11 am 
NET Starter

I have some connection issues as well. Like others have said, I don't think I could get a call through, but I can get a text through and sometimes can get some internet, although it's pretty slow.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]