What an amazing win

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Fantastic. Superb.

Lots of moaning in the game gameday thread about the offense... but let's give Rex Ryan some credit. The guy can coach. And let's give Darrell Bevell some credit too. It didn't take him too long to adjust and combat the blitzing. When the game was over.. Wilson has two TD's and no picks, Lynch has 100+ yards and a touchdown and our receivers again show up with a big game.

On defense - a nice big shut out after a couple of difficult games.

This is a young team with a ton of potential, and we recovered from a difficult patch in the game to coast along in the second half. This is just the start.

And if anyone cares for those 'instant reaction' type posts (along with a thought on a guy who would be a great compliment to this offense) I wrote this: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/instant-re ... ove-to-6-4

'Go Hawks'.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Really.. this is what I expected to happen. Am I happy we won? Absolutely. But I also realize after the bye week.. we have two very big games that will define the rest of this season.

When this team can win a big road game, I'll be excited. Until then.. I'm held back in that department.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1jq96fg5 said:
Really.. this is what I expected to happen. Am I happy we won? Absolutely. But I also realize after the bye week.. we have two very big games that will define the rest of this season.

When this team can win a big road game, I'll be excited. Until then.. I'm held back in that department.

It must suck to be a fan when you cant get excited about blow out wins. I dont understand it.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Time to get excited if you ask me.

Young team, nobody wins in our house. Road wins? That's just the next thing on the check list. We probably won't win the Super Bowl this year, but at least we're heading in the right direction. That's reason enough to get excited.

ivotuk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1s5r0ae1 said:
Time to get excited if you ask me.

Young team, nobody wins in our house. Road wins? That's just the next thing on the check list. We probably won't win the Super Bowl this year, but at least we're heading in the right direction. That's reason enough to get excited.

At the very least we will win a playoff game and prevent some one else from making the Superbowl.

But in all seriousness, I won't be surprised if we make it to the Superbowl this year. This team is that good.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I agree time to get excited. Minnesota has two games against GB and two against Chicago. We hold the tie breaker over GB and Minnesota if tied with both.

TB is about the only team that could really challenge and screw us up if we go 10-6.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
JSeahawks":xl00kak5 said:
Hasselbeck":xl00kak5 said:

It must suck to be a fan when you cant get excited about blow out wins. I dont understand it.

All over a silly Flynn jersey purchase too. I'm surprised he still refuses to cheer for our QB.

Rat

Reaction score
ivotuk":2wt6hjba said:
At the very least we will win a playoff game and prevent some one else from making the Superbowl.
Unless we win the division, that playoff win would have to be on the road.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This team has won tough road games in Chicago and New York with far less talent than it has now. It beat Carolina, was a play away from beating each of our three division rivals, and put up 24 points against Detroit. Everyone else sees a monkey riding this team's back with the words "road games" taped to it, but I don't see it. We'll be fine.

Rat

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":30c8x8es said:
This team has won tough road games in Chicago and New York with far less talent than it has now.
Are you referring to the Chicago game where they were starting Caleb Hanie? Chicago looks much, much improved since then. They're shutting down a top 5 offense as I type this.

That "road monkey" is probably coming from the 1-3 road record, 6-14 since Carroll has been here. Hard to say it's not a significant problem.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rat":1atqiu4a said:
Are you referring to the Chicago game where they were starting Caleb Hanie? Chicago looks much, much improved since then. They're shutting down a top 5 offense as I type this.

No, I'm talking about the 2010 game where they started Jay Cutler.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3ps8inaa said:
All over a silly Flynn jersey purchase too. I'm surprised he still refuses to cheer for our QB.

Actually I only own an Earl Thomas jersey. Thanks for trying though. :th2thumbs:

And no.. I'm not overly excited about blowing out the Jets. We're supposed to do that. This is all for not if we go into Miami and lay an egg.

Fact is we're 5-0 at home and 1-4 on the road. If the latter doesn't change, what we do at home isn't going to matter a whole lot.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3ol3sy2e said:
This team has won tough road games in Chicago and New York with far less talent than it has now. It beat Carolina, was a play away from beating each of our three division rivals, and put up 24 points against Detroit. Everyone else sees a monkey riding this team's back with the words "road games" taped to it, but I don't see it. We'll be fine.

That sounds nice and all...but they need to find a way to win on the road. Nothing we did before this season matters.

Pats on the back and "coulda, shoulda, woulda" is not enough.

Rat

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2ylf3ei4 said:
Rat":2ylf3ei4 said:

No, I'm talking about the 2010 game where they started Jay Cutler.
Shame that other teams don't improve.

I can agree that our road troubles might be somewhat overblown, but I don't know how anyone can say they're no big deal and act like they don't exist. If they were no big deal, we wouldn't have three road losses to teams that currently have losing records.

Zowert

Reaction score
Not trying to derail this thread, but everything has been said about the Seahawks performance today. On the other hand, the Jets fans are in meltdown mode on their forums. Some are calling for Rex Ryan's head, others are complaining because Sanchez is awful but Tebow is worse, so they have no choice. Its like; which pile of dog crap do you want to step in? The medium size pile or the large pile.

Jets fans are being a little hard on their offense. Yeah they are pretty bad, but they were up against arguably the best defense in the league today. Even the games we lost, we kept close. Only the Vikings with AP and Niners with Gore, were able to run the ball on us. No one has been able to pass for a ridiculous amount of yards on our secondary. We even held Brady at bay. So, I really hope the Jets weren't thinking Sanchez could beat our secondary.