Where is our short-intermediate passing game?

MLOhawks

Reaction score
It seems like we either throw it 2 yards or 20 when 5-10 would be perfect for RW. Why are we running so many long developing deep routes? Where the heck are the check downs and slants, dump offs, etc? Wilson may not get sacked as much if he had some intermediate outlet to check down to.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Reaneypark":23lxmson said:
Did you watch the game?

Do you have anything of substance to add? If not, please just refrain from responding.

Tical21

Reaction score
Wilson was confused all day. He couldn't tell who was rushing and who was going to drop back into the underneath zones. He did find Miller on a good number of underneath plays. It's really hard to find the underneath stuff when the opposing defense has 8 in the box all game and is making sure they take the underneath stuff away, which is what Wilson has seen almost all season long. That is why the over-the-top stuff is there more often than it is for other teams. Couple that with having RB's that aren't great threats out of the backfield, and having a #1 WR that thrives more down the field than he does on shorter routes, and this is kinda what you get. Bevell prefers to call screens to Tate when he thinks the underneath stuff will be more open, which I'm fine with, because the screens are becoming more and more effective. If Wilson keeps making big plays down the field, the underneath stuff will open up in due time.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I think they used a lot of intermediate passes to Miller and Rice along the sidelines. Keep in mind Wilson only threw about 20 passes all game.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch is running fine this year. Short to intermediate passing games are for saps who can't run the ball.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":28448aqh said:
Marshawn Lynch is running fine this year. Short to intermediate passing games are for saps who can't run the ball.

Sounds like exactly all Matt Flynn did in the pre-season. He was a checkdown machine. Makes me wonder how many different things Pete was referring to when he said that Russell did "everything we asked him to do." Sounds like he wasn't only talking about Russell....

kearly

Reaction score
It wasn't there today, but hey, whatever works. Seattle was money in the red zone and Wilson finished with nearly 10 yards per attempt.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It was there, but it was more there last week. I sense Wilson was looking for more deep options today than he was last week and it might have cost him a few early short throws. All's well that ends well, though.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
kearly":2mffcl4g said:
It wasn't there today, but hey, whatever works. Seattle was money in the red zone and Wilson finished with nearly 10 yards per attempt.

Actually I'm pretty sure all of Doug Baldwin's 3 catches were intermediate.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1rfyvtjy said:
Did you watch the game?

rofl. Classic.

While it may be frustrating to watch three and out after three and out, seeing Russell Wilson uncork 40+ yard TD bombs makes it all worthwhile.

Latest posts